Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: HoH vs Divinity?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    In all seriousness, I don't see how warring an abs kd would be "stabbing them in the back". You aren't allied. This is something both sides have defended very adamantly. So from there it's just one friendly kd warring another friendly kd. If you aren't playing dirty, and not abusing any mechanics there's really no reason for anyone (including people in abs) to be upset with you making a move to try and win the age.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamas View Post
    Well, if you guys manage to get a deal that benefit your kd then I can't say much about it. I'm refering to if you guys decide to just "drag things out until you guys have to be razed" since it clearly does not benefit you guys either and will not be an option for kds that aim for the top. I see nothing wrong with choosing wars in the form of eating a wave and then getting a Nap either. But if it's "touch us and we will both go to hell and since we are not crowning we got less to lose" it's just not beneficial to any of the kds involved.
    Well Diamas they noticed us and initial hostilities knocked us out of declare range. Them being sat on literally hundreds of millions and us not meant there was no way we could get back into declare range so i think, i could be wrong here, we struck some sort of deal where they get land and we get some sci.
    We literally couldnt war them if we wanted as we were knocked straight out of nw range
    We never had any intention of a "touch us and we will both go to hell" scenario just war wasnt an option

Edit: This isn't aimed at you Diamas but a general comment to some in here to jump on the "divinity suck" bandwagon but those saying we are backing down doesnt make sense. They gave us 48 hours notice, pumped to on the brink of being oor then funnily enough they go out of declare range within the first few hours of hostile. So rather then flame us tell us what you would do?
    Last edited by Leeroy; 25-01-2013 at 17:50.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeroy View Post
    we struck some sort of deal where they get land and we get some sci.
    We literally couldnt war them if we wanted as we were knocked straight out of nw range
    We never had any intention of a "touch us and we will both go to hell" scenario just war wasnt an option
    The longer the fight went the more science we'd of gotten not a bad deal. An agreement just lets both kds move on, without completely screwing both kds over. Not gonna activly help them by maxing a meter to fight something u cant win. The touch us and we both go to hell concept is an exaggeration, its try to force unwinnable fight and we wont just turn over and die. Then asking how long to u plan to keep it up, are you gonna screw us both over or do u wanna eventually leave.
    Last edited by Persain; 25-01-2013 at 17:58.

Enthusiast
    I would agree wasting time razing each other after acres were depleted would be pointless for both sides. It's the best thing availible besides a war. You guys didn't bend over for a free wave and not fight back, so I have nothing bad to say about the whole ordeal minus ofc no war. Every age is different , who knows maybe next age our paths will cross again.

It's good to see different non-absalom kd's at the top rather then the same old ones we've been seeing in past ages. I hope you guys continue to get better the more competition at the top the better :D

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i can say one thing for sure, now that cats lost we have the longest in game win streak and we wont be losing that ;)
    Are you sure about that? :)

Forum Fanatic
    I just want to point one thing one and its not particularly directed at anyone but using warwin records as a way to track wins/losses is a flawed approach. The reason for this is you can still lose to someone outside of war. If a kingdom waves you and is more prepared than you and you know that pushing button will result in a loss, you can simply go the diplomatic route and offer them a free wave/land in exchange for CF. That still however is a loss because the kingdom who waved was stronger than you and outplayed you + took your land. Sure it's not a loss in war but it is still a loss to that kingdom because they imposed their will on you and took your acres.

As an analogy, if you are a boxing champion and are in control of what fights you pick when others challenge you for the title, and only pick fights you can win..thats not the same thing as accepting every fight and winning it.

There might be a perfect war record when you select the wars but that's not the same as being undefeated because when kingdoms wave you OOW and you can't fight them that still counts as a loss to you.

War basically happens when its on even terms, close to even, or there is a decent chance of winning. If you have a very small or no chance you might just not war as its less time consuming to give up acres. However, that still doesn't change the fact the kingdom you gave acres to played better and were able to take land from you.

