Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitalism Fails

Forum Fanatic
    In some supermarkets here in the UK they throw Rat poison over it to stop the homeless eating it... disgraceful. Although one tramp once sued a shop as he ate a sanwich out of the bin and he got food poisoning as it was out of date. He won... The whole of society/the human race is a disgrace tbh.

If anyone has a few minute, this video is very good to watch. They have civilisation down to a tea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKS4_mM3bo

This really is the survival of the fittest at work

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    http://www.minds.com/blog/view/50666...ined-by-police

Making hungry people watch while food gets destroyed..............

America, F*ck yeah!

One sided story. The food was probably out of date or close to it and the bank were **** scared they'd get sued if anyone got food poisoning

America, imma sue.

Quote Originally Posted by American Badass View Post
    In some supermarkets here in the UK they throw Rat poison over it to stop the homeless eating it... disgraceful. Although one tramp once sued a shop as he ate a sanwich out of the bin and he got food poisoning as it was out of date. He won... The whole of society/the human race is a disgrace tbh.

If anyone has a few minute, this video is very good to watch. They have civilisation down to a tea!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubKS4_mM3bo

This really is the survival of the fittest at work
    Do they really throw rat poison over it? Because you have laws that dictate that poison must be laid in a safe and secure manner.
    Last edited by Bishop; 09-04-2013 at 09:08.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    One sided story. The food was probably out of date or close to it and the bank were **** scared they'd get sued if anyone got food poisoning

America, imma sue.

Do they really throw rat poison over it? Because you have laws that dictate that poison must be laid in a safe and secure manner.
    Twas some type of poison. It might have just been coloured powder.

http://welearntoday.com/skipping-the...food-shopping/

"The trend of skipping has spread and has become more popular, hence many supermarket owners and their staff know about it. Some of them are clement when they catch skippers red-handed. They let them off the hook without getting the police involved. Even so, there have been cases of staff manipulating the products that are thrown away. There was, for example, one case in the vicinity of Stockholm where the staff of one supermarket poisoned the food in the skips by pouring cleaning detergents over it. They did not want skippers to scavenge food for free but, graciously, they put up a warning sign for the skippers that there was poisoned food."

I am sure I have read somewhere else that it happened in the UK too with Rat poisoning or something of same effect...

They'd be in jail if it was rat poison, i assume the guys in Sweden were also prosecuted. I agree that there is enormous waste when it comes to food items though, the amount of stuff people throw out because it passes a "best before" date is ridiculous.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Forum Fanatic
    Yeah just googling that I saw scientists running tests on food that were still fine nutritionally 7 days pass the use by date. Over in the UK now they are thinking of scrapping the "Sell by date" and just having use by date.

They should introduce, if it has mould, scrap it :P Or have a use by date and every day after half the price until 7 days old, then scrap it and run a warning message "Super market not liable for any damages this product may cause your health"

The super market I work in they scrap bread every day as obviously it'll be stale next day. I really do not understand why they do not just give it away to the customers or even staff to consume on that night.

Fear of lawsuits usually. Many supermarkets/bakeries will have an agreement (all legal) with homeless shelters/soup kitchens to give them unsold food.

Sell By and Best Before should be scrapped from all food labelling.

Forum Fanatic
    We put our food into re usable energy bins that get taken away... not sure how that works tbh. Would be much better going to homeless shelters. Its a shame we live in a world now whereby people will sue people over every and anything.

A Burglar once broke into my Grandads house and when the police came to investigate it told my grandad he shouldn't have had his floorboard up (in process of decorating) as if the thief fell over it and broke his ankle my grandad could have got sued... my gdad was like "not sure if serious"

Veteran

Yes, its crazy how dumb people can be.

“And because hunters brought the deer to the slaughterhouse, there is no way to verify how the deer were killed, prepared or stored.”"

I'm fully with the department on this one.

Who on earh makes a complaint about deer meat being served in a homeless shelter thou. Its kinda sad thou, was nothing wrong with the meat it self as stated in the article.

Better than then the resultant lawsuit they'd get for serving unlicensed meat for whatever trumped up case someone brings. You have to be super careful when it comes to food.

I guess I forgot USA is a utterly retarded country in that aspect. That you can sue anyone and their moms. Here in Sweden the Lasagne that contained horse meat was donted to the homeless people and people applauded that. (Not exactly the same situation I know but I am very sure that nobody would raise any word if someone donated meat for 8k dollars either)

I agree that its stupid, but I agree with what the department did. Apart from the issue of potential lawsuits i assume that hunting is not unlimited (please correct me if i am wrong here) - here you have to prove you were legally allowed to catch/fish/hunt whatever product you are supplying.

Veteran
    You would have to prove that it was legally killed to process it. What is insane is that people sue their way into starvation.!!!!
    Last edited by Crazyguy; 12-04-2013 at 04:36. Reason: yep i'm nutz

Post Fiend
    expiration date is a great way to make continuous business at a fixed interval.. have you noticed that a less profitable market or groceries which are usually small, would have their own expiration date stickers on the products...? they practically extend the actual date because they know the consumables will stay good for longer period than manufacturers' original exp date..

Thread Information