Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia's Toxic Environment

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Utopia's Toxic Environment

*the things we have time for when insomnia is hitting us hard...lol*

So, I accept the fact that there's bound to be people who quite frankly you just don't like. This isn't magic hippy land where everybody is everyone else's best friend and we can all sit in a circle and braid each others hair and what not. There's also the general atmosphere of the internet where everyone is a big tough guy asshole that's going to say whatever they want because they can.

But there's something very strange about the fact that the utopian community, which has kept this game alive LONG after it should have died, can be so filled with hate at each other over the dumbest, most insignificant things. Look at the pew pew vs Simians thread. It suddenly ignited with flames because one side said they had won...after the war was over...and after both sides got precisely what they wanted. I mean seriously, if you gained what you sought to gain, do you really have to announce/defend the position of "who won?"

90% of the time it's really idiotic stuff like that and it mostly boils down the fact that people really enjoy winning and hate losing even more. When people get the game "played against them" they'll all too often just point the finger at the other side and let the flames just fly away when in all reality, it's either their fault for doing something wrong, or it was really just the only/best move for the other side to make.

And the problem isn't just at the top where the most vocal people are, it's at the bottom too where people keep to themselves. They make up these preconceived notions in their heads without ever actually interacting/talking with people. "Sanc? x-logging cheaters who live with their moms. Fact because I made it up and someone else made it up as well to confirm that and it just make sense." Or better yet. "HoH? A bunch of psychos who haven't enjoyed playing the game since the kd formed. I know because a kdmate of mine had a sister who's ex-boyfriend's college roommate used to play in HoH for like 2 weeks."

I guess what I'm getting at with my borderline incoherent ramblings is that can we all just stop biting each other's heads off for playing the same game that we all like to play? I'm willing to bet in at least 95% of the things/people complain about on here was a result of the "offending" kd thinking that whatever they did was their best move so they took it and not them sitting in a circle, stroking their mustaches and devising a plan on how to piss off/annoy the other side. Most people in the game are really awesome people and not simply for the fact that they play utopia. If you run into someone who you don't like (based off things behind the fact that the son of a ***** had the nerve to hit you while your armies were out!), why bother wasting your own time telling them how much you don't like them when you could just go find someone else who you do like talking to?

tldr:
    Let's just be bros and I wanna party with you.

Utopia is a game that requires ridiculous amounts of time and effort to do well at. It required even more in the past, IMO, and by a far larger number of people. Its a breeding ground for competition. Not only that, but it's a game where everybody is fair game at all times and where alliances, bargains and power plays are common, accepted and even encouraged. Just look at UP, Palem. It's pretty much the same as the Utopian Community, just with regards to Politics rather than Utopia.

Honestly a lot of the animosity in Utopia boils down to rivalries on steroids, just because of how vocal all parties get and how competitive we are. Utopia is a toxic environment, but it wasn't a problem until the player base shrank to below 15,000 IMO. Even know you see friends play in competing kingdoms like theres nothing wrong because at this point we're just ****ting on our plates. Which is another reason why loud mouths and dumbasses get such harsh treatment when they entire the playground for the first time. Also Anri.

If we remove the flaming and hating, there will only be 2 topics left.
    1) Forum rules
    2) Changes

You want the forum to be dead? :p

Cute thread.

I've seen much more hate and dislike when there was a lot more players playing this game. **** was serious back then. Nowadays people get along just fine as we are so few. There are the normal loudmouths and dumbasses who get their treatment as Pillz put it, but in general its not that bad.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that many people have started vocally mocking TFC more and more?

First a "people compete more!" thread and then a "people play more nicely!" thread. Whats next?
    Last edited by gergnub; 07-02-2013 at 08:31. Reason: gg thread

Forum Addict
    I have played this game since 1999. I play this game cause I don't wanna think of serious life all the bloody time. I wanna go somewhere, I go to the utopian world. Here I wanna be the villain. I wanna be tough badass and be a person who treat women like garbage. Who are you to stop me? It is a fantasy game and I took my role like this cause I don't wanna be nice irl and nice here. I play this game cause of hate and conflicts. Why you think this game is still alive? cause of the nice people like divine and Bijo? hell no, the game is alive cause of the likes of me, Anri and other bull****ters. People want revenge, people wanna beat people they hate. If there was no absalom hate you think the game would still be alive?

What you are suggestiong is to kill the game. What we want is more badmouthing and more hostile environment. This is a war game, a game for men, this isn't some nice environment trading merchandise game. We kill and burn people. we fireball husbands, wives, children. We recruit our children to become elites, then you don't whine.

WE DO NOT WANT AN UTOPIA FULL OF FAERY KD:S! YOU SHOULD GO PLAY MY LITTLE PONY VERSION OF UTOPIA WHERE YOU DICE ALL THE TIME! JESUS! You are a moderator, and you should know better! Without people like me this game would be dead!

Belle go to the kitchen before I slap you!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Mansoor View Post
    I have played this game since 1999. I play this game cause I don't wanna think of serious life all the bloody time. I wanna go somewhere, I go to the utopian world. Here I wanna be the villain. I wanna be tough badass and be a person who treat women like garbage. Who are you to stop me? It is a fantasy game and I took my role like this cause I don't wanna be nice irl and nice here. I play this game cause of hate and conflicts. Why you think this game is still alive? cause of the nice people like divine and Bijo? hell no, the game is alive cause of the likes of me, Anri and other bull****ters. People want revenge, people wanna beat people they hate. If there was no absalom hate you think the game would still be alive?

