Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia target finder

Ok, i read the thread, and the part im concerned with is:

"Altering the game is a big no-no. He should have watched what he was doing and this whole mess could have been avoided. But... show off and... you pay the consequences. " -flutter

My concern is that using html in phpbb, or putting animated giffs into kd forum is considered 'altering game code' or some such nonsense.

This is why im looking for a rule that explains this.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
    Are you insulting other with your word ? Are you breaking the rules of the forum ?
    There is no insult towards any person in my text above.

Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    Ok, i read the thread, and the part im concerned with is:

"Altering the game is a big no-no. He should have watched what he was doing and this whole mess could have been avoided. But... show off and... you pay the consequences. " -flutter

My concern is that using html in phpbb, or putting animated giffs into kd forum is considered 'altering game code' or some such nonsense.

This is why im looking for a rule that explains this.

Unsurprisingly you are not allowed to inject code into the game.

Game Play

Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Im an old player, in and out of the game dependent on time management constraints, etc. If the rules were broken, fine -- most of us do not have the authority (whether it be earned monetarily or otherwise) to accuse others of cheating. In regards to members and staff alike, I have seen more maturity in an elementary school. Bottom line is: Utopia needs a targetfinder to assist casual players. Even better? Make a smart phone app for this game. It would be much easier for current players to sell the game to friends; additionally, smart phones are already being used.

I'd love to see this game take off again, *reminisce the 90's*. It seems apparent to most but a few additions are required for the longevity of this awesome game. Regardless of how this was brought to light, acknowledge the request of your casual player because we need more of them.

I know this model seems adolescent but bear with me: more functionality tools --> more efficiency --> less trivial wasting of time --> more enjoyment discerned from the game --> MORE players --> more MONEY ($$).. (more money for those who operate it anyway)

Functionality and accessibility..
    Think Angry Birds..

Admins: quit investing your time into playing the game and invest it into product development.

I would pay $0.99 for a Utopia app.. I'd certainly pay $2.00 if it had a handy rule-following-target-finder.

Sleep on it, this is money in your pocket.

Last remarks: Wouldn't an app make rules more difficult to break?

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    There is no insult towards any person in my text above.
    well then pull some thoughts out of your arse and think more carefully

Here's my two cents:

There isn't much argument for the defense here, the rules were broken.

Maybe a word of advice to bishop and his team. I've noticed that society usually ends of adopting things which it can not police efficiently. Or borderline breaches of the rules end up becoming legal.

Example: Alcohol, Gambling, Gay marriages, Equality for women and blacks.
    At one point all of these were against the rules and now they are a part of our society and we are better off because of it

The target finder has it's advantages let's be honest it helps active players find inactive players and plunder them or take their land.

Bishop this is our game not yours. You just enforce the rules and sometimes when it's clear to you, you change them.

If you want our player base to expand you need to adopt the mentality where you are always listening to the players and trying your best to give them what they are asking.
    Sometimes what they are asking isn't clear and sometimes it's against the rules.

Consider integrating some kind of target finder into the game. It doesn't have to be the exact same as the ones that we make. If you pay attention to the players you will see that we keep making sites that will organize information (pimp) and search targets.

Maybe you can try to bring that into utopia, it's obvious that we want it. If you don't give it to us we just make it ourselves. And if you don't enforce everything (IE: utopia angel is against the rules, so is pimp) Then you are telling us that it's ok to ignore some rules because you are ignoring them yourself.

Thanks
    I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly...

Quote Originally Posted by jackster View Post
    :/ I have no problem handing out bans if this continues. If you have an issue with a post then report it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    :/ I have no problem handing out bans if this continues. If you have an issue with a post then report it.
    i'm using the exact same words as he was, why am i getting the warning while he isn't ?

The amount of people with 1-2 post in this thread is amazing. If you think thats a insult towards any person you are wrong its a expression.

i'm using the exact same words as he was, why am i getting the warning while he isn't ?
    If you have an issue with a post then report it. I won't say it again.

Don't get your expression mess with word. Respect other just like how bishop respect you. Make the forum clean :)

Regular

utopia support and Mihai working together

is it possible for utopia support and Mihai come together to allow Mihai to give community site under the supervision of support?

I need a target finder, for my utopia to function optimally. No target finder means i have to spend 1 hr a day searching for a target, which is really too much work.

Besides,

"Under no circumstances may you use automation software, hacks, mods, scripts or any unauthorized third-party tools designed to improve your performance in Utopia. "

This implies i am not allowed to use Utopia PIMP, Utopia Angel, or ANY other program that is made by the community. Even Ultima, Prince and K3ltics ambush calculator are illegal. If NOBODY is allowed to use this third party software, then seriously, who is left to play the game? How is it possible to calculate a proper war strategy if there is no idea when a MS ends or which province has which amount of defense?

I'll make it even worse; I am not allowed to use IRC, as it is a communicating device, allowing me to TALK with my KD mates, increasing the performance of my game. I CAN NOT COMMUNICATE WITH MY TEAMMATES OTHER THAN THROUGH THE MESSY UTOPIA FORUMS!

Really, you ought to change this rule Bishop. It makes no sense, it is multi-interpretable, and the only thing i can conclude from your action of banning a player for making a Target Finder, is that you are performing something that is called 'foul play'. This is translated as a deliberate UNFAIR and DISHONEST measure of action pointed towards one player, where you close your eyes for the other players actions.

This said, I believe some oldies in this forum will consider me as a newbie, as I never post here. I have to admit i do not usually care for forum messages, but I am a silent reader and a very long time Utopia player. The current situation calls for people to open their eyes, and to spread the word about how dishonest some actions are made within Utopia. Therefore I post this one time in the forum, to also allow anyone to consider MY opinion on this stinging matter.

Good luck dealing with this, community.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerball View Post
    This implies i am not allowed to use Utopia PIMP, Utopia Angel, or ANY other program that is made by the community.
    It implies no such thing. Even if it did, which it doesn't, all those tools are approved.

Another one of these 1-2 post people appaers,

Dear Powerball,

If you cared to read the thread to begin with you would be able to read things like this

Quote by Bishop

Target finders aren't against the rules.
    This implies i am not allowed to use Utopia PIMP, Utopia Angel, or ANY other program that is made by the community. Even Ultima, Prince and K3ltics ambush calculator are illegal. If NOBODY is allowed to use this third party software, then seriously, who is left to play the game? How is it possible to calculate a proper war strategy if there is no idea when a MS ends or which province has which amount of defense?
    It doesnt say you're not allowed to use third party software, it says you're not allowed to use unauthorized third part software.

I'll make it even worse; I am not allowed to use IRC, as it is a communicating device, allowing me to TALK with my KD mates, increasing the performance of my game. I CAN NOT COMMUNICATE WITH MY TEAMMATES OTHER THAN THROUGH THE MESSY UTOPIA FORUMS!
    Now you just being silly, irc has no connection utopia at all so stop grasping after straws please.

Thread Information