Atleast this matters for kingdoms that play for land. When we wave someone from better positioning, that better positioning is due to better execution of strategy, its not because of luck or chance. So still means they got one over you due to better play.

Veteran
    I do not agree. Getting waved and giving free wave is like losing a battle, which does not equal losing a war :). What if u give free wave and later wave the same kd, get a war and win? Does it mean you are even? I don't think so.
    A Mother's advice - #forfun

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pyre View Post
    Are you sure about that? :)
    no, that post was a jab that we werent gonna push the button and at cats for loseing. i cant haz taunt a kd i like no? TBH i didnt even look at ww's the kd had till about our 4th age, no reason to dwell on past acomplishments :P

Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    I just want to point one thing one and its not particularly directed at anyone but using warwin records as a way to track wins/losses is a flawed approach.
    is his argument.
    HoH WAY out pumped us congrats, not as unsuspected given their prep time, but disappointed in them that they didnt wait or and lest feign weakness and make a planed mistake to get a real war but going so is life

Post Fiend
    I just want to point one thing one and its not particularly directed at anyone but using warwin records as a way to track wins/losses is a flawed approach. The reason for this is you can still lose to someone outside of war. If a kingdom waves you and is more prepared than you and you know that pushing button will result in a loss, you can simply go the diplomatic route and offer them a free wave/land in exchange for CF. That still however is a loss because the kingdom who waved was stronger than you and outplayed you + took your land. Sure it's not a loss in war but it is still a loss to that kingdom because they imposed their will on you and took your acres.

As an analogy, if you are a boxing champion and are in control of what fights you pick when others challenge you for the title, and only pick fights you can win..thats not the same thing as accepting every fight and winning it.

There might be a perfect war record when you select the wars but that's not the same as being undefeated because when kingdoms wave you OOW and you can't fight them that still counts as a loss to you.

War basically happens when its on even terms, close to even, or there is a decent chance of winning. If you have a very small or no chance you might just not war as its less time consuming to give up acres. However, that still doesn't change the fact the kingdom you gave acres to played better and were able to take land from you.

Atleast this matters for kingdoms that play for land. When we wave someone from better positioning, that better positioning is due to better execution of strategy, its not because of luck or chance. So still means they got one over you due to better play.
    True but to go back to your analogy a heavyweight wouldnt be put up against a lightweight. Id like to say here im not trying to state or defend anything before people jump on me lol.
    But an example if someone 50% your size had an unbeaten war record for several ages and they had a few juicy provs in nw range for you and you decided to wave them for the acres. You get some free acres they send a cf. Do you class that as a ww and them as losing?

Strategy Moderator
    Leeroy nub it sounds like your calling us a lightweight....your sooo geeing kicked from irc when i get home. ;)

Seriously though what u said is half true. If u get waved and have to give up acres the kd that hit u "beat" you. Its why the game historically dictates that land/nw are the most valuable commodity in the game, if everyone treated it as a loss every time they got hit or had to give up acres then only the best kds can hold onto acres and by definition the best kd is the largest.

All the shifts to the importance of war just means that wars track your ability to judge strength better than your opponent as well as execute your strategy...ie instead of simply saying me big i win and using strategies to that end u have more play back and forth with your enemy about whose stronger and how much stronger before a 1v1 is able to commence

I like to post
    Give free wave and WW is complete different Dear Proteus.
    Some time give free wave is best way to keep grow faster from loss time to war "stupid" kd. Loss war is result from 1vs1 fight when both kds decide they have his chances before its start.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Leeroy nub it sounds like your calling us a lightweight....your sooo geeing kicked from irc when i get home. ;)

Seriously though what u said is half true. If u get waved and have to give up acres the kd that hit u "beat" you. Its why the game historically dictates that land/nw are the most valuable commodity in the game, if everyone treated it as a loss every time they got hit or had to give up acres then only the best kds can hold onto acres and by definition the best kd is the largest.

