Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody ever do this...

Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    Im tempted to download it and see if I can remember username and password, just for the nostalgic trip ;)
    went thru a similar discussion about a month ago all you need is your old ICQ numbers and you can use a web based window ................. was weird seeing all those names again

Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    Why did we use ICQ instead of IRC back then?

it was simple and easy all you had to do was install ICQ on your comp and give you numbers to anyone you wanted to chat with ......... worked well in wars when you wanted to deal with other monarchs .

and IRC we had no dedicated utopian server if you wanted to contact some one you had to build a channel on a server and walk the person thru it.

and WEBTV people couldn't use it.
    Last edited by Hurlin; 12-01-2014 at 00:27.
    IMPERIALS KLA

i see Da wang on my icq list =D

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Enthusiast
    ICQ suported off line msgs which ruled back then

Post Fiend
    Oh, look. Its a Wang :)

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dawang View Post
    Open up ICQ just to look at who you had on your list. I only ever used ICQ for utopia...so each person I had on my list usually there is some story behind it...

An old kingdom mate, an alliance I was in (or hated)...or just some cool people from this game. I just opened it up and saw some names that made me smile..I hope they are still kickin around somewhere and living the good life. Some of these names:

Taurus
    ASF
    Ares
    BigBoy
    Billah
    Cheese
    Carly
    Exec
    Hazemi
    Hogosha
    Duke
    Ironballs
    Tezu
    Leper X
    Malice
    Milad
    Ness
    Sandman
    Savanah
    Toffe
    And so many more......

If any of you are around (and all the others) just wanted to say thanks for keeping me busy during my youth.....haha. I dont know how many hours upon hours I used to sit in front of ICQ & Utopia...so much fun:)

Anyways...just stopping in to say hey :)
    Heh, I still remember my ICQ number after all these years. I was acting as utopia's fakewar broker for a year or something, I practically lived on ICQ and actually had a real life too.

ICQ = the sh*t, but not now. :p

Edit: You're on my list too
    ABS vs Rangers

heh good times.

i've only been able to find a few of these people over the years unfortunately....maybe one day ill start playing utopia again....

I remember hogosha for some reason, I think I was in his kd? I can't remember my icq to save my life though.

Wow

I just thought about Utopia for the first time in probably a decade... Did a quick search of Utopia and my name and found this old thread.

Da Wang, man, you're one I can't forget. It'll probably take another ten years before you search again and see this.

This drink's for you, buddy.

-HK

itsa hogo!
    #Beastblood

rule #12 no dutchies allowed.
    --Amendment 1.1: <3 LDP mucho much
    --Amendment 1.2: <3 chrissi
    --Amendment 1.3: snirpsner is by far the best dutchie ever. <3
    --Amendment 1.4: Prot and Darkie are OK in my book.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by dawang View Post
    Open up ICQ just to look at who you had on your list. I only ever used ICQ for utopia...so each person I had on my list usually there is some story behind it...

An old kingdom mate, an alliance I was in (or hated)...or just some cool people from this game. I just opened it up and saw some names that made me smile..I hope they are still kickin around somewhere and living the good life. Some of these names:

Taurus
    ASF
    Ares
    BigBoy
    Billah
    Cheese
    Carly
    Exec
    Hazemi
    Hogosha
    Duke
    Ironballs
    Tezu
    Leper X
    Malice
    Milad
    Ness
    Sandman
    Savanah
    Toffe
    And so many more......

If any of you are around (and all the others) just wanted to say thanks for keeping me busy during my youth.....haha. I dont know how many hours upon hours I used to sit in front of ICQ & Utopia...so much fun:)

Anyways...just stopping in to say hey :)
    Kinda sad you left me off that list after all we've been through :p
    Last edited by Leshrak; 14-01-2015 at 14:14. Reason: I know this is a 2+ year old thread

Just saw this thread again and was thinking it's to bad I haven't used icq in like 10 years because there is no way in hell I can remember my loggin.

Anyway I just downloaded it and when the logginpage appeared I just clicked the box and like a flash from a clear sky the number 32845823 just came to me. F*cking crazy :)
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

I got inspired by all the others so after i finally found my number and guessed the password on attempt 45 or so this greeted me!

I had a habit back then of always cleaning my icq-list though because i was probably the nr1 kd-hopper around that time.

Its still very fun to look at the list, to make it easy i just screenshottet the ones i had tagged "ut."

It seems the list is from when sid left pansies because i played in pansies for a while right after he left and i have one contacted tagged "now"... to remember what kd i'm in i guess! :D

it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

WOW, I just tried to log in, and low-and-behold I can't remember my password. I did "forgot username/password" route, and it sent an email to my @swirve.com account. MAN, it's been over a decade......

I prefer if people page my beeper.

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Thread Information