Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Uto Simulator

Post Demon

Uto Simulator

uSim: Utopia Simulator

Today, I thought I'd go ahead and release this tool to the public. I was going to redesign it into a better layout and update it for full age performance, but I just have not had the time or passion to do such lately. However, it is updated for your start of age fulfillment and is now available for public use, free of charge.

Layout and Design
    This design is a hybrid design. It is partially compiled of your familiar uto layout and partially the old mehul get up. It might take you a second to remember how to navigate it.

Minor Known Bugs:
    • SPELLS MUST BE ACCOUNTED FOR MANUALLY! If you just click "cast" it will automatically fail. If you think it will succeed, click the success button and choose a result (type in). Remember, ToG is 40-80% of your income. If you want to play it smart, make your casts always 40% of your income and fail a few tries.
    • The rounding on books is off, so sometimes you end up with 1 book that you cannot learn.
    • Stances are not actually integrated yet.
    • I don't remember if I fixed variable draft rate or not (Meaning the real curve that troops are drafted).
    • I don't remember if I fixed raze cost, but it might be wrong.
    • I don't remember if I fixed it or not, but you may have to type in an accurate amount for troop training
    • Your council page displays what you would make on your next tick, not what was displayed last tick. This is not a bug, but ppl in the past have tried to report it as one.
    • The top red resources bar more often than not does not update when you use resources until the next page refresh. This is simply a order of processing error, and I was planning on fixing it during my revamp, but I never revamped it.
    • You CANNOT save your history. Also, the ability to import or load a saved history are all currently disabled.
    • Some normal functions are not accounted for, such as attacking and thief ops.
    • Population growth in protection is a little slower than in actual game. This I might fix....

I'm sure someone will find more. I cannot promise that I will take the time to fix them, but you have a public simulator now, that works and is useable.

Extra goodies:
    If you use a decent browser, the 'History' page of your sim is HTML copy/pasteable to uto's in-game forums. In plain english, that means if you copy/paste it from that page into your forums in your kd channel, it will give you a beautiful looking forum post with no effort on your part.

I can be found (sometimes) on IRC. I'm not playing atm, and am very busy as of late. So don't be too expecting of me.

Enjoy.

EDIT:
    The explore formula is the one that was used last age. But obviously does not account for this ages changes to it.

EDIT II:
    For the sake of self advertisement of my tools, since this thread is clearly more popular and I may as well not let the other tools go to waste:
    Read about my News Formatter
    Read about my Ambush Calculator
    CLEAR Overview of Races
    CLEAR Overview of Personalities
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 12-02-2013 at 11:26.

Thumbs up

Wow, thanks for that! Although admittedly it does seem a little clunky and rough, it's great to play around with to get the 72 hours of protection primed :)

Ezzerland ftw, hope your ambush calc keeps running as well makes life so easy <3

Is the link working for anyone else? I can't get the news formatter link to open either.

Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    Is the link working for anyone else? I can't get the news formatter link to open either.
    link is working fine i just checked again ^^

btw nicely done Ezzerland ;)

Regular
    Link is broken for me.

Veteran
    _-_
    Last edited by calle; 14-11-2012 at 14:38.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post

its down for others to, to many people hammering the server to test this from the looks of it :(

Post Demon
    Reminds me of GuanYuCwk's spreadsheet. Not sure what it says about me that I liked the spreadsheet better. Any hope of getting that updated? (Is it now "abandon-ware", or do you need permission for that?) I've strung my copy of it along till now whenever I've wanted to sim stuff, but this new explore formula breaks it's best use, and I don't know it yet. (Where did you find it?)

The ability to have all your decisions persist, and go back and change something (without changing things that happened afterwards), is what the excel does that is really cool. How you can make that happen in a web format is beyond me right now. (On the flip side - the interface is *much* more accessible and intuitive! Makes it much easy for most people to use.)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'm confused...
    Utopia Simulator was created by Toadi and Ezzerland.
    Is Toadi playing again?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I'm confused...

Is Toadi playing again?
    To the best of my knowledge, no. Toadi hasn't been around for quite some time. This simulator was created by him and I about 6 months before I shut down Alliance Rankings and left Utopia. While I'm sure many players do not recall, this simulator was actually available for public use on the Alliance Rankings website. I still had the code for this particular tool in my e-mail from when it was created, so I updated it into a working form for this age. I have not restored all of its features, and have only made minor GUI changes, but the tool still works for a simulated protection period quite well. Now, I give credit where it is due. Toadi's more than earned his name in this work.

To those that have trouble accessing the site:
    The site is on a free host right now, the host is pretty stable but still has it's limitations. Just keep trying, and you're bound to get through. I wont be switching hosts any time soon.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    :(

Could someone go kidnap Toadi and make him play again?

It works now, thanks Ezzerland. Will it ever be able to go back in time, or only forwards?

Ethan: I would appreciate an updated spreadsheet because I am lazy. If you get it running let us know.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by amokchen View Post
    Ezzerland ftw, hope your ambush calc keeps running as well makes life so easy <3
    I imagine I could also load that up onto this site and update it. Very few changes this age so would only take half a second. MAYBE if you bug me enough I'll release that too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bijo View Post

Thanks. And to answer your question from my site: It was being considered, but at this point I just cannot spare the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
    Reminds me of GuanYuCwk's spreadsheet. Not sure what it says about me that I liked the spreadsheet better. Any hope of getting that updated? (Is it now "abandon-ware", or do you need permission for that?) I've strung my copy of it along till now whenever I've wanted to sim stuff, but this new explore formula breaks it's best use, and I don't know it yet. (Where did you find it?)

The ability to have all your decisions persist, and go back and change something (without changing things that happened afterwards), is what the excel does that is really cool. How you can make that happen in a web format is beyond me right now. (On the flip side - the interface is *much* more accessible and intuitive! Makes it much easy for most people to use.)
    The only spreadsheet I used other than my own was Dirty-'s. So I couldn't say. I did consider a 'back' or 'undo' button, but that was intended for the revamp that I never did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    :(

Could someone go kidnap Toadi and make him play again?
    Could... but rather let him continue his life :P
    Quote Originally Posted by lastunicorn View Post
    It works now, thanks Ezzerland. Will it ever be able to go back in time, or only forwards?

Ethan: I would appreciate an updated spreadsheet because I am lazy. If you get it running let us know.
    As mentioned in my response to Ethan, I had considered it, but in the meantime, no.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 14-11-2012 at 19:12.

Ezzerland i added your Simulator to the Utopia WIKI Tools Series

btw guys i edit all the Tools Series with updated working tools so its worth checking

make sure to check them it will help you a lot ;)

have fun ^^
    Last edited by Bijo; 14-11-2012 at 19:21.

Thread Information