All the shifts to the importance of war just means that wars track your ability to judge strength better than your opponent as well as execute your strategy...ie instead of simply saying me big i win and using strategies to that end u have more play back and forth with your enemy about whose stronger and how much stronger before a 1v1 is able to commence
    Haha no pers i wasn't referring to us specifically i'd say we were more of a middleweight in this scenario or lets go with cruiser to make us feel better :D
    But you get my point and you have booted me so many times from our channel one more time won't hurt :p

Forum Fanatic
    There are cases when age after age one kingdom always takes acres from another and that kingdom is never in position to war because they would lose even more acres. You can pretty easily say that one kingdom is better than another.

Persian the thing is this age it was your goal to get into range to war the top kingdoms. Hence your arena of the competition was T5 warring. You were in the T5 but could not really go toe to toe with any of these kingdoms. Instead of warring you chose to give acres for CFs or retal war. To put it bluntly you were outplayed by these kingdoms because their positioning was better, there is no way to argue around that. HOH, Sanc, and Rage each had a different strategy. To simplify things Rage and Sanc both played very aggressive and accumulated as much land as possible while HoH was much more passive in taking acres and pumped massive science. However, Divinity was unable to actually fight any of these kingdoms on even terms. This resulted from your overall age strategy rather than "bad luck." But it seems as if you are discounting this and taking a mulligan here.

No you didn't lose to any of these kingdoms in war but thats actually because you could not war any of them due to their superior positioning. None of these kingdoms had anything extraordinary going for them that allowed them to get positioning, they just played well.

While its not a WW, when someone takes land from you against your will it still counts as them having one over you.

Yea there are times when you eat a wave from someone and go on to win the age or come back and own that kingdom in war. Perfect case and point is charting kingdoms at times eat waves from kingdoms whoi wave them in previous ages so that their growth would not be impeded. With the new mechanics giving 5k acre bonus and free sci/credits that is no longer an issue as getting an early age WW is quite strong.

Persian you are a good guy and I have nothing against you but man it was quite clear what your goals were these age, simply put the 3 kds I mentioned did outplay you.

Evander was a pumped up Welter

Post Fiend
    There are cases when age after age one kingdom always takes acres from another and that kingdom is never in position to war because they would lose even more acres. You can pretty easily say that one kingdom is better than another.

Persian the thing is this age it was your goal to get into range to war the top kingdoms. Hence your arena of the competition was T5 warring. You were in the T5 but could not really go toe to toe with any of these kingdoms. Instead of warring you chose to give acres for CFs or retal war. To put it bluntly you were outplayed by these kingdoms because their positioning was better, there is no way to argue around that. HOH, Sanc, and Rage each had a different strategy. To simplify things Rage and Sanc both played very aggressive and accumulated as much land as possible while HoH was much more passive in taking acres and pumped massive science. However, Divinity was unable to actually fight any of these kingdoms on even terms. This resulted from your overall age strategy rather than "bad luck." But it seems as if you are discounting this and taking a mulligan here.

No you didn't lose to any of these kingdoms in war but thats actually because you could not war any of them due to their superior positioning. None of these kingdoms had anything extraordinary going for them that allowed them to get positioning, they just played well.

While its not a WW, when someone takes land from you against your will it still counts as them having one over you.

Yea there are times when you eat a wave from someone and go on to win the age or come back and own that kingdom in war. Perfect case and point is charting kingdoms at times eat waves from kingdoms whoi wave them in previous ages so that their growth would not be impeded. With the new mechanics giving 5k acre bonus and free sci/credits that is no longer an issue as getting an early age WW is quite strong.

Persian you are a good guy and I have nothing against you but man it was quite clear what your goals were these age, simply put the 3 kds I mentioned did outplay you.
    It probably didnt help us that we had to war pew pew twice :p
    Anyways proteus we are nub in terms of being at the top dont think we did too bad considering its our first crack hopefully if we do it again we can give you a run for your money and im not trying to make excuses we were always struggling to keep up
    And you can't deny there is an element of luck. If it was pure skill the same kd would win every age
    And Lestat Evander is minus 1 ear...all i need to say lol
    Last edited by Leeroy; 26-01-2013 at 01:10.

Thread Information