Thread: Undead Elite Conversion

Regular

Undead Elite Conversion

I read in a post from a while back that it was as high as 16% on optimal targets.

Is this still the case? How narrow is the networth variance for maximum conversion?

Would there be notes in the age changes to reflect changes in this?

I believe Elite conversions are linked to gains. Gains being based on science and NW, it should be comparable to the NW differences you experience.

It can be as high as 20%. The formula is based on the gains formula - hit someone near your nw, no gbp etc. The less elites you have overall the higher the conversion. If you have no elites we double it from 10% base to 20%
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    If you have no elites attacking or just no elites in your military?

**Edit: Thanks for the response Bishop :D
    Last edited by theuser; 25-10-2012 at 20:43.

Post Demon
    No elites in military period.

I didn't know that leet conversion in the case of an all-spec army was a special case. The More You Know.

Regular
    so that first attack coming out of protection should really be for max gains :D

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    No elites in military period.

I didn't know that leet conversion in the case of an all-spec army was a special case. The More You Know.
    I believe what he's trying to show is that there's a sliding scale. If you have all specs it's double and if you have next to none it's 10%, so if you have somewhere in between it'd be 15% (half if it's linear).

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by theuser View Post
    so that first attack coming out of protection should really be for max gains :D
    I never understand why undeads want to avoid making landgrabs early on, or screw themselves long-term by coming out small. I guess people are too attached to their suicider oop strategies so they hope to war some ghetto. Really lame way to play the game.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    I never understand why undeads want to avoid making landgrabs early on, or screw themselves long-term by coming out small. I guess people are too attached to their suicider oop strategies so they hope to war some ghetto. Really lame way to play the game.
    If you grow eailer its nearly impossible to keep your t/m on a good wpa and anywhere near unbreakable. You sacrifice alot of honor when your t/m cant cast spells for your first war. give 5 times wizzard training during week 1 and more of those kds will grow.

Regular
    Not that it really matters for an undead but does this mean that Military Science increasing gains also improves elite conversion?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by theuser View Post
    Not that it really matters for an undead but does this mean that Military Science increasing gains also improves elite conversion?
    doubtful unless its changed since 2 ages ago (last time i was undead) actual gains=/= optimal gains. Optimal gains could be 12% or 20% land gained based on science but its still optimal gains gives best conversion.

Post Demon
    military science has no effect on conversions.

also, if i see undeads coming out with near-zero defense oop, i feel no guilt about razing them into the ground pre-war. serves them right for running a strategy designed to exploit ghetto players. as far as wpa, it doesn't matter that much... would gladly trade extra raw off/def and an economic base to work with over staying at 500a for a marginal wpa increase that is only going to be good against weak kingdoms, and doesn't last long term.

I did two attacks when I came oop. The first gave me 11% conversion, the second 16,5% :D

Thread Information