Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avian/Tactician

Quote Originally Posted by dexter444 View Post
    I look at it this way... Tactician is -15% attack times which you can get from about 12% Rax; cleric is -50% losses which you get from 21% - 22% hospitals; Warrior is +18.5 OME (including +1 general because lets face it avians aren't typically triple - quadruple tapping so the +1 general is really just +3% one 1 tap per unique) in war only which is about 14% - 15% Training Grounds

Cleric seems the most efficient to me...
    Interesting ! but should we consider the economic bonus of the Tactician ?

Post Fiend
    you're underrating warrior. it's 18.5% OME on top of the ~15% TGs that all attackers run. A non-warrior can't just add another 15% ontop of their 15% TGs to reach the same offense as the warrior due to diminishing returns

I wouldn't compare space efficiency with warrior as it's more situational. I agree that between cleric and tact, cleric would save you more space.
    Last edited by tamle; 10-11-2012 at 01:49.

Post Fiend
    Warrior is really good in a heavy waring kingdom you need to compare how much time you war to how much time you do not war to decide if it is worth it or not, not just for the Avian but any race.

The econ benefits of Tactician are good but lets compare because not everything is black and white and immediately obvious.
    Tactician = 12% Land
    Cleric - 22% Land

So Cleric can have another 10% Banks (for example) giving an economic benefit all to itself. Also there is another advantage people miss, most people will only have 10-15% Hospitals, what is the cost saving of the extra 20-30% troops that do not die? What would be the cost to re-draft and retrain? Not to mention the time it takes to draft and train them? On the other side hospitals have one other advantage over cleric and that is curing the plague. People need to sleep, having an chance to cure why you are catching Zzzzzz could be important to you.

I played an Orc Tactician last age and I loved it, at a certain point you will not be paying to build as your credits will do that, War Win creds mean you replace your offence all for free. Not loosing thieves to ops in war because you only need one is also great.

Post Demon
    Tact and Warrior can improve on their building-equivalent bonuses by building more of the appropriate building, while Clerics really can't. That's why Cleric's bonus looks a lot better strictly from land-equivalence perspective.

Post Fiend
    I agree with you for Warrior because you would be crazy to want to play warriors and not have at least 15% TG but not so much for Tactician

To get the exact same attack time I can use 12% rax. 12% hospitals will not cover the bonus Cleric gives.
    Now I "could" run less/no banks as a Tactician and put that into hospitals and get 22% hospitals instead (12% rax+ 10% banks) ....(relaying on the extra creds)

Now if you wanted a 6 hour attack time that could be a different issue, but boy would you want hospitals then
    Last edited by Starscream; 10-11-2012 at 04:38.

Post Fiend
    It really depends on what your kingdom is doing. If you are in a warring kingdom and you choose Avian tactician you should be extremely active. Not only that but need both banks and hospitals to sustain your elite losses. The extra credits you get should always be put towards def specs(where else right?). While the high hospitals/banks combo helps with maintaining the elites. With this build I would suggest against wasting any of your land in building barracks. High % you need for it to be worth it is not worth it at all due to the fact most attackers run roughly 80% BE.

Now on the other Hand if you were to make safe hits, getting your army back as fast as possible to turtle(granted not really a turtling race) with your elites home. And not attacking 3 times a day then it might be worth the odd build ot get the maximum out of a speedy attack. So you attack, while your forces are out up your draft rate cast pat, use specs credits on defense and train more elites. For this build I would suggest against tactician and go war hero for the fast training, for it complements the fast attack times.

But I am rambling....so I will say what everyone knows....

As long as the province, no matter what combo, is under an active player who wants to have fun will do well.

Thread Information