Thread: Q. Mod tpa/wpa, elf/halfling/faery racial bonuses

Q. Mod tpa/wpa, elf/halfling/faery racial bonuses

I have a question about them. Namely the racial bonuses that give +50% wpa and tpa and +30% wpa/tpa.
    Judging from the wording this is only offensive modifiers. "Elf Bonuses:+50% Spell Success..."
    Same wording on halfling and faery (only thinking about half of the bonuses on faery ofc).
    So the way I understand it is the mod defensive wpa on an elf is:
    magic shield * science * raw wpa
    and for halflings the mod defensive tpa would be:
    TDs * science * raw tpa
    while offensive mod tpa/wpa would include the 50% bonus

Since other mods say things like effectiveness and mod tpa mod wpa etc I'm a bit curious about this use of "success" here.

I guess a few will read this and go "what an idiot", but please, tell me if I'm finally understanding this before you mock me. Then mock me :P

Thanks.

Regular
    Which guide are you reading?
    It says +x% WPA/TPA for all of them.

Nothing about spell success or effectiveness (big improvement btw, the old wording sucked)
    Countess Tiffany the Invincible
    ◥Dat kungdum formerly known as HUNG3R◤
    Kingdom (now only about half) Full of Hungry Chinese Girls

Post Demon
    Elf, Halfer, and Faery mods work on offense and defense.

It is assumed based on the wording that the mods increase your effective wpa/tpa. presumably science works in the same manner. maybe it doesn't - the devs don't reveal much about this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany the Invincible View Post
    Which guide are you reading?
    It says +x% WPA/TPA for all of them.

Nothing about spell success or effectiveness (big improvement btw, the old wording sucked)
    -Wasn't able to post link since I only have 7 posts. Weird rule. But go to lobby, click the only thing you can click, then hit the "Race & Personality details for Age 55" link. That's where I take this from:

Elf: +50% Spell Success
    Halfling: +50% Thievery Operation Success
    Faery: +30% Spell Success, +30% Thievery Operation Success, +30% Combat Instant Spell Damage, +20% Sabotage Damage

Also, what source are you using for that? the wiki page? Cuz I'm begining to think the wiki page has small errors in it. Usually meaningless errors.

Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Elf, Halfer, and Faery mods work on offense and defense.

It is assumed based on the wording that the mods increase your effective wpa/tpa. presumably science works in the same manner. maybe it doesn't - the devs don't reveal much about this information.
    I'd like a source on that, so I can read that myself. The reason I doubt this is that I've been halfling this age, and I've had a war or two with halflings in it. Comparing the difficulty of oping another halfling with good tpa vs for example a feary or hell even a friggin orc, it's way too easy to op the halfling. I have serious doubts the halfling bonus works in defensive thievery effectiveness. Also, I've gotten riots more than twice, once without any failed ops on me beofre it it. And this with 45ish mod tpa. If halfling bonus only works on the offensive then it would be whatever that halfer had, say offensive mod tpa of 45-50 vs my defensive mod of 28. Then this makes alot more sense.
    As for wording, going by what I can find ingame then science works both defensively and offensively while halfling racial only works offensively. I'm talking simply about the science page and the thing I wrote in the previous post (Halfling: +50% Thievery Operation Success).

Thread Information