Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia target finder

Utopia target finder

I was just wondering what happened with the utopia target finder. Was it that he was 'scanning' kingdoms too often and that was putting a big burden on the server?

This target finder was/is a really great tool that I'd be very sad to lose. So yea, I just wanted to say that this tool was an asset for utopia and losing is a loss for Utopia.

I hope this can be solved.

Lackers

IT can be solved when some issues in the game are solved ...
    Like some random deletes that apear to be strange for one.

Target finder is an asset and there has allways been a target finder of sorts, there was one in temple when Mehul ran Utopia, there have been a couple of others along the years, but it seems some people do not like target finders and some other tools in the game.

what's next ? kill pimp ? or pissing the owner of Pimp so much that he kills the site ?

Whats next, follow the rules you signed up to?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Soooo your not going to be sending him an apology email for deleting his account? :P

"Sorry I enforced the games rules which you agreed to and then ignored"?

Unlikely.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    these n00bs running the scanner prov got caught and cry like *****es, lol zz scanners got deleted all the time. get new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Actinis View Post
    Iwhat's next ? kill pimp ? or pissing the owner of Pimp so much that he kills the site ?
    Third party tools that follow the rules are always welcome.
    Last edited by DHaran; 26-01-2013 at 16:53.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Actinis View Post
    what's next ? kill pimp ? or pissing the owner of Pimp so much that he kills the site ?
    1. This would be an improvement for pimp. Pimp is an awful, awful, unreliable tool. You're actually better off just posting everything in your forums rather than using pimp.
    2. From SpoiledTechie
    Hey All,

I just thought I would touch base you everyone. I am interested in open sourcing pimp onto Github. If I get lets say 5 people interested in both looking at the code and updating it from time to time, I will do it.

Pimp is written in C#/ASP.NET/MVC 2.0/LINQ
    It's pretty much done with anyway lol

Postaholic
    that blows, was a good tool to see who was slacking in my kd, and was fun following wars.

Altering the game is a big no-no. He should have watched what he was doing and this whole mess could have been avoided. But... show off and... you pay the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    I would really miss having the target finder site as it is such a useful resource for my KD. My fear is that only super KDs will now be able to quickly and easily find targets in the game if this site is no longer publically available. Super KDs have their own target finder tools and losing a public one hurts everybody except the super KDs.

Whatever rule is keeping target finders from being supported should be dropped. If the mods care about fair play they'll see this to be a simple fact.

To the creator of the target finder: If you're pissed about your account being deleted then the best way to have "revenge" is to keep the site running.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie1010 View Post
    I would really miss having the target finder site as it is such a useful resource for my KD. My fear is that only super KDs will now be able to quickly and easily find targets in the game if this site is no longer publically available. Super KDs have their own target finder tools and losing a public one hurts everybody except the super KDs.
    only takes about 1-2 min to open every kd in 400 separate firefox tabs, anyone who can write an excel macro that loops through every open firefox tab and pulls out the info. thats perfectly legal since no code is interacting with utopia and only needs to be done every 6 hours to find good target. Its what i used to do for my kd when the targetfinder was down.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    only takes about 1-2 min to open every kd in 400 separate firefox tabs, anyone who can write an excel macro that loops through every open firefox tab and pulls out the info. thats perfectly legal since no code is interacting with utopia and only needs to be done every 6 hours to find good target. Its what i used to do for my kd when the targetfinder was down.
    1-2 minutes? and 400 tabs? I want what your smokin :p
    uTools for Firefox | uTools for Chrome
    [Angels - Mercy - Evolution - Rage ]

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    1-2 minutes? and 400 tabs? I want what your smokin :p
    1 tab per kd~400kds, i have every kd as a bookmark in firefox. couple of clicks, good internet all legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    "Sorry I enforced the games rules which you agreed to and then ignored"?

Unlikely.
    I do have a question here.
    What game rules have been ignored ? Because unless he was infringing on these:

Internet Proxies and Anonymizers

You are expected to access the site from the IP addresses assigned to you normally by your Internet Service Provider.

If you access the site via a proxy server, anonymizing network or any anonymizing software, you will be considered to be in violation of the Code of Conduct.

If you have no choice but to use proxy servers made compulsory by your Internet Service Provider, country or corporation, you must provide details and supporting evidence to the operators of the game before continuing to use the game. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of the operators of the game, and may be revoked at any time without notice.
    There should not be a reason at all ... but well in my Kd we had 3 brothers coming in that got deleted for no aparent reason (And yes they where 3 diferent people not sharing accounts, and one of them did not even share the same connection)

Game Play

Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia.
    There is this one ... but i find that gathering info that is available to ALL the comunity is not an breaking this rule, since you are not inproving YOUR performance in Utopia, you are providing a service the comunity as a whole.

If this is the rule infringement that caused the deletion, then you need to delete evryone that used MSN, ICQ, IRC, etc to improove one's preformance in wars, also delete everyone that opens 400 tabs and leeches the intel into an Excel to do the same as the Target Fider does, delete everyone that uses ANgel, Utools or similar programs, since all those are designed to improove one's performance in the game. Also delete anyone that uses PIMP to monitor ops and spells and to share intel to everyone in the KD.

I believe in rules and they should be followed, but some rules are there just to justify any deletion. Well it is stated in the rules:

Account Suspension/Deletion

Your account may be suspended, modified or deleted at any time for any reason, with or without notice to you. In the event of suspension, modification or deletion of your account, you will not be entitled to a refund of any prior amounts that have been paid by you to purchase credits for your account. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions/deletions are the result of violations of the Code of Conduct.
    I like 3 things here:

1- (...) deleted for any reason (...) - i translate that into: I delete whoever i want for whatever reason i want.

2- (...) most account suspensions/deletions are the result of violations of the Code of Conduct. Does this mean that some deletions are not the result of violations? Then what are they result of ?

3- Putting the sanction before the rules is at the least distastefull and tells a lot about the people running the game, but thank god the game is more about the KD's and having fun in the KD's and we can ignore most of the distastefull stuff, and people.

So a clarification to that statement would be nice.

P.S: I hope that with this i have not breached the Code in any way, written or not. and i do appologize for the long post, and less than perfect English

Thread Information