Thread: fighting much larger kds

fighting much larger kds

Okay guys i have 4 thief mages and a bunch of would be attackers. I jist got king and i woke up and we are in war. My kd is around 3.3 mill and they are 4.9. Im not giving alot of info here but id like some advice on.what to do. We have about 13 attackers and we arent the most organized..yet. do i just bottom feed and work my way up? The diff is so vast we cant even send dragons.

Regular
    nobody wins in that war :D

they cant autowin coz age ends in few days, so my advice is u just do whatever till eoa and have fun.. dont WD no matter nw/land difference :D

Here is what I would do; Surrender as soon as you can. From what you said, they are bigger all around, and I get the feeling that they are likely more organized.

If that is not an option, I would try to organize the kingdom. The following is the strat I would use.

Be warned, I have never organized a kingdom myself, so take the advice of those with more experience first:

I would first have your attackers target the top 4 attackers, and raze them. After this, have your T/Ms target them (one each), don't forget explosions to stop aid. Have them try to starve those provinces. Have the attackers then target the next 4 biggest attackers with razes again, after which, get your T/M's to start starving them. Once your attackers get back, have them target the first 4 provinces you razed/starved, and take land from them, keeping the T/M's attempts to starve the second 4 provinces. Then attack the second 4 provinces for land, and switch the T/M's to starving the first 4 provinces. Then repeat while alternating targets until they are decimated.

I would suggest against razing in war unless you know what situations call for it. Raze does not destroy target acres in war and only destroys buildings. Not only that, but having your attackers raze means your attackers have no incoming land, which means any attacks against them results in easy overpopping and troop desertion.

If you don't know what to do, just do what everyone else does:
    1) chain their top attacker if possible with trad marches
    2) op those you can't chain to cripple their pes base/economy

Forum Fanatic
    First thing you need to do is teach your people not to give away the button to much larger kds.Was it someone there that has been there or some defecter or new people no ones talked to such as a plant ?

2nd thing is get your people talking to each other some way.not just the forums. chat of some type. people tend to help other people they are friends with alot faster than people they dont know. Working together has its perks.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Needs to get out more
    There are no miracles to be worked. In my current situation my kingdom sent 2 dragons pre-hostile by accident or troll. The single war forum thread entry says " you guys are bad ". And we are, but so are they.
    There is little to salvage, but to spark teamwork. I've tried to little avail; however, I did log on to see we had cast explosions on our initial targets. The blanket has faded and the caster inactive, but this is the crawl to excellence.

Since we hardly act in concert in my kingdom I have gone with a tactic of deep oping my primary march target. I'm elf so I spent mana loading up economy suppression on my target, then followed with immediate effect ops prior to march. My hope is that my near nw team would capitalize, but my blanket has faded and the enemy recovers. But this is a spark. The hope is that players will see the enemy ready to crumble and will observe some level of cooperation and make it happen. I'd do it myself if I could, but this is designed into the game. This is a team game and all you can do is lead your horse to water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

There is also rumors of.multis and my old king betraying us. He may have a province with them. I do not want to believe this as we have been through a few wars together.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by meecat View Post
    I would suggest against razing in war unless you know what situations call for it. Raze does not destroy target acres in war and only destroys buildings. Not only that, but having your attackers raze means your attackers have no incoming land, which means any attacks against them results in easy overpopping and troop desertion.

We just played around with razes in our last war once it was clear we were losing. They are a really strong attack in war this age and can help pull high nw provs down into range of your hitters. You can have a bottom attacker raze a top attacker for a substantial amount lowering their NW and also putting them in a hole with unbuilt acres which can be a burden on a KD to rebuild.

Across about 4-5 provinces we saw that about 2 razes would put ~40% land on barren acres. Not a bad way for small provinces to hit up or large provinces to hit down.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post
    We just played around with razes in our last war once it was clear we were losing. They are a really strong attack in war this age and can help pull high nw provs down into range of your hitters. You can have a bottom attacker raze a top attacker for a substantial amount lowering their NW and also putting them in a hole with unbuilt acres which can be a burden on a KD to rebuild.

Across about 4-5 provinces we saw that about 2 razes would put ~40% land on barren acres. Not a bad way for small provinces to hit up or large provinces to hit down.
    Or you can use tornadoes... or (great) arson...

Quote Originally Posted by meecat View Post

I agree, and if anything, this situation calls for it if the kingdom doesn't want to flee. What it does do in this situation is drop nw so the smaller provences can gain more acres. It also reduces income, food production, peasants over time, and any other building bonuses. Having no incomming land is also not much of a problem in the short run, as the losses would reduce as they get smaller, and overpop can be dealt with by sending away soldiers.

There are also problems with your strategy, just as mine is not perfect as well.
    1) if the top attacker is chained, sure, that 1 prov may be disabled for a short while,but he will just send some troops to other attackers and act as a meat shield as long as possible. They will end up puny, but the other provs will gain more overall because of the extra support.
    2) I hope you mean attackers you cant chain, because smaller, weaker t/m's doing ops against larger, stronger ones is not a good idea. But either way, at most, without the aid of attackers, they would do is weaken them a little instead of potentially disabling their best unless they take drastic measures, which will hurt them more, faster.
    Last edited by diwafiven; 30-06-2014 at 02:02. Reason: i posted between dinner and dessert, and had to post quickly

Needs to get out more
    I'm in the habit of casting Explosions on chains or land banks to keep aid at a lower eb. ;-) tippy StratO tip

If you can cast Explosions on their aid centers, that's a good thing. Preferably those without Reflect Magic.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 30-06-2014 at 21:18.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cry0 View Post

hmmmm id like to try this..

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo To View Post
    Or you can use tornadoes... or (great) arson...
    Yup, the only problem with tornadoes is runes and passing up fireballs for a more difficult and expensive spell. Same goes for GA - you are having rogues do that instead of prop runs.

At the start of the war you are going to have bottom of the chain attackers who have offense to hit and chained provinces that require far less offense than they can dish out. It is just an option to consider, not an end all be all.

There are trade offs for everything, if there was a definite answer of what to do in every situation this game would be a lot less interesting.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

Thread Information