Thread: 'free' abandoned provinces

Post Fiend

'free' abandoned provinces

I was under the impression a leader could abandon his province and leave it to the kingdom.

That this could happen even if the kingdom had no moves left.

'Players will be able to abandon and leave their province to the kingdom even if that kingdom has no invitations left.'

When we received one of these abandoned provinces, it required an invite to get a player into it.

I have been paying for our recruits invites. This person was recruited, did not work out, and was asked to leave. He was nice enough to leave us his province.

Was I supposed to be able to give that province away for free? or it required an invite?

Post Demon
    Previously, if you had 0 nivites, a player that left your kingdom was forced to defect or destroy the province. there was no option to abandon.

You still have to pay to invite someone there, but at least now the province is not gone completely, and you have the chance to fill it.

This addition was not offering you free trades/moves/invites. only allowing you some time to fill a players shoes if you did not have an invite prior.

Post Fiend
    they should allow province spaces that have been paid for by the KD to be owned by the KD. The person leaves, you get a 'free' (already paid for) move.

Post Demon
    What is the benefit to the game in doing this? It would SIGNIFICANTLY decrease their already low revenue. Not to mention the indefinite abuse. Who needs sitting when I can just infinitely swap out players. Going away for a week, cool, abandon and I'll replace you and then they will abandon when you get back.

nty.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 22-12-2012 at 06:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
    they should allow province spaces that have been paid for by the KD to be owned by the KD. The person leaves, you get a 'free' (already paid for) move.
    This will never happen, ever. Kingdoms do not own slots, players do.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    What is the benefit to the game in doing this?

You mean players would actually be allowed to attend vacations, holidays, hospital stays, deaths in the family, kids recitals, without worrying about a game? Some of them might not even quit utopia then, or get killed off for going idle. this is a good thing right?

It would SIGNIFICANTLY decrease their already low revenue.
    Perhaps Utopia is looking for revenue in the wrong places. I'm sitting here wondering why I am not drinking from a Utopia Coffee Cup, why I am not able to give out "I <3 Utopia" T-shirts as Christmas Gifts, why in the last 10+ years every decent data compiler, simulator, utool has been third party? Why there are no lotteries for unique items. Why your advertising system is not interactive and you have not re-instated optional 12/24 hour bonuses based on activity with the aforementioned banners?

If a University, club, or some other organization, decided they wanted to have their own team they'd have to pay for all the slots? Has a representative even attempted to contact gaming clubs and recruit players? Increasing the server to 70k players again would not breath life back into your add revenue?

Not to mention the indefinite abuse.
    Who needs sitting? you are right. And one of the most frustrating and destructive things to this game is losing activity in your kingdom because people have real life issues they need to deal with. So admin will capitalize on this? Watch as people defect, go idle, leave the game, get killed off, because kingdoms can't war with too many people idle or on VM.

And as far as indefinite abuses, It does not appear admin is worried about multi-farm accounts at all. They boost the player count which helps advertising revenue? How long is a player allowed to go through the age with 0 thieves? or 5dpa before someone deletes his account(s)?

cool, abandon and I'll replace you and then they will abandon when you get back.
    That would guarantee kingdom activity and allow people to have normal lives.

You could have a permanent swap, and a timed swap (where the player was returning, like sitting). Rules/mechanics could be created to prevent abuses.
    Last edited by Sticky; 22-12-2012 at 18:34.

Post Fiend
    What about branching out into web hosting? Since you already have server space. Anyone here who would want a You@Utopia.com email account? Utopia.com Server space for their kingdom's webpage? A decent pre-packaged website template for kingdoms including a password encrypted forums, links to irc, auto-updating data storage/tracking/sharing similar to angel+pimp or upoopu, and other game utilities? Like simulators and calculators?

Forum Fanatic
    kingdoms with half active people are everywhere.most have 5-10 players and most players quit because of just that,The game isnt fun for most when no ones active.Letting people freely bounce in and out of kingdoms is so abuseable it isnt even funny.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    You could make it take 2, 3+ days to "bounce in" and another 2-3+ days to bounce out.

Postaholic
    While I am highly supportive of the game developing new revenue streams, please do not in any way make this game pay-to-win. The cloned game does that and though it may be profitable (who wouldn't pay thousands to give themselves a better chance to crush ghettos?) it makes the whole thing terrible.

Regular
    i feel the game has who it has and gains a few who lose interest, because of inactives and people
    do not know how to play a game with a terrible guide
    i remember guides being more direct with forums
    and actually being updated when changes were final or before
    make it more of a social game and weed out multis and encourage inactive

Regular
    what would be nice... ability for a monarch to say after 5 days of inactivity to auto abandon the leader that way KDs dont have to spend money to invite and build up a province just play for the invite.. just an idea bishop! :)

Post Fiend
    we are struggling with a player who has gone inactive since christmas now ourselves. Its a terrible morale killer.

we took a christmas break, now this.

Thread Information