Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T/M Indecision

Angry T/M Indecision

I am driving myself insane trying to decide on race/pers this age for t/m...

Elf / mystic / rogue
    Faery / mystic / rogue

I can not make up my damn mind. Please help sway my choices.

Post Fiend
    Faery are balanced
    Elves are better mages but poor thieves
    Halfings are better thieves but poor mystics

Magic: Elf > Faery > Halfling
    Thief: Halfing > Faery > Elf

Isn't it great that there is not a clear choice anymore? :)
    I love a game of rock paper scissors

As far as personality you need to ask yourself if you are going to AW and Greater Arson, if the answer is no then you go Mystic.

I do love rock paper scissors as well.

is the + damage of faery ops better?

Or is the +1 stealth/mana of halfer/elf better?

Post Fiend
    An Elf Mystic will be able to do 33% more ops and 30% more WPA than a Faery Mystic same as a Halfing Rogue to a Faery Rogue.

As far as the damage v number of ops depends on the type of spells you are going to cast. Instant spells then Faery, duration spells then Elf.
    Elf is more susceptible to NS runs to lower your defence than either Faery and Halfling due to a spec defence.

You need to chat to your kingdom on the role you will play and then you need to look at the strengths and weaknesses.
    There are allot of pros and cons for the TM next age

Thanks and good info Starscream.

if you need to cast MS then elf /mystic and faery mystic are the choices, elf can be better in late age if it isnt destroyed in first few wars and can farm honour. On the other hand faery will eat an elf for potential ops early/mid age as it can become UB much quicker.

If you don't need to cast MS then you have 3 options faery merchant sage and rogue. Halfer can't compete with faery for economy or defence or wpa as a t/m, and a faery can easily match a halfer tpa aswell as having greater benefits in other areas. The only decision is how long you will spend pumping. If you war 6-8 times an age merchant will be very strong, if you are very competent sage can still be highly effective and will give you monstrous mods to pop wpa and tpa, the fewer times you look to war in an age the more beneficial sage is compared to merch.

As for faery rogue, this is the standard t/m if there are mystics in ur kd capable of keeping ms coverage up. It has lower overall economy and wpa/tpa than merch and sage but rogue ops are very strong and TD bonus makes them very sustainable trhrough long wars.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Post Demon
    Faery and it's not even close.

Would sage or merchant faery be worth loss of stealth mana from mystic rogue? For sure my kd wil war more than 5times. Faery

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by nooblet View Post
    Faery and it's not even close.
    Even when Faery Princes have -6% population, -11% OME, -11% income, -16.5% WPA/TPA and 5 less votes than this age?
    Last edited by Starscream; 06-11-2012 at 06:12.

Post Demon
    votes nerf is the real killer I agree.

Fae is still best overal t/m, halfer an elf can still be usefull tho, final choice should depend on kd setup.

Post Fiend
    Well if you add in the nurf to WPA and TPA they are -26.5% WPA/TPA AND 5 Votes!!!!! :p

If they are, no doubt, the single best TM with all that then they really have been OP for the last few ages.
    Last edited by Starscream; 06-11-2012 at 08:16.

Post Fiend
    How many Faery Princes is there ?

Besides the titles will not have negative modifiers, they will just be less strong than what they were this age.

Faeries will be stronger early on due to the negative pop drawback being gone, but they will be somewhat weaker later in the age since they won't be getting as big bonuses from honor as they did this age. I suppose now they will have to make more of a choice between going for UB with lower TM stats or increase their TM stats on behalf of their security.

Like nooblet, I'd still pick Faery over Elf as a TM, since Faery has more potential in that role than Elf has.

Jninja - Between Merchant and Sage you should definately choose Sage. Personally I've constantly been picking Mystic rather than Sage, since for me it has been a better pick. Sage can, with some sci pumping become a stronger province than the Mystic, but due to my KD never pumping anything and rather focusing on wars, I found Mystic would save me more land (and time) from the bonuses than Sage would. And the increased wizard training gives you a head start in terms of WPA and honor bonuses.

TM race choice next age is definitely going to be a pickle.

Probably might just gamble and go elf/mystic and halfer/rogue and hope the combination would support each other next age instead of the more traditional faery/whatever employed this age.

Post Fiend
    If u just gonna play pure T/M without attacking, Faery Mystic or Faery Rouge is the best choice.

Elf Mystic is soley for A/M. If you go pure T/M using that combination, imo --> U might as well choose Human Mystic/ Rouge/ Sage to play pure T/M instead.

Elf Rouge is a viable combination for Pure T/M but is weaker overall in the long haul. (1) Your defence will not be as high as a Pure Faery T/M. (2) Your T/M bonuses are slightly weaker than Faery Mystic/ Rouge. (3) Your spellbook is limited as compared to Faery. (4) The only advantage you have over Faery Mystic is ur range of thievery ops imo.

If my kd were to see any Elf playing pure T/M pre-war, the first thing that we would do is to massacre your T/M forces dry. This is due to the fact that ur defence is paper thin as compared to Faery. Faery's highest military defence per unit is 6 while Elf is 5. Do your math on how much more Elf's Dspecs are required to reach the same level of a Faery with the exact mod TPA, WPA and DPA. How much peasants are left to run ur province econs during war?

That's my 2 cents worth.
    Crossed over to the Dark Side, is this what I have always wanted?

Post Fiend
    paper thin? 1/6th diff, but also lower nwpa... and later age full honor bonuses will mitigate that.

Thread Information