Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your thoughts on the new intra-kd raze honor changes

forgive me if i didnt give advice for 1% of the server, who dont need advice anyway.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

1) no top kingdoms use friends to landdrop so that point is moot.

2) even a non mystic can gain 2wpa a week. If you double in size then yea you need at least a week. Or you could sacrifice honor.

3) its a good mechanic I think. The top ten this age is quite a bit more competitive. But I woild be into a way to sacrifice income to increase wpa at a faster rate. With dice gone to balance mystic you could give them no runes required and meteor showers. Remove double guilda and have a universal way to speed up wizard pumping or such...

Anyway bishop has stated numerous Times he is not interested in changong wpa training. So best bet if you want lots of wars and honor is to have a kd build that will allow you to handle peeiods of rapid growth. Or a race as youe core that works well when oversized auch as himan or dwarf..

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by goodz View Post
    1) no top kingdoms use friends to landdrop so that point is moot.
    we helped bodega this age. hit down a guy so he could double up :P

Bodega is a top kd?

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    Bodega is a top kd?
    they were in the top 10 when they asked :P

One reason to want to raze (besides stomping ghettos) is size differences between TMs and attackers.

During this age, all of our pure TMs were kept approximately 20% larger in acres than our largest attacker. This is for several reasons... it allows our TMs to be almost entirely unbreakable to attackers from similarly sized kingdoms, and it allows us more flexibility in sacrificing troops to dragons and such.

But it also requires some fairly insane EOW build strats to keep WPA up. One war we had our top attacker double in size... he became 30% larger than our largest TM by the end. We didn't really have a lot of options except to double the size of our TMs and spend 9 full days pumping, because honor is insanely valuable towards making your KD a powerful warring KD.

I'm not really broken up about it, but it changes the way legit war strats work, absolutely.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanL View Post
    One reason to want to raze (besides stomping ghettos) is size differences between TMs and attackers.

During this age, all of our pure TMs were kept approximately 20% larger in acres than our largest attacker. This is for several reasons... it allows our TMs to be almost entirely unbreakable to attackers from similarly sized kingdoms, and it allows us more flexibility in sacrificing troops to dragons and such.

But it also requires some fairly insane EOW build strats to keep WPA up. One war we had our top attacker double in size... he became 30% larger than our largest TM by the end. We didn't really have a lot of options except to double the size of our TMs and spend 9 full days pumping, because honor is insanely valuable towards making your KD a powerful warring KD.

I'm not really broken up about it, but it changes the way legit war strats work, absolutely.
    You can keep your T/Ms within 10% the size of your attackers and still have them with enough defense to avoid being hit. Also, I prefer the 4 day EoWCF but if EoWCF changes then it'll just force T/Ms to have a different value for Guild space to make up for the loss of 24 hours every EoWCF which can be up to 7 real life days in the age now.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Forum Addict
    Having attackers that is larger than your core is not a disadvantage, it's an advantage. You'll just have to us ethem well.

Veteran
    I didn't like the mechanism @ first, but it makes sense when I think about it. I found that a great solution is to massacre/learn during a wave! you get a lot of honor from hitting a well established T/M and retals will drop your land! let your KD mates with less land TM while bigger attackers mass/learn T/M's!

This is just one example of how I chose to resize "honorably", maybe smarter folks can come up with better ideas, but it worked for me!

Thread Information