Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new alliance?.....same old bullies....

new alliance?.....same old bullies....

can anyone give me more information on the alliance GPS?
    firstly, one of their kd's decided to hit into our hostile and continue doing so during the following war.
    we discovered they had been doing the same to the kd we were warring, so we decided to give a little payback to show that this is not and has never been acceptable in the game.
    the first thing they did was go running to their alliance and lie to them, telling them that they had done nothing wrong which of course ended with the alliance all sending attacks into us.
    we got into another war, as had the original 'war hitters'....even then, and even after others in the alliance had agreed that they deserved a little payback, they still made 5 hits into our kd (they were also still in war status) and even offered to help our 'enemy' by sending a dragon and hitting our monarch.
    now, a lot has been said about the lack of numbers in the game now and actions like this are a massive reason why some left the game and why any newcomers will not stick around.
    i would suggest a complete ban on oow attacks rather than the gains loss we currently see or maybe a +80% military deaths for hitting into a war with minimal/no losses for the defenders.
    there are far too many angry keyboard warriors in the game now that it is such a pleasure to find a 'nice' kd now.
    '...and the Meek shall inherit the earth.'
    anon 2112

Forum Fanatic
    Never heard of them.

but you will never get a OOW ban on attacks. to many people would wave and then jump into wars to avoid taking retals.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

i think one of them whined earlier about getting hit by Acres kd. they made that alliance "to help each other out from Kds feeding on them."
    LOL what a tard hypocrite GPS is. they're doing the opposite of what they stand for. =)

Regular
    They should do it more 50 % army losses for hit into or out the war

@ thunder, yeh...a good point there so much higher losses for hitting into a war sounds more likely to deter such actions.

@zenz... probably the same kingdom, we heard they had done the same all age and waited for a war to end then 'went after' the losing kingdom, have to say the main one i spoke to from the alliance seemed decent but it only takes one member to give a bad name.
    anon 2112

GPS, gangbang protection service? Sounds like something guys/girls need when they walk home alone in the dark..
    Their phillo is, Do it before being done?
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

been away for a long time.... i see some things still haven't changed, still have the same folks doing the same old tired things... seems a shame that while they want to increase player count in the game they allow these things to continue..IMO, any into war hits from other kingdoms should should be penalized 100% no gains no return of troops. Zero tolerance for it...seems to me if the can make a -75% gains its just as easy to makeit-100% gains and 100% loss of trops sent,

Forum Fanatic
    read above. already posted why none of what you posted would work.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

If this is true, sad that GPS didn't even last an age before it sunk to rock bottom.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Dumb alliances that I didn't even know about?

Either the game is growing or I'm paying less attention...

there will always be abusers of the system and those who game the the game.. to say that other should suffer who dont break the rules or the spirit of the game should be put in harms way because of them who do is foolish and backward thinking.,...If they really want to increase the user base with new players they cant allow the same things to keep happeneing ...because something "MIGHT" happen,,, i know your trying to express a valid point however if they made the game fair for everyone then there would be no gains for "easy waves"

This isnt what this alliance was about when i created it, i really hope this isnt true...when im able to come back to the game ill def be tryin to straighten it out
    Last edited by Mauler; 31-10-2012 at 23:06.

Forum Fanatic
    TUDD it isnt a what might happen but a what will happen.New players are the ones who most frequently do just what your trying to protect them from having done to them..

No need to fix something when it isnt broke. The game normally polices itself on those matters and always has.Someone hits into war a few to many times they lose a few provinces because of it.

Monsters

#MONSTERS

Post Demon
    Imma hitting GPS for ****s and giggles. What else is there to do this age?

i have said for a long while that OOW attacks should be stopped, a few ages ago there was a certain big alliance went all orc...they 'arranged' wars then used/abused the then recent addition of the OOW gains system that the gains losses would 'phase in' over the first 24 hours (or whatever) of war, having the 50% gains bonus of orc at the time meant they still got good gains before the full gains loss kicked in, protecting them from retals so yes, abuse does/will occur, but to say 'we cannot do this because someone might abuse it' is as good as saying 'we can never change a thing in the game as someone might abuse it'.
    the fact is there will always be those who prefer to cheat or look to abuse a system, they MUST be a top province and MUST be in a top kingdom, our kingdom has always had a policy of trying to 'blood' new players and we tell them we expect little more from the in the first age than to ask questions and learn, we have never tried to force specific races/builds/alarm setting etc where most of the top kingdoms appear to insist on experience and a more or less robotic approach to the kingdom, they then go on to pick on the weaker kingdoms and players. When a kingdom is 10 times your networth and players over 5 times your size can attack for ok gains then forget new players trying to settle into the game, they will see little point in continuing (yes we know the gains system is meant to protect but anyone making a retal into one of these kingdoms usually ends up getting hammered with further retals---bully boy tactics)

@Mauler... whatever the alliance was created for you cannot vet every single player in every kingdom that joins, there are far too many keyboard warriors now that cannot take a defeat and will then use friends/allies as a threat to get what they want. In my (long) time of playing i have suffered very heavy defeats and enjoyed very strong wins, either way we like to end with a 'best wishes and good luck' message as this was always the way to play, i also believe in one hit, one retal, some you will gain and some you will lose but one of GPS got a single retal from the guy he attacked and the guy got 20+ retals for 'daring' to retal.
    i will not mention names or numbers in here for obvious reasons, but the one member of the alliance i have had any real contact with has been very sound and echoes your sentiments, his only 'fault' was to listen to only one side of the tale before launching the alliance onto our kingdom, it seems one rogue kingdom has ruined the name GPS before it has had time to establish itself.
    Last edited by hoolio; 01-11-2012 at 10:55.
    anon 2112

Thread Information