Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Tools: Check these out!

News Correspondent

Utopia Tools: Check these out!

As another age comes to a close, and our newest begins, we feel it is our responsibility to help link the utopian world to it's own creative community. There are many volunteer workers that strive to develop amazing tools for your benefit, and enjoyment. With the power of the UtoNews, bringing a feed directly into your gaming experience to update you on any ongoing events, we would like to provide you one additional service; the knowledge of these existing tools.

Utopia Angel
    One of the oldest utopia tools in existence to this day is an awesome tool known as Utopia Angel. This is hosted by a wonderful third party site, a landslide part of utopian history, Utopia Temple.
    This tool provides windows users with many features, including an attack calculator, building calculator, and science calculator. But amongst it's best features is actually it's clipboard manager. I enjoyed this feature so much, that upon retiring from the game for 3 years, I continued to use this tool in my every day computer experience.

When it comes to utopia, this clipboard manager extends into an even cooler feature. When you copy a throne page, or a kingdom page, or other types of intel, it formats it into a easily transmittable format, with an export line that makes it easy to share with your kingdom. For those that use any intel sites may also find it's forum agent extremely useful, as it can transmit any intel you take (except a kingdom page) to your intel database, which is very useful for organization purposes.

upoopu
    upoopu is an awesome Intel Database website. It comes with it's own Firefox/Chrome extension that automatically updates your ops/intel and etc to the websites database. It is not your traditional intel database, and does take a little bit to familiarize yourself with it, but rest assured, you will not regret it!

All intel is organized clearly in neat, clean tables. It features many tool-tip's that help expand and detail intel on provinces, and has a very cool op recording feature for duration based ops, where you can see in colored bars what ops a province has up, and how long until they expire. Once you are familiar with how this feature works, you will not want it any other way!

Utools
    Utools is a firefox browser extension that makes your in-game experience more to the liking of what a utopian would prefer. It shows you things like suggested acre gains based on your networth and enemy networth, just by viewing their kingdom page! Remember, these are estimated and not exact. It also gives you a more convenient layout of the links, to easily access your council pages. Many utopians use this tool and simply don't know a utopia without it.

UtoNet IRC
    IRC is a chat-room based instant messenger. IRC access is possible from many types of clients, including web-clients, from your phone, through the web, or even a downloadable client. UtoNet is a Utopia based IRC server where a huge portion of the community lingers. This is great for internal communication, but it is also a great place to meet other utopians, and learn things. If you do not use IRC, and want to check things out, I recommend you simply click on THIS LINK, and see for yourself only the beginning of an IRC experience.

Lucid Bot
    Lucid Bot is a free IRC bot designed to help bring your kingdom irc-handy organization with intel, op tracking, and other cool features. You should be somewhat familiar with IRC and how things like this work before trying it out, but it is quite a detailed and handy tool.

Alliance Ranking
    Alliance Ranking is a newly returned fan-built website. Originally it was built for, as its name suggests, ranking of alliances with a web-based chart. The evolution of this website soon became much more than that, until it was sadly taken offline. After three years of being offline it has returned to the utopian community with some HUGE tools.

There are many other tools that were not named in this article for you to check out, and I'm sure many others that may still be unlisted. There are also a couple of tools out there that are not supported by the games administration, nor by the utopian public. We caution you on what tools you use! For a list of approved tools, including far more tools than what was listed in this feature, please check out the following two pages of information:
    Wiki Tools List
    Palem's Useful Tools List

Additionally, you may post other awesome tools you are aware of in this thread. If you have a tool you'd like approved by the community, please let us know about it! Please do make sure that you are not in breach of the rules, however!

Enthusiast
    good work ty
    Last edited by cRs; 12-02-2013 at 13:08.

Enthusiast
    I noticed you didn't metnion UtopiaPimp.
    How does UtopiaPimp measure up to the tools you mentioned?

Currenlty, i use angel to format the intel and upload with forum agent to pimp.
    Do you think the addon you mentioned is better?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post

The actual idea behind the article is to bring attention to utopia based tools. There are many tools that were not directly mentioned in the article that are listed in the two links prior.

Since you asked, upoopu is a more modern, cleaner, and better version of pimp. You do not need angel to send intel to it, as it has a firefox/chrome plugin which will automatically send intel, ops, and more to upoopu for you. This actually give people without windows the ability to use upoopu also, as it is not OS specific like angels forum agent is, and is therefore less limiting to your kingdom members. Since you do not have to post ops manually, it is also more accurate than pimp is. I'd say that, while again it takes some getting used to, it is a much cooler, or more updated, tool.

Regular
    My issue with UpoopU was that it was not as easy (if it was possible at all) to track ops like you can easily do on Pimp. I couldn't tell who was contributing to fireballs, NS, and things like that.

Y U NO LIKE MY TOOLS?

