Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chastity

Regular

Chastity

I think chastity should have a hard cap of 3 days. To me, it seems a little overpowered when you can keep getting it on you for 6 or 7 days at a time. Of course, if the other kingdom is active enough, they can still keep it on you constantly, but it seems way too easy at the moment, especially since it's not a difficult spell to successfully cast. Having a situation where a couple of mystics in the enemy kingdom can inflict zero birthrates on almost your entire kingdom constantly doesn't seem very balanced. In my opinion, since chastity severely limits any form of peasant recovery, it should have a very low maximum duration. Either that, or it should be made a lot harder to cast.

Otherwise, please create a spell that gives a certain chance of curing chastity each tick. 'Promiscuity' perhaps?

Post Fiend
    If they're keeping almost your entire kingdom at zero birthrates (and low peasants), those mystics are doing some hard work. They deserve a reward for that hard work, I'd think.

If you're really having that much trouble with it, there is a cure: Mystic Vortex.

Kidnap also counters it
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    They are not doing hard work, they are just spamming it on everyone for 6 or 7 hours a pop. Granted, they don't really know what they are doing, but it's still too overpowered for it's difficulty and rune cost. I know there are options for dealing with it, but it requires a lot of effort and cost against something which is so easy for them to dish out.

Bishop, kidnapping helps, but the gains are wiped out way too easily, and the cost of doing those ops can be significant.

Post Fiend
    I still don't think it's overpowered. Very often, it's not even the best use of runes and mana. When you can use Fireballs to get someone down to a couple hundred peasants, Chastity doesn't add much to that. Keeping your birth rate down hurts, but it's not like it keeps you from harming them. You can still attack, you can still win the war.

Regular
    Yeah, I know, it goes both ways cause we could do it to them as well. That's not my point. I'm saying the spell itself is unbalanced in terms of it's difficulty given it's potency.

We think chastity is fine and have no plans to change it again.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    How could it be fine if it's got crazy long durations. You obviously didn't even consider it.

Anyway, when you say 'we', who do you mean? Have you actually spoke to anyone else about it? Who makes these decisions? Is it just you? If that is the case, then it seems a little unfair that your opinions dictate. May as well not have a suggestions forum. I have great respect for you Bishop, but I do not like the dismissive nature of some of your replies.
    Last edited by angevin; 28-09-2012 at 16:53.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by angevin View Post
    How could it be fine if it's got crazy long durations. You obviously didn't even consider it.

Anyway, when you say 'we', who do you mean? Have you actually spoke to anyone else about it? Who makes these decisions? Is it just you? If that is the case, then it seems a little unfair that your opinions dictate. May as well not have a suggestions forum. I have great respect for you Bishop, but I do not like the dismissive nature of some of your replies.
    Simple search on Chastity yields a long discussion on it

http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...light=chastity

And to be fair i find it only on par with fireballs and not even remotely op, 6 hours of no growth <<1 cast of fireball if you chose your targets right early in war.
    Last edited by Persain; 28-09-2012 at 17:18.

Quote Originally Posted by angevin View Post

We can either change it, or not change it. Given that you want it changed but we don't I am not surprised you don't like my reply. Not every suggestion can or will be acted on.

Regular
    If you don't want to change chastity, then at least give Love & Peace a chance to make a difference.

Forum Fanatic
    I think Meteors last to long.27 hours is extreme.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Regular
    I guess that would be good if you were a mage and you wanted to watch the LOTR trilogy three times, without interruptions.
    Last edited by angevin; 29-09-2012 at 17:38.

Post Fiend
    well im not surprised bishop says something of the: yea its fine.

how is it fine? 8 hours, (ive got 15 hours before) if a mage can do it in one shot with no loss of wizzards and 2-3% of mana. how is kidnap, which requires a very proper setting ( u have better tpa, enemy doesnt have WT, good tpa AND peasants to actually kidnap from) a counter when you have to use 30% of ur stealth a shot. losing possibly hundreds thieves?

whether stealth will run out, or thieves will.

why do u think that storms had a defense spell to counter it? yes you could *try* to MV it, yes you could "counter" it with kidnap, still didnt change the fact that it had one and was considered strong. same way an enemy can MV you and recast it.

that isnt balanced when person A: spends one click for X dmg. PErson B: has to counter with limited chances and possibility with 10-20 clicks.

and im not even ranting to the level i want to about how this age MS is practicly impossible to MV. i havnt seen one kd mate mving someone this age successfuling to get it out. plus faeries are overpowered. NO its not bad "luck" . WHen it happens to one person yes. But when a much larger amount gets this luck, we call it failed mechanics. because if you even use "statistics" as ur argument, its still fail on ur part because ur the one setting them. and it shouldnt happen. Period.
    Last edited by Lordwarallied; 30-09-2012 at 12:14.
    The decline of Utopia presented by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    [...] And, just for the record, War Spoils can be as much bane as blessing. Sure, you get the land sooner, but your armies can still be Ambushed
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

Post Fiend
    i think some ppl pointed out: MV= difficulty; hard. Cost: 4500 runes around. lots of mana, not garanteed of success of removing the actual spell needed mved.
    Chasity=difficulty; easy. Cost: 1000 runes. one shot spell practically

===== OP
    The decline of Utopia presented by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Twyla View Post
    [...] And, just for the record, War Spoils can be as much bane as blessing. Sure, you get the land sooner, but your armies can still be Ambushed
    Kds played:
    -Sanctuary
    -Dopefiends
    -Copy Cats
    -Moritatum
    -Queen's Mob
    Currently:
    -Melee Weapons

Thread Information