Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Wage Rate

Military Wage Rate

Quick question. i'm aware that if i was raise my military wage rate it increases military effectiveness, but i'm wondering what happens if i lower it (besides effecting military effectiveness). Like, it's not going to effect the amount of soldiers i draft or cause my people to riot or something right?

Wait, does the military wage rate not effect draft costs?

Post Fiend
    Your draft % effects draft cost.

Wages effect military efficiency, higher wages higher efficiency and vice versa.

I have been told it takes 48h to go from min to max efficiency. So if you have been running 50% for a 2 days, it would take 48h to go from there to max efficiency, so I have been told, haven't really tested it out. Might have been 24h, perhaps someone will confirm.

Veteran
    It takes 59 hours from 93.6% ME ( 50% wages ) to 107.5% (200% wages)

what i do is after a war, i change my wage rate from 200% to 50% to start earning more gc. (is this the right way of doing?)
    My question is how do you increase the wage rate/military effectiveness again?
    One of my kdmates says that you increase 10% of your rate every 2 ticks until you get to 200% to get the military effectiveness but he is not sure about it.
    Any advise?

Regular
    50% in cf and 100% in war and peace is my method. There's so much that money could go to it really doesn't seem worth it to me. I imagine that high wage cost strategy would go great with an undead that ran heavy armouries, training grounds and stables in war.

Quote Originally Posted by dhaffy View Post
    what i do is after a war, i change my wage rate from 200% to 50% to start earning more gc. (is this the right way of doing?)
    My question is how do you increase the wage rate/military effectiveness again?
    One of my kdmates says that you increase 10% of your rate every 2 ticks until you get to 200% to get the military effectiveness but he is not sure about it.
    Any advise?
    Changing the wage rate would effect the ME over time. The effect is not instant. Just keep it at 200% and it would eventually get your ME back up to 107.6%

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    50% in cf and 100% in war and peace is my method. There's so much that money could go to it really doesn't seem worth it to me. I imagine that high wage cost strategy would go great with an undead that ran heavy armouries, training grounds and stables in war.
    Extra offense and defense without additional networth is definitely worth it, its ridiculously cheap tbh.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Yes, but you end up with a stagnant income. I'd rather use a more flexible approach that isn't going to be countered with riots and greed. I just don't really see a point in upping the wages unless you are maxed out with tg and stables, as you are probably going to have to run some banks or armouries to pay for that cost. In the long term you can maintain military loses, send aid, learn science, or help fund the dragon with that extra cost. It's all preference of course.

Veteran
    Yes, but you end up with a stagnant income. I'd rather use a more flexible approach that isn't going to be countered with riots and greed. I just don't really see a point in upping the wages unless you are maxed out with tg and stables, as you are probably going to have to run some banks or armouries to pay for that cost. In the long term you can maintain military loses, send aid, learn science, or help fund the dragon with that extra cost. It's all preference of course.
    i am at 800 acres with 200% wages and 65% draft with 91% BE (not including wpa/tpa) so keep this in mind, im running between 40-50 opa/dpa (35-40 dpa when elites are out) I run 200% wages and my military cost is only 10k a tick i make 27-30k total income a tick we are in war and i am not running sci costs, but if you consider that with draft rate at normal (draft costs are between 2-4k a tick depending on how low/high my military draft is) the extra 7% offense/defense makes a difference when you're running around 30-40k thats an extra 2-3k offense this can make the difference between hitting a target 1-2-3-4 times even! Problems funding dragons? find a noob in enemy kingdom and rob him blind! XD not to mention the defense bonus is really nice if you're not running forts and prefer more hospitals because if you add that 7% with the 3% bonus that minor protection gives you, you can have 113% defense ME without having to run any forts at all
    so why run 200% wages?
    this is why

You can just drop your PR if you cant afford it. Theres really no reason to not run 200% most of the time.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Nice, but you are either a dwarf or running this:

20% homes
    10% banks
    and 10% income science.

Like I said, I use the money for other things. I run a higher draft and a low dpa, and my per day savings for 100% wages equals about 10% of what I run for def specs. Yes, and I steal from the noobs and give to the dragon.

Also I don't run banks or that many buffer homes and I find the extra space used for more training grounds is better than what I'd gain from the wage bonus. Like I said, to each his own. Not every prov is split into a 50/50 ratio.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 05-12-2012 at 20:10.

187% wage is the most effective use in war. 126% is the best pre war. 52% is the best post war protection. :-P.

You gotta negotiate with those soldiers...don't just jump right to 200%...there is always wiggle room in a negotiation.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishHangover View Post
    187% wage is the most effective use in war. 126% is the best pre war. 52% is the best post war protection. :-P.

You gotta negotiate with those soldiers...don't just jump right to 200%...there is always wiggle room in a negotiation.
    hahahahah nice one!! XD

Veteran
    Nice, but you are either a dwarf or running this:

20% homes
    10% banks
    and 10% income science.

Like I said, I use the money for other things. I run a higher draft and a low dpa, and my per day savings for 100% wages equals about 10% of what I run for def specs. Yes, and I steal from the noobs and give to the dragon.

Also I don't run banks or that many buffer homes and I find the extra space used for more training grounds is better than what I'd gain from the wage bonus. Like I said, to each his own. Not every prov is split into a 50/50 ratio.
    Either way, everyone has their own way of running their builds, and as an attacker id much rather prefer to run a 70-80 raw opa wihta 30dpa ratio, its a rule of thumb, but its really really hard to do that with the MILITARY NERFS (lololol) it might be possible ot get those numbers with undeads or orcs, maybe even avian/dwarf but any other? not uh, not happening... xD
    no ones way is wrong, no ones way is right, in the end what matters is how you run yoru province. And you asked for our opinions to debate.
    So my question and curiosity is did you post this to collect information for future references or just to argue opinions?

either way, if you run higher TG how high you run em? 30% 40%? or higher?? xD you also run warrior personality for the bonues OME in war? what kind of strategy do you run to supplement for the lack of 200% wage? you already prove you run forts so you gotta run atleast 5-10% min, revealed you run TG, Rax? thats a given if you're undead no use for farms, and you do you run homes or no? 90% of utopian players run no homes as they say its the MOST useless building out there, if thats true why dont they just remove it from the game? :o -- sorry went off on a tanget..
    Anyways, I posted how I manage my military doesn't mean its the WRONG way to do it, and neither is yours. I just added at the end
    "and that is why you should run 200% wages" :-)

::EDIT:: also let me add i am not a dwarf nor am i running 20% homes, i am running like 3% homes, and like 15-20% banks i dont know right now, but i keep it higher anyways (science) reasearch

Thread Information