Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragons vs WH based KDs

Post Fiend

Dragons vs WH based KDs

What Dragon type is best to send against a KD whose attackers are mostly WH's ?
    The idea is of course to hurt their non-wh TM's and hybrids (if there is any).

Last war my kd went up against a kd like this we decided to keep saphire dragons on them for the duration of the hostile/war.
    Would any other combination work better ? Say gold for hostile and saphire in war etc?

i would not send a dragon during hostile but have a dragon poised , ready to fly when war is declared. i would go gold dragon from what you said. how many non WH and Hybrids are there?

Veteran
    There are 10 ways to use shinies inside wars. Sending a drake is one of them. Look beyond that if you war a totally WH based kd, sometimes one of the other ways to use money is more efficient.

Beyond that, no one can supply generic advice and say 1 dragon is best if you do decide to send one. Develop your overall war strategy, where you want to be in hour 24, 48, 72 and chose drake sort or nondrake accordingly. For instance if your vision is all enemy T/M's at 200 acres by hour 72, then check their def - maybe you need a ruby to accomplish this? If your vision is all enemy T/M's at .2 wpa and unable to hurt you, a sapphire is probably the correct choice.
    Silldiest

Enthusiast
    It's a waste to send a dragon against a War Hero kingdom since that personality is immune. You are better off using that money and soldiers to aid your attackers so they can survive longer in the war and give you a better chance of winning. A dragon to stop 3 provinces isn't worth the cost in my eyes.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Regular
    You should send a sapphire during war if they have lots of wh.

You will accomplish one of two things:
    1) They ignore it and they have reduced t/m's.
    2) or they decide to get rid of it, which is about the best thing that could happen considering they have a lot of war heroes. After that send another one, this time you have more options on which one to use.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 14-12-2012 at 14:52.

Post Demon
    elurin won the thread.

Post Fiend
    At our level, 20-22 prov KD's, several of the KD's in our range have opted with the WH approach. Meaning usually 14-15-16 out of 20 players are WH's.

So, on several occasions we have brushed with these KD's and I suppose we will continue to do so in the future.

For us there usually is no problem getting the first few dragons airborne, so on several occasions were hostilities have not led to immediate declaration we have chosen to launch dragons early (In general, not specifically against WH's) as way of limiting the opponents income and resources from an early stage.
    Also as we have many UD's, we cannot really hold on to cash very well, because it will get stolen or FG'd. And while we can stash some cash on our Faeries, they can only hold so much before they become attractive plunder targets or an opposing Faery might sneak in a FG or two, so usually we choose to put it into Dragons as then we will see some benefit from it, rather than have it stolen and used against us or just lost.

However, with WH's new bonus this age, we've had some discussions concerning which dragons to go with, so I figured I'd ask around here as well, to get other people's input.
    Our aim with dragons is to limit and hurt the enemy TM's as much as possible. (My KD is mostly UD's with TM backup)
    Last time we went with Sapphire in hostile with a 2nd Sapphire for the war.
    However the debate was wether or not a Gold dragon might be more beneficial to launch in hostile followed by Sapphires in war ? (Or any other combination?)
    (During wars we often take enemy attackers head on first and deal with TM's if we have to after min time is up)

Elurin gave great advice. It's not really a waste to send one since they probably won't slay it, especially if you stockpile some gcs before war. A dragon on 5 provs for max duration still hurts.

Post Demon
    ruby would be my preferred pick, unless i had elf and halfer hybrids and a core with reasonable t/m defense. even then, sapphire doesn't guarantee failure on ops, and it's even possible to op tough target through it. ruby is good for opening faeries to attack, so that the business of going after their attackers can occur sooner. sapphire would be better if the t/ms are to be left alone or handled with ops.

emerald and gold of course don't do much against non-attackers and against a minority of enemy provinces, respectively.

Post Fiend
    If your close to breaking there t/ms then ruby otherwise go gold and try to limit there ability to send repeat dragons back to you. fireball halfers and fireball/kidnap attackers.

We have run into this a couple times and being a kd with most attackers UD War Heros in our 3 wars this age I find Gold is great to spam at thier TMs.

Gold hurts to keep on your enemy. Eats away at them and saps thier resources.

And regardless if most of thier KD is immune they either sit on it which is good or kill them as you send them which is also good, lowering thier defenses.

Because of our success this age will be spamming gold dragons on war hero kds from here on out.

I know Wh are immune to dragon effects but when we take throne of a WH. Does it show that a dragon is ravaging their Prov? There was some confusion in my kingdom whether or not our fluffy was alive or not.

Post Fiend
    Zaqer - No. Dragons does not appear on SoT of WH's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    Zaqer - No. Dragons does not appear on SoT of WH's.
    Thx

Post Fiend
    yeah we nealy sent our dragon early as well cos one guy did a sot on a WH and then jumped on chat and said "quick guys they killed it". Lucky for us we had 2 mill left to fund it so by the time we got close someone else did a SoT on a non WH guy and we debated and figured out what happened ;)

Thread Information