Thread: Possibly NOOB question....

Possibly NOOB question....

Old player returning, and I have never really known how to calculate success rate of wpa vs wpa.

For example, take two dwarfs in war, one casting fireball on the other with 3 wpa total, the other with 2 wpa total. What % will spell succeed? Is there a formula that we have discovered?

A few VERY important notes:

If you post RTFG, I have RTFG, and have either missed it or not understood it.
    I KNOW HOW TO CALCULATE WPA. So dont post Ohh you have to add science and race bonuses and all that junk....i do understand how to calculate wpa.

Just tell me how to find out success rates of different TOTAL wpas with different spells.

Oh, and if this question is clearly in the guide, please tell me where and actually explain it before calling me a n00b. After that, please feel free to call me one.

Thanks,

Sheftu

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheftu Returns View Post
    Just tell me how to find out success rates of different TOTAL wpas with different spells.
    You cant, no one has that formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheftu Returns View Post
    Old player returning, and I have never really known how to calculate success rate of wpa vs wpa.
    your a returning player so go to an old guide to remember relative difficulty of spells. (not sure if its in the new wiki but age 40 was)
    http://guides.thedragonportal.eu/40/magic.htm
    and the harder the spell the high relative mod wpa u need between caster and target.
    For example 100% success on fireball 100 mod wpa v .1 mod wpa ;)

If you are bored and have spare mana, run some empirical tests with a KD mate, getting a large enough data set might take a while but I'd love to know the result.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

The general rule is 4 to 5 times the enemy wpa for respectable results.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Thread Information