What you are suggestiong is to kill the game. What we want is more badmouthing and more hostile environment. This is a war game, a game for men, this isn't some nice environment trading merchandise game. We kill and burn people. we fireball husbands, wives, children. We recruit our children to become elites, then you don't whine.

WE DO NOT WANT AN UTOPIA FULL OF FAERY KD:S! YOU SHOULD GO PLAY MY LITTLE PONY VERSION OF UTOPIA WHERE YOU DICE ALL THE TIME! JESUS! You are a moderator, and you should know better! Without people like me this game would be dead!

Belle go to the kitchen before I slap you!
    This is a war game and Palem should learn its ways. (Some says its a strategy game and not only a war game, i say its a strategic war game). Dicers, explorers, other idiots in general is wrong.
    Without hate Simians would been disbanded 30 ages ago. We keep going because there is ALWAYS some dirty fish out there that you totaly want to ruin and destroy. You hit us, we come for you. Its the never ending story of utopia. Game is built on hatred. Not of cosy little faery KDs that proclaim they want peace on the server. All of what Palem wrote makes me want to slaugther him. This is a role-playing game and just like Mansoor i am whoever i want to be in this game. I wont change who i am nor where i come from in this game just because someone like Palem says so. I dont care how many people agrees with him. I want to continue to hate absalom and play at the highest level it goes for my KD to try and hurt them in every single way we can. When there would be nothing left to fight for, no more hate then this server would die.

So in other words i agree almost to the fullest with Mansoor about this.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Duh did you two really think Palem wrote this so that the players reading this will change their ways and follow his advice?

tsk tsk..think again...
    just a random player now....

(ex-TFC)

I think utopias community are one of the worst communities Ive encountered online, but palem misses the target with his post, flaming / trolling in a kingdom vs. kingdom thread is fine.

Something that has hurt the player base and the community far more is the hostile attitude most "good" players have always showed against new players / noobs, the amount of miss-information and trolling done is staggering. Having played both earth2025 and utopia for a very long time its surprising to see how different the two communities where, where the attitude in alliance vs. alliance matters there where always just a fierce and toxic as here. But the same players where always willing to help new players with advice and strategy.. Maybe earth had an older playerbase, people not fully part of the internet generation, not as entitled. Or maybe the fixed size of utopia kingdoms made it redundant to act civil, since there was no point to make friends you couldn't fit in your kingdom anyways..

Maybe this is why we now are stuck with the same inbred kingdom-hoppers getting recruited in and out of the same kingdoms over and over today, we never had to learn how to teach new players and make them feel welcome.

Forum Addict
    he got a faery queen mind, who knows what he has in mind. All I see him is whine nowdays. I think he is jealous that my thread got so many posts that he wanted to do his own.

I'm glad i quit this age

Played since 2001, and now all i see is a drunk Palem mod self serving (sanc x logging crap)

Its quite simple, you moan about the small fry players who post (new players also) who try to learn and take the time to set up an account here and post, if i was them I would think why the f*** should i even bother

Most who have played like me end up in the top KDs which I have done many times, but mostly when I dont have time for uber activity i reside in ghetto's hidden without CF's in place

To put it simply, you can no longer play good and solo without CF's in place which i always refused to do.

Being on both sides of the top/bottom KD ledger, all i see is advice given to Bishop by top KD's many ages now on how to nerf exp players that still play solo

Faerys nerfed so they cant play solo, unless holding 130 dpa (quite easy but pointless when you cant attack back unless you have offspecs and get farmed at 100dpa) Now next age Halflings which you can run at 130dpa and attack back are nerfed with -15% gains

Congrats on running the server down, killing the last target finder site for solo/small KD's. Nerfing races playable solo so that it is easier to farm the remaining exp provs, and help kill the remaining exp/new players base of which the former is sweet **** all
    Last edited by donk; 07-02-2013 at 10:26.

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by donk View Post

Congrats on running the server down, killing the last target finder site for solo/small KD's. Nerfing races playable solo so that it is easier to farm the remaining exp provs, and help kill the remaining exp/new players base of which the former is sweet **** all
    Game is not built for solo/small kds. Move on.
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Wrong

Game is built for KD community's and geared for growth

KD growth is determined by skill and willingness to teach. Player base has been farmed to much to make it viable. 80% of the server is small/solo KD's.

What is your point, (you play in bio) so you get laughed at every age

Palem:"Bros, let's everyone pick faeries next age and just explore in peace"

Director of Age Changes
    Quote Originally Posted by donk View Post
    Wrong

Game is built for KD community's and geared for growth

KD growth is determined by skill and willingness to teach. Player base has been farmed to much to make it viable. 80% of the server is small/solo KD's.

What is your point, (you play in bio) so you get laughed at every age
    Seems like the willingness to learn is rock bottom also. You're a prime example.
    lol@ BiO attack, but it's been years since I've played there.

Quote Originally Posted by Drug View Post
    Palem:"Bros, let's everyone pick faeries next age and just explore in peace"
    lol
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    All of what Palem wrote makes me want to slaugther him.
    I don't condone this, but for some odd reason one of the best things I have heard.

Thread Information