Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: delenda est Teheran

yey necrothread is best thread. Crazy how long it can take for some to respond to their own thread, almost a year? Cray cray

Quote Originally Posted by thephatman View Post
    Israel, 300 nukes, Iran, maybe 1? Who is the greater threat? The only way to predict the future is by taking a sober account of the past. Who has committed acts of war against the US in the past? Iran or Israel? A less informed person might guess Iran; you would be wrong. Sorry but Hostages taken by non-military student activists don't count. Certainly not as much as a deliberate missile attack on a US naval vessel in international waters. Didn't we invade Vietnam for less than that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
    Not to mention that Israel is breaking international law and committing warcrimes on a regular basis. So yeah anybody near Israel has a reason to want nukes since Israel has nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    Back to seriousness, what will Iran do with a nuke? Its not a hard question.
    I agree it's a very easy answer, they would do nothing except sit on it just like everybody else, they're no more suicidal than say Israel. I very much doubt that they'd give them to Hezbollah or Hamas etc because they know that everybody would know where such a bomb came for and they'd instantly be obliterated with extreme prejudice.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 07-10-2014 at 18:37.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    It wasn't supposed to be one? You're seriously back in the thirties expecting Hitler, Stalin & Co. to arrive at your doorstep any moment?
    no I'm expecting it, if you don't act. There's a difference. And with thirties all over again I meant the weak economy and democracy under pressure. Democracy worldwide was doing better before 2008 than after 2008. So I am not wrong there. If anyone makes crazy retoric, (can't say its a rant, a retorical question is too short for that), it's the one who fails to notice that. ;)

btw the real heat didn't come until the fourties, so :P at any moment

Try to stick your head out of the sand for once and stop saying everything is allright. As for Stalin etc on your doorstep. Yeah if you keep saying everything is allright and all the hawks make crazy rants and you really think you're right (which btw needless to say you're not) and try to appease likes of these dictators that will happen. Sweettalking and appeasing never convinced a dictator to stop oppressing people. The only way you can effectively communicate and get what you want from the likes of such unfortunately is through intimidation and violence. And it's not easy to do that if you allow such countries like Iran arm themselves to the teeth, which is what they are doing and meanwhile you're downsizing your own armies, because hey what could possibly go wrong, that Iranians are such nie guys, look at how they treat their own. My oh my Obama truly pales in comparson.[/sarcasm] If you actually think Iran is doing it for nuclear energy and you buy those lies, then at best your delusional, and at worst f-ing crazy. ;)

Oh but noes do not take the hawk's word for it, because he only makes crazy rants. Geesh you are one blind f-ing .....
    Last edited by freemehul; 08-10-2014 at 21:36.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    Try to stick your head out of the sand for once and stop saying everything is allright. As for Stalin etc on your doorstep. Yeah if you keep saying everything is allright and all the hawks make crazy rants and you really think you're right (which btw needless to say you're not) and try to appease likes of these dictators that will happen. Sweettalking and appeasing never convinced a dictator to stop oppressing people. The only way you can effectively communicate and get what you want from the likes of such unfortunately is through intimidation and violence. And it's not easy to do that if you allow such countries like Iran arm themselves to the teeth, which is what they are doing and meanwhile you're downsizing your own armies, because hey what could possibly go wrong, that Iranians are such nie guys, look at how they treat their own. My oh my Obama truly pales in comparson.[/sarcasm] If you actually think Iran is doing it for nuclear energy and you buy those lies, then at best your delusional, and at worst f-ing crazy. ;)

Oh but noes do not take the hawk's word for it, because he only makes crazy rants. Geesh you are one blind f-ing .....
    I doubt anybody think they're doing it for nuclear energy, otoh I don't think they'd seriously be anymore prone to use them than anybody else in history barring the United States(which to date is still the only nation who used them to kill people and we still allow them to keep theirs).
    The real threat here is Putin, not some ****ty backwater country like Iran, they'd at most force Israel to stop their expansion on palestinian territory and may even force them into an unbeneficial(but just and moral) peace according to the 1967 borders.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    I doubt anybody think they're doing it for nuclear energy, otoh I don't think they'd seriously be anymore prone to use them than anybody else in history barring the United States(which to date is still the only nation who used them to kill people and we still allow them to keep theirs).
    The real threat here is Putin, not some ****ty backwater country like Iran, they'd at most force Israel to stop their expansion on palestinian territory and may even force them into an unbeneficial(but just and moral) peace according to the 1967 borders.
    I agree with you on the first part, on the latter part I have to disagree. Historically speaking the ****ty backwater powers, or at least semi-peripheral powers, were the troublemakers. Seeing as how Russia is top 10 power, that basically excludes them from being a backwater. At least in terms of military power. Of course economically its a different story. There are exceptions, most notably Iraq (at one time 4th military power), but on the whole the vast majority of troublemakers that ignited wars and grew too much of a menace unfortunately are the ****ty backwaters. btw That doesn't mean I said, Russia isn't a threat, because it obviously is.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Thread Information