Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Fake war

Quote Originally Posted by fwordz View Post
    Why would any of that be ok...? Is Mutual gain and War two words you usualy assossiate with eachother?
    why not?

If I, as part of withdraw, negotiate through diplomacy terms for my withdraw that are more favorable, why should I not reap the rewards of doing so?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    being morally bankrupt, I am confused about what is so wrong using war to purge inactives and for mutual benefit.I also do not see what is wrong with:

1) after normal war, KD A decides it has lost and negotiates with B to coordinate hits so that A can be in shape for war sooner (coordination of land-drops)
    2) engaging in war to adjust acres distributions in each others KDs (trimming)
    3) engaging in war for one KD to gain land and the other to gain honor (trading)

If kingdoms see a mutual gain through war, why is that wrong?
    1) Re-pumping while under protection from outside kingdoms while no longer doing damage to each other.
    2) Controlling acre exchanges to benefit both kingdoms while under protection from outside kingdoms and not doing any damage to each other.
    3) Farming agreement.

I'm amazed you have to ask why these are not allowed....
    S E C R E T S

I like to post
    1. I never was supporter on remove FWr from game because its don't improve it, just make opposite.
    2. Rules need to be follow till they are changed, so Bishop is correct to punish them, only there is see 2 major problems.
    2.A. Forbid FW is not part from official game rules posted in guide. There is no way for newbies kds to know its not legal more and its was common practice in past 2 small kds to go war for kill inactive. PLS fix guide asap and add it for avoid mistakes in future.
    2.B. Punish need to be commensurable with "crime". Suspend all kd for 3 days is way so harsh for sure. People play games because they want to play, and they break rules for get advantage. A lot more effective and less destructive is simple remove 10% land from all provinces in both kds.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

removing 10% land seems like a bonus to a war kd... maybe 10% land and 25% honour

whats the story on this. is there one yet?
    Last edited by crease; 29-12-2012 at 15:02.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Post Fiend
    lol

i know i dont know any of the facts but the punishment does seem a little harsh, to the point that it could discourage some of the player base and harm the game, and god knows we need all the players we can get!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Massey View Post
    i know i dont know any of the facts
    This much is true, the rest i would disagree with. Who is discouraged more, the 2 kingdoms that cheated or the 352 kingdoms that did not and are at a disadvantage compared to those that can freely farm in war? While we might need players i would prefer if the player we had stuck to the rules and didnt cheat.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    1) Re-pumping while under protection from outside kingdoms while no longer doing damage to each other.
    2) Controlling acre exchanges to benefit both kingdoms while under protection from outside kingdoms and not doing any damage to each other.
    3) Farming agreement.

I'm amazed you have to ask why these are not allowed....
    1) not so, strictly speaking there is damage being done, acres are being lost.
    2) not so, they are losing and trading acres
    3) was there just to illustrate along the continuum as there likely is some place where the thing gets abusive, however I honestly see no problem at all with #1 if you can use diplomacy to arrange with your adversary to take advantage of that. Interfering with diplomacy is a problem with the rules as currently implemented (imho, and no, I don't give a load of horse poo if people are afraid that abs would use this to their advantage.....most of the server does not care. Most of the server wants a way to speed up recovery times post war and if the devs would loosen up to allow faster wizard recovery in EoW CF, no one would need to do acre drops or otherwise manage acres so aggressively.)

Purposely moving acres to desired provinces is not damage, to claim otherwise is just ridiculous. Everything you said is illegal for very obvious reasons. You keep saying "speed up recovery" which is the exact reason is isn't allowed. Sitting in protection from other kingdoms while preparing for a future war, to ask why that's bad is really absurd.
    S E C R E T S

Post Fiend
    why not?

If I, as part of withdraw, negotiate through diplomacy terms for my withdraw that are more favorable, why should I not reap the rewards of doing so?
    Cause there are so many ways to abuse that in a game enviroment.

Why you would need it I also dont get considering how incredably easy it is to get into shape to wave for war straight out of eowcf atm even if you explore up +200% in the eowcf...

Why do you feel you should not have to hold on to the acres you ended up with inside the war?
    so silly!

Ummm even as a mystic, with 4.5 tpa raw and 20% TDs, it is ridiculously easy to have a halfling AW you to under 1 wpa. To get war ready requires that you have sufficient wpa to be able to have an impact on the enemy. If I am stuck with massive acres and low wpa, I have three choices: 1) sit around NOT really playing the game while I wait for wizards to regen; 2) taking a land-drop from within KD that now have oh so logical penalties associated with it like massively inflated honor loss (because that will help my mod wpa situation); or 3) arranging outside hits to trim up acres so that I can be in sufficient shape to war.

Under the current scenario, it is fake war to do it in war with someone you just lost to and admit you lost to such that they can gain some more acres as a reward and you can get into shape sooner. However, if you happen to have been playing this game longer and have the connections, you can arrange a land drop with ease, and even arrange for it to be done anon so there is no risk of honor loss.

Therefore, the current system continues to needlessly punish newer players, curtail their limited ability to use diplomacy to arrange affairs and continues to therefore disproportionately allow more seasoned kingdoms with relationships to circumvent the problems that the newer KDs already have.

In short, THERE IS ALREADY abuse.

Because the Devs refuse to adjust mechanics to make this no longer a problem, it will continue to be a problem in which some KDs are able to circumvent it easily and others can't.

I merely propose allowing all to circumvent it easily.

If that means that some of the "top KD's" abuse it, then so be it. I really could not care less. All of those hyper competative KDs will abuse it equally and remain on equal footing with each other.

The fact that elite KDs will abuse a mechanic is the dumbest justification for any system of rules that there is. These people LIVE to abuse mechanics. Its all the do, is think up ways to abuse mechanics. They will ALWAYS abuse mechanics. The question is, should others have to suffer because of that?

My answer is no, its dumb.

Let KDs arrange affairs as they see fit to do through diplomacy. Period.

Post Fiend
    Ummm even as a mystic, with 4.5 tpa raw and 20% TDs, it is ridiculously easy to have a halfling AW you to under 1 wpa. To get war ready requires that you have sufficient wpa to be able to have an impact on the enemy.
    Wonder how we managed to prettymuch be ready for war straight oow for the last 2 years if it's so hard...
    so silly!

I do too. Please share your elite strategies with me, because I find it difficult to regenerate wizards at sufficient rate after being AWd down to almost no wpa to get back into fighting shape even running 50-60% guilds.

Post Fiend
    Because the Devs refuse to adjust mechanics to make this no longer a problem, it will continue to be a problem in which some KDs are able to circumvent it easily and others can't.
    What? If fakewars were made leagal everyone would have to run them, the only people not able to would be new players. Witch in turn would make the gap muchmuch bigger...
    so silly!

Post Fiend
    Well at times 50% definitly isn't enough =) highest I'v ever seen I think was 80% =)
    so silly!

Thread Information