Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: delenda est Teheran

IP ban and province deletion. Any attempt to evade this or further harassment will result in a complaint lodged with your ISP
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

A complaint lodged because he is spamming your forum?
    Grow up.

No, not just that :)
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

In all seriousness, just what do you think Iran would do with a Nuke? Does that means Saudi Arabia will need one to counter them? Israel Cannot hit Iran with conventional weapons which is a scary thought. One way or another we will find out real soon!
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

lol@liberal.

Yea, being liberal is quoting the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff, multiple heads of mossad and other intelligence experts. herp derp. those guys sure are notoriously liberal... oh wait, nvm, its just that reality has a well known liberal bias.

Congrats on your epic fail in this thread, you got thoroughly embarrassed kiddo.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

'Chuckle'. This section is always good for a laugh.

Back to seriousness, what will Iran do with a nuke? Its not a hard question.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post
    Those Israeli nuclear missiles have to be destroyed NOW!

Nuff said...

So when is Obama going to wake up and do something?
    I feel safe with them Israel nukes, real safe in fact.

Regular
    Israel, 300 nukes, Iran, maybe 1? Who is the greater threat? The only way to predict the future is by taking a sober account of the past. Who has committed acts of war against the US in the past? Iran or Israel? A less informed person might guess Iran; you would be wrong. Sorry but Hostages taken by non-military student activists don't count. Certainly not as much as a deliberate missile attack on a US naval vessel in international waters. Didn't we invade Vietnam for less than that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident
    Last edited by thephatman; 25-12-2012 at 20:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    In all seriousness, just what do you think Iran would do with a Nuke? Does that means Saudi Arabia will need one to counter them? Israel Cannot hit Iran with conventional weapons which is a scary thought. One way or another we will find out real soon!
    I'm not in favor of more proliferation, profileration is what brought us all into this mess in the first place.

John you're just twisting on what is liberal.

To John and anyone like him.

I think you're a funny man. ;) Don't think, I don't understand your kind, because I do, I've studied at the university that is the world biggest proliferator. The Paki who gave the bomb to his nation studied at the same University as me. Its the same University that has Saudi medical students, like the ones you see in I dunno Glasgow Airport. ;) There were pretty woman Russian bartenders in the flat where I lived, one of them a redhead (I hope some Americans will get this hint). ;) I've met a Chinese woman trying to get in to Google, which Baidu will probably find very interesting. ;) Don't think, that I don't understand, that you are indeed quite oblivious to all I am hinting at in this albeit cryptic way.

I agree with Rockie in that some reactions in this section, make for laughable material.

...but then I can appreciate cynicism ;) i think it is a more effective reaction, then telling everyone in hindsight, I told you so
    .. and for many it will indeed be hindsight, because you sure are blind

like I said, I understand that blindness, but it still is blindness
    Last edited by freemehul; 01-01-2013 at 22:58.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Let me try to make sense of this...

Countries involved with R&D of weapons manufacture and store the weapons they engineer.
    Then they R&D better weapons and sell the older ones they made some time back...
    And as time goes by, they indirectly help weaponize the world and it suddenly occurs to them that with more weapons sold to more countries they need better weapons.

So they ask their respective congresses for more financial aid during government budgeting to get more money to R&D even better weapons that are probably gona be sold off to the highest bidder in time to come... doesn't all this behaviour perpetuate the needless arms race chase?

Nevermind about printing more money to fund this, thats its own can of worms.

All that money effort and acumen gone into weapons could have probably ensured no one was homeless and everyone had access to food housing education science and even maybe some art.

Wither, humanity?
    It's a beautiful glass, nevermind half full or empty

Quote Originally Posted by copious View Post
    Let me try to make sense of this...

Countries involved with R&D of weapons manufacture and store the weapons they engineer.
    Then they R&D better weapons and sell the older ones they made some time back...
    And as time goes by, they indirectly help weaponize the world and it suddenly occurs to them that with more weapons sold to more countries they need better weapons.

So they ask their respective congresses for more financial aid during government budgeting to get more money to R&D even better weapons that are probably gona be sold off to the highest bidder in time to come... doesn't all this behaviour perpetuate the needless arms race chase?

Nevermind about printing more money to fund this, thats its own can of worms.

All that money effort and acumen gone into weapons could have probably ensured no one was homeless and everyone had access to food housing education science and even maybe some art.

Wither, humanity?
    not if democracy can help it. worldwide it may not look like it, but it makes for a powerful force nonetheless. The statistics show this and back this up. In time as democracy has spread, less and less people in relative terms have died violently. A point driven about the effects of democracy and stable states that it makes, is made quite apparent in "why I chose the gun". Most americans think it's about guns, especially the gun nutters. They're very much mistaken. John would think it's about the gun in the way he has mistaken perceptions on what constitutes liberalism.

there is also another powerful factor and that's geography. You can build all you want, spend all the money you want, eventually you're gonna find out, you can't reach everywhere every single time.

The only problem here are authoritarian and autocratic states. Their perception is so bad, they think they can take on everything. They're like Scarface on cocaine when the money has rolled in, packing their little friends. Wither humanity nope. But humanity would have it so much easier, if those kind of bad regimes are snuffed out early, before they can cause much harm.

Sometimes you have to mow the lawn early before thistles grow too high. I take it that's a bit too much neo-realism and realpolitik for John here. But we can't all be living in the land of fairytales where John lives in. In fact with a bad economy you have to be more vigilant. Its the thirties all over again. If you don't mow the lawn, especially with a bad economy, you'll soon have Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo and Stalin on your front door step. Things won't be withering then, but they'll get flaming hot at first and very cold afterwards.
    Last edited by freemehul; 08-10-2014 at 21:08.

Forum Addict
    Nice crazy rant, but I think he meant

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/whither

as in where to

yeah didn't strike me as that direction, seeing the previous paragraphs

as for crazy rant, pfft

Forum Addict
    "Humanity, where are you going?"

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    as for crazy rant, pfft
    It wasn't supposed to be one? You're seriously back in the thirties expecting Hitler, Stalin & Co. to arrive at your doorstep any moment?

Thread Information