Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia target finder

we'll i'm lazy
    matzule pune target finderul ala inapoi:D

Quote Originally Posted by tufkuki View Post
    maybe bishop got double standards for someone he knows and someone he doesn't knows or acknowledge?

It sure looks that way ...

The time goes by and no official answer is given ...

another thing that is nice to see is that the only people deffending Bishop are his Devs, reporters or the 5% of players that troll this forum daily ... there was a time when Utopia was the biggest browser game with the most users ... now it is just a place for old timers and new people rarely stick arround ... i wonder why is that ? Since Mehul droped the game users consistently leave are the non status quo players the only ones to see this ?

Still waiting for an answer from Bishop abou the reason for the delete, cause from what i read from the WF creator post there is no faul play there and no code infringement ... that makes people wonder is getting to close to the tops and threatens to take the crown for any status quo player will result in a deletion ...

In the old times Alliances spoiled the game for casual players that fared better than most, now the same alliance players still are spoilling the game for others ...

The message of he day is: " If you are not ex alliance or friends with the mannagement just stay in the middle charts where you belong"

Not that I ever used target finder (dont want to get deleted). I think its a good idea - trying to find a war that is non unbalanced is VERY hard to do without tools like this.
    And it is a shame that this is even an issue.

Either integrate tools like angel, pimp, target finder and so forth into the game or let others implement it externally. SHAME ON YOU BISHOP!

Fluterby what do you mean I was "messing with the in game coding" ?

simple: you had war with our KD.

In the warforum appears background pictures, in an another warforum thread the colour changed from white to pink.
    someone was messing with the javascripts or whatever (i have no idea, i am not a programmer/scriptwizzie)

a person from our kd reported it, the action what followed was, you got deleted and suddenly also the targetfinder disappears.

(thats what i know)

I would also like to thank matttzu for developing tools for a dying game. I doubt many people would invest their time into such game.

About the deletion: I have read that he ran the targetfinder for a long time and it was a popular site. Wasn't it possible to warn him or negotiate with him to benefit the game? If i were developing utopia i would add something like targetfinder to the game to get additional advertising revenue and possibly revenue from credits.

Playing utopia above the average level requires too much time.
    The tools make it possible to continue playing utopia in an above average level. Without assisting tools utopia would take way too much time and many people would quit.
    Also, there should be a decent interface for iOS and Android if we want utopia to stay alive.

Nice to see the players from matttzu's kd all making accounts to post, hi!

Quote Originally Posted by matttzu View Post
    Ok, I'm the owner of utopia target finder.
    I didn't break the rules in any way.
    Wrong.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Regular
    target finder was a brilliant and necessary tool for the evolution of the game. blah blah sit back on your historical horses. and say you can copy and paste 10 million times, no. not everyone knows how to do that. evolve the game. make it fun.

it is fun to be able to find a war target, or 5 of them, message them and sort out a war.

i am a king, and i will not be next age if this stands. i am a king to help my kingdom, but i am not dedicating 6 hours of my time to finding some people a war.

you want players, make it easy and fun for people to play.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Nice to see the players from matttzu's kd all making accounts to post, hi!

Wrong.
    Bishop I see where you're coming from.

But you have to realize this service exists because there's a demand for it.... perhaps the top 10 KDs know everyone and know who they're going to war but for rising ghettos a target finder is a gift.

I really don't think it should be shut down, it should be implemented into utopia itself.

Failing that, leave it. It should be a feature of utopia, honestly.

How useful it is isn't important. You don't get to decide what rules you abide by. There are plenty of ways this could have been done without breaking the rules, or he could have approached us to chat about it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Post Fiend
    How useful it is isn't important. You don't get to decide what rules you abide by. There are plenty of ways this could have been done without breaking the rules, or he could have approached us to chat about it.
    You know it isn't that black and white...

Rules are rules, but how they're enforced - considering several other things which might arguably give an advantage are untouched - is up to your discretion.

Either way, all I hope for is that you re-consider. Or better yet, add the feature to the game :)

Edit: Please, I love you Bishop. You taught me GS are better than forts. For that I owe you. But listen to me for once... please!
    Last edited by Budlightyear; 27-01-2013 at 12:13.

You just removed a great service from the community.
    There are different solutions to the problem, changing the rules or making an exception to the rules or even cooperate with targetfinder to integrate it in to the game.
    The solutions that has been picked is the worst for the community and the easiest for those in charge.

Why should he approach you and not the other way around?
    Just shows your priorities. And you wonder why people leave this game :)
    Last edited by XroW; 27-01-2013 at 12:11.

No, it really is that black and white in this case.

Post Fiend
    No, it really is that black and white in this case.
    There's nothing to say to this... it is what is is. But I still hope you reconsider :)

I feel like I've made a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Budlightyear View Post
    There's nothing to say to this... it is what is is. But I still hope you reconsider :)

I feel like I've made a good point.
    ^^ I don't really have any more to say apart from that.

Post Fiend
    ^^ I don't really have any more to say apart from that.
    Any chance it might be added to the game then ;)

Thread Information