Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uto News Formatter

Post Demon

Uto News Formatter

uFormat

Note:
    + This is a temporary URL. And by temporary, I mean it'll prolly be this rest of this age. You can still bookmark it. If I change the url, I will have the above URL redirect to the new one.

What makes this formatter different than others?
    + Use it and find out. Otherwise, Nothing.

Seriously? Fine...
    + It echoes back the news so you can find errors or things not added and post them to me here. Noted at the top are some things already known to not work (relations, intra kd hits, etc).
    + It displays how long it took to send or kill a dragon.
    + It has an IRC post mode for the main summary. This allows you to easily copy/paste a pretty and colorful version of your conflict into irc.
    + It counts Uniques (Ignores all anons, and is 1 hit allowed per prov per 6 hours).
    + It has a lot of flexibility in what you want to see/paste/etc. Just click on some stuff and you'll see what I mean.
    + Offers you an in-depth breakdown of what a province has done in war or what has been done to them.
    + Is very easy to navigate and use.
    + Is all integrated so you only have to format your summary once.

Features yet to come:
    - A graph that displays acre exchanges over time.
    - The ability to save+link your summaries to people.
    - Some other stuff (like formatting your prov news).

I'll also take recommendations on plausible changes. The ability to save summaries will be put off until I move the site and can be bothered to implement it.

Questions/Comments/Reviews/etc are welcome.

Regards,

UPDATES: (since the posting of this thread)
    Fixed: Issues with Chrome.
    Fixed: Intra Kingdom Attacks.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 12-02-2013 at 11:26.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I support this.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I support this.
    *sings*
    You're my wonderrrrrrr braaaaaaaaaa

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I support this.
    Its my favorite formatted too. The irc post-able summary is awesome.

Forum Addict
    it looks very good

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    *sings*
    You're my wonderrrrrrr braaaaaaaaaa
    did you mean wonderwall?

1. The expansion needed to be huge, or the data was really wrong.
    2. I like clicking on the provs to see what they did more in depth.
    3. I like expanding the summaries.
    4. Intra razes, TMs, and fails are doing some weird things to your formatter. I guess it says coming soon, but I can send you my summary if you need to see what those attacks look like.
    5. Uniques for enemy kingdom are correct, but when you expand, not all provs are shown.
    Last edited by lastunicorn; 11-09-2012 at 19:11.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    did you mean wonderwall?

1. The expansion needed to be huge, or the data was really wrong.
    2. I like clicking on the provs to see what they did more in depth.
    3. I like expanding the summaries.
    4. Intra razes, TMs, and fails are doing some weird things to your formatter. I guess it says coming soon, but I can send you my summary if you need to see what those attacks look like.
    5. Uniques for enemy kingdom are correct, but when you expand, not all provs are shown.
    0: *whoosh* over your head. Good humour wasted :P You got the song right, yes. Except I said wonder bra in it's place. Palem said support. Get it? :)
    1: huh? You'd have to ellaborate a bit on this.
    2: Thanks. Me too.
    3: Thanks. Just seems like it's cleaner this way. You see what you want to see, and nothing more.
    4: intra anything I didn't have papers for. So yes, they will not work. If you have some of these and want to paste one of each here, I'll gladly take it. Just make sure you remove the locs. I tend to use this format: PROV-NAME (##:##) in place of the actual prov name and loc.
    5: Of the provs missing, did any of them make attacks? The only provs that should be showing are the ones that made uniques. Add the uniques up from the individual hits and verify that they add up to the total. Since it's sorted by Uniques made, any province that did not make a unique themselves does not show.

nice!
    I can has signature too?

0. I see, I guess I should have noticed the context.
    1. I mean the white paste box needed to be really wide or it would not count all of the hits.
    4. April 9 of YR4 In intra-kingdom war PROV-NAME (##:##) attempted to invade PROV-NAME (##:##), but failed.
    April 13 of YR4 In local kingdom strife PROV-NAME (##:##) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and razed 104 acres of land.
    April 14 of YR4 In local kingdom strife, PROV-NAME (##:##) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and captured 75 acres of land.
    5. We had enemy kingdom A attacking us. Four attacks on us, but one was anon.
    April 3 of YR4 ProvA (AA:AA) attacked and stole from PROV-NAME (##:##).
    April 6 of YR4 ProvB (AA:AA) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and captured 58 acres of land.
    April 7 of YR4 An unknown province from Kingdom A (AA:AA) attacked and pillaged the lands of PROV-NAME (##:##).
    April 7 of YR4 ProvC (AA:AA) attacked and pillaged the lands of PROV-NAME (##:##).

Clicking "View Sort by Uniques" shows the correct # of 3 next to that kingdom, but clicking on it incorrectly only reveals ProvA and shows correctly that ProvA has 1 unique. ProvB and ProvC show up in the news echo, but neither show up on enemy uniques.

Post Demon
    0. I see, I guess I should have noticed the context.
    1. I mean the white paste box needed to be really wide or it would not count all of the hits.
    4. April 9 of YR4 In intra-kingdom war PROV-NAME (##:##) attempted to invade PROV-NAME (##:##), but failed.
    April 13 of YR4 In local kingdom strife PROV-NAME (##:##) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and razed 104 acres of land.
    April 14 of YR4 In local kingdom strife, PROV-NAME (##:##) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and captured 75 acres of land.
    5. We had enemy kingdom A attacking us. Four attacks on us, but one was anon.
    April 3 of YR4 ProvA (AA:AA) attacked and stole from PROV-NAME (##:##).
    April 6 of YR4 ProvB (AA:AA) invaded PROV-NAME (##:##) and captured 58 acres of land.
    April 7 of YR4 An unknown province from Kingdom A (AA:AA) attacked and pillaged the lands of PROV-NAME (##:##).
    April 7 of YR4 ProvC (AA:AA) attacked and pillaged the lands of PROV-NAME (##:##).

Clicking "View Sort by Uniques" shows the correct # of 3 next to that kingdom, but clicking on it incorrectly only reveals ProvA and shows correctly that ProvA has 1 unique. ProvB and ProvC show up in the news echo, but neither show up on enemy uniques.
    1: Ah, you're a chrome user. Mentioned this in the OP.
    4: Thanks, Will add this in soon.
    5: Hrmm, I copied those hits exactly as you posted them, changed AA:AA to 99:99 and ##:## to 88:88 and it showed me all 3 provs on the unique formatter. Try using a different browser and tell me if the problem continues?

Edit:
    Try it again in chrome. I went ahead and disabled chromes word-wrap and the resize feature, dowloaded chrome, and tested this. Everything appears to be functioning as it should be. Verify?
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 12-09-2012 at 02:00.

Yep, chrome is working now, thanks! Uniques are now correctly displayed in all browsers.

Post Demon
    Yep, chrome is working now, thanks! Uniques are now correctly displayed in all browsers.
    Intra Kingdom attacks have been added now to the summary. Thanks and Enjoy.

Nicely done Ezzerland .. glad to see the chrome issue was worked out..

Post Fiend
    That formatter totally didn't work for me at all (in Chrome) and so I thought that this whole thread was a joke.
    Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat!

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Billah View Post
    That formatter totally didn't work for me at all (in Chrome) and so I thought that this whole thread was a joke.
    Reading comprehension ++
    And now? :)

Thread Information