Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Province Killing in War

Province Killing in War

Hihi, i was looking for info regarding province killing during war, issit still possible? This might have been asked before, but the results i google showed year 2009, i was wondering issit still viable now. . . If yes, how do we go about doing it, anyone knows?

Veteran
    They would have to be mentally challenged to get PKed. So no, realistically you can't do it without outside help.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

You can. It's in the book of secrets. Such information would crush any forum dweller that tried to read it.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Forum Fanatic
    why waste the time. province would have to be basically non active or not have a clue how to play to let it happen in war.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

It is and no they don't have to be mentally challenged, they just have to be asleep. But if you have to ask it's highly unlikely your KD is capable.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A prov dies when it's on 0 acres or 0 pezzies.

Asleep? They just have to look away from the computer for 5 minutes.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

We're currently fighting a much larger Kingdom, is about 100 hours since war started, and the situation does not look good. . . they started off bigger and during the war they got much bigger leaving us more than 1 mil nw apart now; they kept asking us to surrender, but yet they're not leading the war on acres. . .

Yes, a prolonged war is not in our favor since the nw gap is opening wider and wider daily, and we were ready to surrender even with us leading the war, only that their King is juz way too cocky despite his Kingdom boasting a record or 2 wins 6 losses and fighting a smaller Kingdom, he sounds like he is surely skinning us alive with taunts and threats of what will happen if we do not surrender. . . that's the main reason why we hang on though we know the outcome, but their King's attitude spurred us not to surrender and try to drag them on for as long as we could, while we're now trying to see if there's anything we can do to turn the table, or at least make them pay for their utter arrogance.

For the period of March 5 of YR8 to July 5 of YR8 (97 hours)
    -- By UPCF [0.99c] http://www.k3ltic.com/utopia/prince

** Summary **
    Total Attacks Made: 147 (28050 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 112 (24750 acres)
    -- Conquest: 15 (2086 acres)
    -- Ambush: 10 (1214 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 10 (6.8% failure)
    Total Attacks Suffered: 177 (27165 acres)
    -- Traditional March: 140 (23233 acres)
    -- Ambush: 30 (3932 acres)
    -- Failed Attacks: 7 (4% failure)

The Kingdom of (x:xx)
    Total acres exchanged: +885 acres (147/177) ==> we're actually leading

Post Fiend
    As a general rule if they are pulling away in nw and you have no way of controlling their economy whilst securing your own you will eventually start losing the acres
    Without looking at your kds its hard to judge but is looking like you should probs just quit while you are ahead

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Asleep? They just have to look away from the computer for 5 minutes.
    This ^. Its not rocket science, but its in the book of secrets. Simple stuff, but still unknown to many.

I'll answer the original question.

Pking a prov requires getting the prov to either 0 acres or 0 peasants, I assume the 0 acres was intuitive and is out of the question,

getting a prov to 0 peasants is not a simple task, mostly because there is currently no method to kill a non variable quantity, i.e. Every peasant killing mechanic is based on population % in some way.

Fireballs can kill up to 7% of peasants, storms and MS kill something like 1.5% a tick, but there is no floor do the damage that can be dealt. When a prov is very low on peasants, these spells won't kill any peasants.
    Kidnapping can steal up to 2.5% of pez, but once again, no floor on damage, massacre works similarly so it's simply impossible to kill a prov using only spells, ops and massacre.

There are two remaining mechanics, the first is starvation.
    I'm not 100% sure on the nature of starvation, the wiki says the population will die off at a rate capped out at 5%, if this means that 5% of the total pop in peasants die per tick, this can be used to kill a prov (Lets say a province had 100k army, was fireballed down to 5k peasants, and was starving, 5k pez would die that tick, they could hit 0 and die. On the other hand, if army can die from starvation, and only 5% of pez die per turn, it's also impossible to kill with starvation. Also it should be noted that even if the mechanic works like the first instance, it's very difficult to pull off because first off, most provs run enough farms to not suffer more than 1-2% death, and even if those farms are nadoed or arsoned, barren land produces food.
    + wizies
    The most commonly used method of PK is overpop. Every tick that your current pop exceed max pop, 7% of your army home + peasants + theives and wiz worth of peasants leave. If a prov keeps his army out, and releases some any time he comes online, he would either need to be waved down to something like half his size without losing a significant part of his army, or be offline for like 20 hours consecutively.

Just to give you an idea of the rate of diminishing returns, fireballing someone with 50k pez will kill up to 3.5k pez, but if someone has 100 pez, it takes something like 30 fireballs to get them down to 9 peasants, so releasing 93 soldiers will buy you 30 ticks worth of mana.

tl;dr Unless your KD is capable of waving really hard, fireballing to back it up, and know the activity schedule of the person you are trying to PK, it's pretty much not possible.

EDIT: If anyone knows of another way to kill pez or how starvation mechanics work, could you either post here or pm me, I'm very curious.
    Last edited by zuzununu; 18-01-2013 at 06:42.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    they kept asking us to surrender, but yet they're not leading the war on acres. . .
    They are still beating you, given time they'd crush you so you lost. Its one of the reasons why the war win bonus was introduced so a kd that wins cant end up behind in acres.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    but their King's attitude spurred us not to surrender and try to drag them on for as long as we could
    I've done that ONCE in genesis, it was an early age war and our t/m's were whoring honor insansly well. The longer the war went the better for me as a halfer. I personally ended the war up 4k honor, and one guy grew from 2k to 9k acres because they wouldnt surrender. So dont think draging out a war is payback to them, they have plenty to gain dragging the win out. As for pking as punishment, u cant do it unless u completely give up any chance at the war, its requires either very good activity or alot of resources from the kd.

the thing I often see when we do it is its easiest to PK those who release unevenly. If one of them releases basically all of their defense to save their elites and are sending all out each hour....well lookout, that is prime PK territory because it is easy to maintain overpop in that situation.

as to brain dead, well not really. It works at just about every level. We have pkd provinces against very good kds and very nub ones. its more about what the player releases and when they sleep.

Forum Addict
    I'm not sure why maintaining overpop would help you PK a province. As long as he logs in every tick, or someone is watching his prov [NW], you can't kill him.
    As far as I know, to die of no peasants, you have to TICK with no peasants.
    Last edited by csarmi; 18-01-2013 at 13:20. Reason: clarification

What is the alternative to maintaining overpop?

Thread Information