Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Utopia Tools: Check these out!

with the amount of us using android now to play from phones at work or while out not having tools in android is becoming a pain for more and more of us.
    somebody could probably make some money making one that worked
    ED
    Ex Rage
    Ex Havoc
    Ex Mercy
    Ex Ancients
    Ex Fratzia
    Ex Secrets

Post Demon
    @Eus: Have you considered a VM test environment for mac? I don't have a mac either, but I have kingdom mates that do and I know a tool like this would be useful. Obviously angel will not be moving in that direction ever, so the thuoght another tool might is enticing.

I have 0 problems working with another developer on tools. If you have an idea you think would benefit the community that you'd like to work on, please feel free to contact me and we can put heads together. I equally have no problem hosting other developers tools on AR. For example, Munks Province Simulator, and soon his target finder. If Seraphim could send Kingdom pages, we could set up any seraphim users to auto-post data to the TF, although I am currently writing a firefox extension for this already. I guess extensions are where it's at these days xD. In any case, this would still be useful, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by decoyboy View Post
    My issue with UpoopU was that it was not as easy (if it was possible at all) to track ops like you can easily do on Pimp. I couldn't tell who was contributing to fireballs, NS, and things like that.

Before upoop's last site update, you used to be able to track ops. Set it to go back "100 hrs" and compile all data on "XX:XX"

Would show a breakdown of each prov and tell you how many times they cast X spell.
    Worked for ops and intel.

Dont know why they dropped that feature with the new update. Perhaps it was underused, perhaps it was sort of to hidden for many ppl to find/use easily. (hint hint)

Kewl I didn't know Alliance Rankings got back up and running! I checked into that site about a year ago when I made my 4th comeback to Utopia only to find it closed down. Happy to hear they got it going again...gonna have to go check it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    @Eus: Have you considered a VM test environment for mac? I don't have a mac either, but I have kingdom mates that do and I know a tool like this would be useful.
    The problem with the macs is that it requires special hardware, thus it requires more of the virtual machine. I tried installing regular mac and a Hackintosh, but both ended up just before the installation. I don't really have the time at the moment to try it once again, but I do have something in mind for the future.

Utopia Seraphim | All-in-One formatter
    seraphim [ at ] home-world.org | irc.utonet.org -> #seraphim

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by maul View Post
    with the amount of us using android now to play from phones at work or while out not having tools in android is becoming a pain for more and more of us.
    somebody could probably make some money making one that worked

I wish to second that, Trying to attack from a phone is a PITA at best, a bounce at worst.
    A SoT, and SoM formater, with attack calculator would be a big step up, If you had something like Pimp and Angel that worked on the Droid would be awesome. A iPhone version as well and most Utopia players would be covered when they couldn't get to a real computer.
    De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
    (Don't wish ill for your enemy; plan it)

You need none of those.

Get a som.
    Enter def on war room.
    attack.

Whyever would you need a tool to do that?
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

from the Android you can't go back in your browser so you have to remember that som perfectly the first time you look at it.

Just copy the text or remember the number then - the SoM will have the exact defense on it if you send 10% of your thieves.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

So all that needs to be factored is town watch and random 3% factor?
    Thanks for a response in advance
    Net Change 666 runes
    Behead this advisor

TW is already factored in - everything is except the random factor. Sending the same offense as their defence is about an 85% success chance, 4% over is pretty much 100%.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    TW is already factored in - everything is except the random factor. Sending the same offense as their defence is about an 85% success chance, 4% over is pretty much 100%.
    **** now everyone knows

You need none of those.

Get a som.
    Enter def on war room.
    attack.

It's not so much about need, but there are a number of usability enhancements that are nice - especially with utools (coloring the KD page based on relative nw, listing active spells on throne and mystics page, etc) - that simply make playing the game easier and more enjoyable. Also the planning utilities in angel and utools are nice. Integrating these sorts of features into the game would certainly improve player experience.

You need none of those.

Get a som.
    Enter def on war room.
    attack.

You really don't even need angel anymore to attack.... as long as you have accurate intel. I can't tell you the last time I've actually used angel to calc an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Semadin View Post
    It's not so much about need, but there are a number of usability enhancements that are nice - especially with utools (coloring the KD page based on relative nw, listing active spells on throne and mystics page, etc) - that simply make playing the game easier and more enjoyable. Also the planning utilities in angel and utools are nice. Integrating these sorts of features into the game would certainly improve player experience.
    You have a calculator.. that's all you really need. It's not like you're playing WoW or CoD where the color etc actually makes a difference in your ability to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    You really don't even need angel anymore to attack.... as long as you have accurate intel. I can't tell you the last time I've actually used angel to calc an attack.
    i dont use any attack calculator. that and building are quite easy to do manually.

my kingdom uses www.utopiashrimp.com. same login info as pimp. pimp failed us during two wars last age. shrimp has proved more reliable for us.

awesome. time to kick some a$$e$ in alliance ranking arcade :-D
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Thread Information