Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia target finder

Why is everyone thinking he was deleted due to his target finder? Bishop correct me if I'm wrong, he was deleted because he was messing with the in game coding.
    Which is a big no-no. So everyone who thinks it was because of a stupid website. It wasn't. It was because this guy was showing off, saying look what I can do
    in game.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    It's a shame that this service is gone. It was pretty awesome to have the war charts to look at.
    KT . Simians . VnV . Old School . Tivoli

Post Fiend
    Why not add these features to utopia itself?

The military calculator you guys added in the war room calc was great. Although it's a stretch (and I'm not coding... so I don't know anything) but I figure you guys could go further and add the option to have Pimp and Target Finder-like features ingame.

I honestly think it would be a good addition to the game if you guys could do it.

Edit: Perhaps this is more a "suggestion" thread post

Post Fiend
    I really don't think these features would be as popular as they are if it wasn't for the fact that people really like them and use them as part of Utopia.

Perhaps it gives an unfair advantage, perhaps not. But the fact that they exist is proof that people may want these features to be in utopia itself.

The Devs can barely code Utopia. What makes you think they could code a target finder?

Ok, I'm the owner of utopia target finder.
    I didn't break the rules in any way. My automation program was made for purely information gathering and not even for selfish reasons(me or my kd and friends), I gather that intel and make it public and searchable for everyone. I basically do what persian said, open all kingdoms, but instead of making this manually every few hours I made it automated.
    Fluterby what do you mean I was "messing with the in game coding" ? The script I made is my code, hosted on my server, is no related at all with utopia's code, they don't mix, I didn't hack the site I simply reproduced what I'd normally do from my computer...login, look at all kingdoms, save that PUBLIC information, logout and it does take 1-2 minutes to do so...but bishop can't possibly understand this unless I'd draw him what happens because he is limited to classifying as scripts any code in any programming language, that's the most he can say about a piece of code. Messing with the game's coding would mean doing anything that would change the normal flow of the game, like for example many years ago the war forum was accepting javascript code of iframe tags and I was able to inject something similar to ajax(ajax didn't exist back then) and make the reader release his army by reproducing what user does when on the release army page....never used it, just tested it and reported the issue to Mehul who fixed it and thanked me. Any improvement I suggested or issue reported to bishop were unanswered or with "caca bubu...me smart you all stupid...gagaga" answers from bishop. And if he thinks that I broke the rules by messing the game's flow...I'm considering showing him soon enough what a malicious "script" can do. I was also working on an improved and functional pimp site cause I got angry at pimp who keeps messing info, losing it, loading slow, etc and was hoping to finish it by next age, have it tested by my kd next age and make it public when I think it's ok in 2 ages. Well, now I can't do this cause I no longer have an account or a kingdom to test it with real intel/ops during a war.
    I know top kds know how to find their targets, have mirc bots or something similar to pimp for tracking their wars, the reason I did this was for the small kds, for beginners, etc, improving their game and making them keep playing not delete their account before their first age ends. But bishop doesn't like this, he got the game from 50k+ players to 7k-8k and he keeps acting as the god of the game deleting anybody he wants for any reason until he reaches 0 players and maybe then he can play alone and be the best player. A few years ago my entire kd stopped playing utopia, only me and 2 or 3 players returned to the game 3 years ago, was again because of bishop's short mind who deleted provinces for sharing IPs (it's hard when you leave in same house not to share it), deleted a kd mate for being in hong kong at a conference, him being from europe and later that day logging in from hong kong made bishop think he was using a proxy, although if you know a bit more than programming than "script" you can find the real IP behind a proxy. So we all deleted our accounts after seeing you can't reason with bishop he wouldn't even give us the room in the kd for inviting them back."we broke the rules", oh yeah between deletions were husband and wife, father and son...all sharing ips.
    So basically I am being deleted for making a script opening all kd pages, instead of bookmarking them and opening them manually or clicking next next next or the excel that someone suggested. All I did was simulate my clicks on the kds pages, which didn't help me gain anything in the game but helped 1k daily unique visitors find their targets, see their war graphs, etc.
    I'm sorry bishop for helping the players improve their game, having them find a target in 1 minute instead of 1 hour, hope you will not delete them too for using such a evil "script", forgive them, I tricked them and didn't tell them they were using something illegal so they didn't know is cheating to find a target and that it's "messing with the game's code".
    So if you want the target finder back, ask bishop to allow it, otherwise I'm not risking having account deleted again in the middle of a war while fighting for honor crown and make my kd lose 6k+ honor and 1 province
    Last edited by matttzu; 27-01-2013 at 08:20.

Tl:dr

Regular
    Supporting matttzu 100%. I'm fond of the way the script works and if we have to go legal - he didnt break any rules from the agreement. Either Bishop proove to all of his players matttzu did something wrong or allow the website to exist! Stop loosing playerbase, Bishop, you lost too many already.

blaaaaaaaaaa were is my war chart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!???

utopia has plaque do not know if bishop is responsible for that ...maybe some images can bring more players in !

Post Fiend
    Well I didn't realize the target finder was against policies... is the uTools addon for firefox not allowed too? I do use that because it was linked in the guide and I figured if it's in the guide, it's probably good to go.

I know nothing about coding so I won't jump in that debate... just would like a clarification on the uTools. Thanks!

I was using ************. It's great. Thx matttzu, nice to know the guy behind it. It's an amazing tool.
    There are other target finders but not as straightforward as ************.
    I think (I don't know **** bout programming and code), ************ give open and equal access to everyone.
    It benefits whoever using it, and harms whoever tracked by it. But the point is, it provides a universal non-discriminated treatment.

At the other side, I understand Bishop's decision is to secure fair-play in utopia.
    Bishop may acted without a complete knowledge and he did not waste time to have an investigation on someone online just have a non-verifiable and invalid alibi.
    His decision affects to all players using ************ equally, and he restores an old level-playing field, which is fair but require us to take a lot of time.

I need this target finder. An easy and fast one.
    Even with ************ my KD is still having problem searching for another KD who want to war. Once we were scrambling around for two weeks without war, and I think you all know how depressing it is. Some people now are accessing utopia with mobile phone or tablets, and I believe you know also it is more difficult than browsing with computer.

We need a target finder.
    Last edited by centinum; 27-01-2013 at 09:49.

Nobody needs the targetfinder its just that people are too lazy looking the old fashioned way.

The highest grossing MMORPG lets 3rd party devs write addons to it's game. Why won't a 7k player base game allow the same?

I say we start a mutiny! A mutiny I say!!

I like to post
    Not sure how good is TF for find targets but he was very good for his stats in war. More or less give picture how war is going.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

maybe bishop got double standards for someone he knows and someone he doesn't knows or acknowledge?

Thread Information