Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia target finder

i miss them beaufitul graphs!

Post Fiend
    Maybe they can talk to each other and get it sorted out.

It would be a shame if this was a permanent thing.

Forum Addict
    the creator of ****************** is a dodgy fellow -- I got DK ppl banned from the site because I told him his ads were against google rules as he forced users to click them -- not changing it I contacted google which turned off his ads -- he did this again and I did the same -- after that DK ppl got banned. It was a great site, but this roro isn't always following the rules, like roro ppl rarely do :)

Nice to see the players from matttzu's kd all making accounts to post, hi!
    I don't wanna tell you how this vbulletin forum works bishop but I feel obligated to because you're an admin here seeing black and white and not knowing anything. I accessed this forum just a few times, yet I noticed "Join Date" under the name in the left side...if you look closely with a lot of attention you will see it. So not only I or our kd created those accounts, we even hacked your database and changed the join date to 2011, 2012 etc...if you still don't get it let me know and I'll draw it for you. And about the script you see in black in white because that's your limit on programming, if you look at a piece of code you can either say it's some code or you can say it's a poem, there is big difference between a 3rd party read only application and other types of apps that actually do something too, will get back to that later. Copying rules from other sites without knowledge is not a good you know ? Also, big sites(fb,twitter,etc) actually provide APIs (google it I bet you have no idea what that is) for 3rd party application, offering public information(or private with user's permission) specially designed to ALLOW programers to come up with tools,ideas,etc for improving the experience, but no, not bishop, he can see only black and white. Don't let your colors problem affect everyone using the site (currently 48,465 unique ips visited the site in total in the past 2+ years). I'm sure even if you realize it's a mistake what you did you will never admit it

I assume the idea is to make some profit from utopia. In order to do so one has to have a solid base of players. The game has been made easier to play but a lot should be added to it to attract new players. I would gladly use some credits to get access to the target finder or to something similar to pimp. It seems that the community will loose from the current action.

(For your information, i don't know anyone from this forum, i am just an active player who joined 2 ages ago after a 10 year pause. I am annoyed that i lost a good tool that made my life easier. I don't have time to look for plunder targets..)

EDIT: If it was illegal what he did then could we get more details?
    Last edited by x4rced; 27-01-2013 at 13:12.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by matttzu View Post
    I don't wanna tell you how this vbulletin forum works bishop but I feel obligated to because you're an admin here seeing black and white and not knowing anything. I accessed this forum just a few times, yet I noticed "Join Date" under the name in the left side...if you look closely with a lot of attention you will see it. So not only I or our kd created those accounts, we even hacked your database and changed the join date to 2011, 2012 etc...if you still don't get it let me know and I'll draw it for you. And about the script you see in black in white because that's your limit on programming, if you look at a piece of code you can either say it's some code or you can say it's a poem, there is big difference between a 3rd party read only application and other types of apps that actually do something too, will get back to that later. Copying rules from other sites without knowledge is not a good you know ? Also, big sites(fb,twitter,etc) actually provide APIs (google it I bet you have no idea what that is) for 3rd party application, offering public information(or private with user's permission) specially designed to ALLOW programers to come up with tools,ideas,etc for improving the experience, but no, not bishop, he can see only black and white. Don't let your colors problem affect everyone using the site (currently 48,465 unique ips visited the site in total in the past 2+ years). I'm sure even if you realize it's a mistake what you did you will never admit it
    You're not helping.

First of all, your block of text doesn't make sense. Second of all, you're blaming bishop for doing his job.

If you care about utopia target finder and want it (or some version of it) around, this is how not to express your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Budlightyear View Post
    You're not helping.

First of all, your block of text doesn't make sense. Second of all, you're blaming bishop for doing his job.

If you care about utopia target finder and want it (or some version of it) around, this is how not to express your opinion.
    This is not about me...I can have my private personal finder

Quote Originally Posted by matttzu View Post
    You violated the games rules. You seem to think attacking me personally will help?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I have very, very limited knowledge of coding, and, like most people who use target finder, am lazy, and this is a "Black and white issue", the one thing I find missing:
    Which specific rule did he break? All your posts claim it is clear cut, and when I see an explanation for which rule he broke, and how, it will help us all understand.

He said it himself already. Automation.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Automation that reads public information, automation that does absolutely nothing else, doesn't attack for me, doesn't cast my self spells.
    Anyways...I've had better chats with walls than with you bishop, i'm outta here, i really wasn't expecting you to understand it, was just hoping you may listen to reason, to public opinion

You are not exempt from the rules.

Veteran
    From the rules: "Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia."

So I suppose, with your black and white view on the matter, you will be banning 95% of the players currently playing utopia for using tools like target finder, pimp, upoopu and war formatters? I will honestly have to say, I have used and still using all these tools that are available to everybody playing utopia.

Hi! I'm Kyla from an average kd. This is my first time to post in this forum. I usually just read posts but I felt the need to voice out my opinion about a very good tool being gone. I consider myself a newbie, just started playing this game seriously last April 2012. Target finder was introduced to me that time but I didn't really looked into it. I searched for my targets manually by looking at kd pages and based on my judgement, I take random SoT's to see if that prov is a good one. Since I'm a newbie, it takes me hours to find my target. I was doing fine that way but my work became busier I actually had to quit, but being so addicted to utopia, I got myself back into the game a few weeks later. This age is the first time I used target finder. It made my life easier, searching for good targets became faster and made me enjoy the game more. I like the "last seen" feature because even if I were not the monarch, I can see who is active and who is slacking in my kd. I also use it to check on a possible war target.

I don't know about scripts, I don't know what happened to Mattzu's deletion. I'm not part of his kd. I want to take this opportunity to thank Mattzu for sharing us his awesome target finder. It helped me in many ways, it was not just a target finder for me :)

I see this game as an old fashioned one (it is an old one anyway). Only smart people would play this game nowadays (I consider myself smart haha!). I don't think this game is appealing to the new generation of gamers since they are more into graphics now. And not having the target finder makes it less appealing to the ones playing the game currently.

Games are supposed to be fun, games are supposed to make you relax and have a good time after a stressful day. But if the game becomes the reason for your stress then that is not a game for me anymore. I love utopia and the people responsible for it and the people I've played with and against. But with my busy schedule at work, I'm seriously thinking of quitting or playing the game less, if a very useful tool like target finder will not be available soon. Like my kd's motto "real life comes first". I just can't go looking for targets for hours like before. :(

To the admin, I hope there is a solution to this problem. And I hope I don't get deleted for using target finder but if I do then it's the end of my utopia days.

Thank you for reading and sorry for the long post.

So I suppose, with your black and white view and the matter, you will be banning 95% of the players currently playing utopia for using tools like target finder, pimp, upoopu and war formatters? I will honestly have to say, I have used and still using all these tools that are available to everybody playing utopia.
    So do tell how does any of those things improve your performance in game?

Thread Information