Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Wage Rate

Quote Originally Posted by Blockhead View Post
    Nice, but you are either a dwarf or running this:

20% homes
    10% banks
    and 10% income science.

Like I said, I use the money for other things. I run a higher draft and a low dpa, and my per day savings for 100% wages equals about 10% of what I run for def specs. Yes, and I steal from the noobs and give to the dragon.

Also I don't run banks or that many buffer homes and I find the extra space used for more training grounds is better than what I'd gain from the wage bonus. Like I said, to each his own. Not every prov is split into a 50/50 ratio.
    Whyever would you need to be a dwarf or run homes, its a trivial amount of gc. The ME boost is not a small amount, you'd be silly to not run 200% wages. Fair enough, you can run what you want but you are running a subpar province by not running 200% wages.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post

!)So my question and curiosity is did you post this to collect information for future references or just to argue opinions?

2)either way, if you run higher TG how high you run em? 30% 40%? or higher?? xD

3)you also run warrior personality for the bonues OME in war?

4)what kind of strategy do you run to supplement for the lack of 200% wage?

5)you already prove you run forts so you gotta run atleast 5-10% min, revealed you run TG, Rax?

6)thats a given if you're undead no use for farms, and you do you run homes or no? 90% of utopian players run no homes as they say its the MOST useless building out there, if thats true why dont they just remove it from the game? :o -- sorry went off on a tanget..

Anyways, I posted how I manage my military doesn't mean its the WRONG way to do it, and neither is yours. I just added at the end
    "and that is why you should run 200% wages" :-)

::EDIT:: also let me add i am not a dwarf nor am i running 20% homes, i am running like 3% homes, and like 15-20% banks i dont know right now, but i keep it higher anyways (science) reasearch
    1)I wanted a reaction I suppose, and to throw in my oppinion.

2)TG is capped at 25% land last I checked. I run a variable 20-25% tg in war.

3)I'm running plain wh this age with some my kingdom.

4)Like I said I use that money for other things. I also don't have to use banks with a normal military wage, and I presume I'm offsetting my decline on the wage bonus with other useful perks. ie. freed up land, more income, and a slightly better resistance to greed and riots due to no tweaking required...

5)I'm playing an attacker so forts are not needed. Some like them, but I'd rather play offensive. I do run barracks and I'm running an avian 8 hour attacker.

6)Sometimes I use the homes as an early war buffer to grow in war, and to have a little sustain on casualties of my military. 10% will give me about 3% extra population when fully pumped.

Regular
    I ran what he said through a spreadsheet and that is what I figured he would be running. I disagree as 7 ome and 7 dme doesn't break a prov. Especially when it comes down to what is balanced in return. Attrition, land usage to maintain is not being factored into your opinion. Why would I even want 7% me when I could I add 15% more defense per day from the money saved? Hypothetically of course, like I said I could use it on other things, but the extra cost is around 3% military in specs.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 05-12-2012 at 21:39.

Veteran
    I ran what he said through a spreadsheet and that is what I figured he would be running. I disagree as 7 ome and 7 dme doesn't break a prov. Especially when it comes down to what is balanced in return. Attrition, land usage to maintain is not being factored into your opinion.
    Lolz (attrition? ill look it up in a few minutes to figure out what it means) the bonus for me the smallest little bit... it can mean the difference, and usag of the land to maintain my prov? why does my management of my province have to be added into my opinion? (so technical and serious) its a game bro, I play from my experiences and what i've learned from playing different races/personalities I don't do all that much math, getting to much into the forumlas takes away the fun of the game to me. Sure I run numbers, but they are raw, (basically pre-alg, type of calculations) I run them in my head, and running and avian that has -30% attack times, 8 hr return times is that OOW or in war?

because in war (right now with no barracks im running 8.92 return times) I am also avian.

Balanced in return?

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemia View Post
    Lolz (attrition? ill look it up in a few minutes to figure out what it means) the bonus for me the smallest little bit... it can mean the difference, and usag of the land to maintain my prov? why does my management of my province have to be added into my opinion? (so technical and serious) its a game bro, I play from my experiences and what i've learned from playing different races/personalities I don't do all that much math, getting to much into the forumlas takes away the fun of the game to me. Sure I run numbers, but they are raw, (basically pre-alg, type of calculations) I run them in my head, and running and avian that has -30% attack times, 8 hr return times is that OOW or in war?

because in war (right now with no barracks im running 8.92 return times) I am also avian.

Balanced in return?
    Attrition in general is the loss of troops caused by unseen events. In game terms this is ops.

I'm not quite sure what your point is with the attack times. 16 hour attack times .7 times .75 is not less than 8 hours. Hence the barracks are needed for 3 attacks a day.

When I said "Balanced in return' I was stating that there are things you must give up when paying for an extra 7% me. You can't just afford 200% wages with out alchemy, armouries or banks. In the best case scenario you are pumped in alchemy science, or better yet you have infinite aid coming in.

Veteran
    Attrition in general is the loss of troops caused by unseen events. In game terms this is ops.

I'm not quite sure what your point is with the attack times. 16 hour attack times .7 times .75 is not less than 8 hours. Hence the barracks are needed for 3 attacks a day.

When I said "Balanced in return' I was stating that there are things you must give up when paying for an extra 7% me. You can't just afford 200% wages with out alchemy, armouries or banks. In the best case scenario you are pumped in alchemy science, or better yet you have infinite aid coming in.
    +30% in sci effects pays off ALOT

I ran what he said through a spreadsheet and that is what I figured he would be running. I disagree as 7 ome and 7 dme doesn't break a prov.
    Ruby is -8% me, must not be worth sending so?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Regular
    A ruby dragon won't cause you to lose the war will it? Two can play that game Bishop...

So funny.....wages at low sizes and a decent DR are quite low don't see a reason why not running 200% pay rate....that extra off is so nice when it makes a difference from a single tap to a double

A ruby dragon won't cause you to lose the war will it? Two can play that game Bishop...
    You cant really play this game though, you dont really have a strong argument.

Regular
    There is always mercs!

There is always tons of gc regardless, there is not nw free offense and defense.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You cant really play this game though, you dont really have a strong argument.
    Why do I need an argument? I already stated it's a preference.. You are just being bullheaded, and catering to the herd.

Neah he's just pointing out the right way to play

Why do I need an argument? I already stated it's a preference.. You are just being bullheaded, and catering to the herd.
    I'm putting forward what i believe to be the best strategy, you prolly shouldn't partake in discussion boards if you can't handle someone disagreeing with you.

Thread Information