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Post Fiend
    removed
    Last edited by Bishop; 12-02-2013 at 17:39.
    KT . Simians . VnV . Old School . Tivoli

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Eus View Post

Y U NO LIKE MY TOOLS?
    Since I don't know who you are, I can only assume your tools are the seraphim ones located in your signature. In this case, what makes you think I don't like them? They are linked in both Palems thread and the Wiki. What else do you have besides the news formatter btw? afaik, I like mine better, except yours does prov news (right?) and mine does not at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by denial View Post
    ... came back last age. It's great for ...
    Please do not mention non-supported tools in this thread. The operator of that website is a banned user for blatant cheating and threatened to hack peoples accounts. His site, while useful, is useless and a threat to utopia. We are currently working to replace the need for an illegal site with one that is not harmful to the community.
    Last edited by Ezzerland; 12-02-2013 at 17:14.

Heh, is Ezzerland your troll nick and BlackIce your "news" nick? ;-)
    I was referring to the first post really and yeah, Seraphim and Seraphim online formatter are (part) of my tools. I am not here to advert my tools, whoever likes them knows about them anyway, so I wont speak about features ;-)

Post Demon
    Heh, is Ezzerland your troll nick and BlackIce your "news" nick? ;-)
    No, I'm a rather forward face. I am also the guy behind the scenes of UtoNews. I was also the one that told Ice what tools to publish and which ones not to, so I take responsibility for that. Article space is limited, so I wanted to highlight some tools to gather interest and link to more for people to explore. Your tools are included in the linked ones, afaik.
    I was referring to the first post really and yeah, Seraphim and Seraphim online formatter are (part) of my tools. I am not here to advert my tools, whoever likes them knows about them anyway, so I wont speak about features ;-)
    The point of this thread is to advertise tools. So if you have a good one, why would you not want to? I have used your formatter before, but I was not actually aware you hosted any other tools. This is why I asked in my above post. This is not a troll, this is an inquiry. I'd actually appreciate you advertising your tool and telling the community about its features.

Quote Originally Posted by fawk View Post

upoopu is a brilliantly designed and fantastic website with elegantly developed graphs and intel display.. Pimp couldn't come even remotely close enough for a decent comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    No, I'm a rather forward face. I am also the guy behind the scenes of UtoNews. I was also the one that told Ice what tools to publish and which ones not to, so I take responsibility for that. Article space is limited, so I wanted to highlight some tools to gather interest and link to more for people to explore. Your tools are included in the linked ones, afaik.
    Okay, makes sense ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    The point of this thread is to advertise tools. So if you have a good one, why would you not want to? I have used your formatter before, but I was not actually aware you hosted any other tools. This is why I asked in my above post. This is not a troll, this is an inquiry. I'd actually appreciate you advertising your tool and telling the community about its features.
    That makes sense too. Well, here we go then ;-)

My other tools aren't really ready for public use, but we use them in my kingdom - helps me working on them in my spare time.
    I've asked Palem some time a go to update his link and remove the "work in progress" about Seraphim, as it haven't been changed for two ages now - nothing really changed that much to require change in the app. Seraphim has attack calculator, building calculator, has it's implementation for forum agent, although not working perfectly on 64 bit operating systems. Formats SoT, Survey, SoM, SoS, has clipboard manager, which is more like clipboard viewer at the moment as nobody actually needed more from it. The clipboard manager can change the formatted intel in a way possible to directly post in IRC.

That's about it ;-)

As any application, mine aren't bug-free, if you check the online formatter's page you'll see the fixes which came from user reports. I am always open for suggestions on how to make the tools better.

Post Demon
    So you have some tools in the making? In the making is always interesting. Whenever you're ready to bring those to the public, please PM me

Just read up a bit on your site. It looks pretty cool. I understand it to be an angel alternative, featuring support for Linux users. Is there any intention of supporting mac at some point? Also, any theories on what's causing issue with 64-bit OS? I'm a 64-bit OS user, so would you recommend in the meantime I do not use the tool, or is it only the forum agent part affected? Does your forum agent send kingdom pages?

nice post.

any chance anyone know off any android tools out there...
    Last edited by gravexyz; 12-02-2013 at 22:54. Reason: forgot to add something and miss read above

Ezzerland, the problem with the application is with the 64 bit OSes only and only with sending data with the forum agent. I know the cause, but I need to figure out something before it can be solved. I was following the original forum agent implementation, so no kingdom pages are being sent with it, but hey, that's not something which cannot be included. If you want, we could discuss in irc the way it could fit in both my tool and yours. I am trying to get away from the frames which Angel sets and that's one of the possible additions which would do that.

Seraphim is supposed to be portable, however I have no mac and thus not ready to support mac users really. As it would require some testing first, I cannot send it to someone to compile it for me either. And I am not sure how it'll look on android, that's still to be tested as well.

Thread Information