Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KD Sizes:

Post Fiend
    newatthis:

And unless I'm mistaken, top charting/crowning KD's seem to be thinking the top warring KD's are noobs for not going for land/nw crowns. The sentiment being the same, about no matter who you beat of the warring KD's or if you reach #1 warring KD you still wont be a top KD since you haven't played with the big boys.

Whether the Dev's chose to decrease KD sizes or force everyone to be 25 prov's is up to them. My point was simply that people don't seem to be actively increasing their KD's sizes. (For whatever reason)

this is my first age with 25 actives. it took two full ages to build from 7 players to 25 but it can be done.
    Player History

-Returned in Age 55: "Happy Grasslands" Undead Cleric in WE KC (M)
    -Age 56: "Cortez the Killer" Elf Mystic in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 1st Half: "KC March of the Penguins" Avian Warrior in WE KC (M)
    -Age 57 2nd Half: "Granny Smith" Halfling Rogue in TFC
    -Age 58: "A Horse With No Name - America" Halfling Rogue in HRS Partial (S)
    -Age 59 1st Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in HRS
    -Age 59 2nd Half: "Birthday Cake Remix" Avian Cleric in AC
    (S)
    -Age 60 1st Half: "Beaver" Elf Mystic in AC (M)
    -Age 60 2nd Half: "I don t want" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 61: "trizzle my wizzle" Undead Tactician in Allstars
    -Age 62: "Tras19 is amazed by midgets" Dwarf Sage in Beastblood (CROWN x 2)
    -Age 63 yr 1-12: "To learn his Elfabet" Avian Merchant in Beastblood
    -Age 63 yr 12-14: "Thanks for the death Flogger" Orc Tactician in Beastblood
    -Age 64 yr 1-6: "Lust and Thrust" Halfling Rogue in PewPew
    -Age 65: "back yet again" Elf Merchant in Old Skool (M)
    -Return again in Age 67: "Whimsyton" Elf Merchant in the ghetto
    -Age 68 1st Half: "This Girl is on Shire" Halfling Rogue in The Shirish Mafia (M)
    -Return Yet Again in Age 76 2nd Half: "Happy Grasslands" Dark Elf Paladin in BOL
    -Age 77: "?" Human Sage in ? (M)

Noteworthy Achievments

*** Age 62: Books of War ... KD Land Crown and KD NW Crown Winner with Beastblood ***
    *** Was a member of The Faery Circle, yet have never played Faery ***
    *** Have never had a province die except once when I let Flogger province sit me for 24 hours in a war ***

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotun View Post
    And unless I'm mistaken, top charting/crowning KD's seem to be thinking the top warring KD's are noobs for not going for land/nw crowns. The sentiment being the same, about no matter who you beat of the warring KD's or if you reach #1 warring KD you still wont be a top KD since you haven't played with the big boys.
    The problem with the war chart (and the honor chart for that matter) is that it isn't a representation of skill. If you want to win the war chart you need to get as many wars as you possibly can and try to win as many of them as you can. It doesn't matter WHO you war or HOW you get your wins.

There's room for warring kds to gain respect when they earn it, such as ghetto cats beating pretty much everyone who came knocking including whoring kds and WHILE being gb'ed by multiple kds. However, getting to the top of a chart that measures how many wars you can get into doesn't really say anything about your ability to war.

Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    .....I've built decent KDs out of ghettos the hard way since years before Jerks were "Elite"....and even then it was easier to land good talent that randomly joined.....
    Firstly Jerks arn't Elite - they simply picked that as our kingdom name. We're elite at being jerks!

Secondly - it was harder to land good talent that randomly joined unless some1 went on a huge scripting mission as 'trading' was against game rules back then and the chances of someone 'randoming' into their desire loc was rather remote.

Kingdoms like EJ manage to keep 25 players (without having to sit empty provs etc) because some of us have been playing for the best part of 12yrs non stop and have made many good relationships with those that played under us but we also did not start off with 25 prov kingdoms.

I was lucking when I started that I randomed into a 24 prov kingdom on the BF server and lernt from there but would I continued to play if I randomed into a 10 prov kingdom that was not organised, no probly not.

Top kingdoms attract players because they have good leaders and they can learn from them regardless of kingdom size.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com | Utopia | UtopiaWiki | uTools
    YouTube: Official fuZZy Video | Official ZZ Theme Music
    Jerk by nature. 1 Bogdan to rule them all!

Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    this is my first age with 25 actives. it took two full ages to build from 7 players to 25 but it can be done.
    and it because of people like that we will end up having more competitive 25 proved kingdoms :)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The problem with the war chart (and the honor chart for that matter) is that it isn't a representation of skill. If you want to win the war chart you need to get as many wars as you possibly can and try to win as many of them as you can. It doesn't matter WHO you war or HOW you get your wins.

There's room for warring kds to gain respect when they earn it, such as ghetto cats beating pretty much everyone who came knocking including whoring kds and WHILE being gb'ed by multiple kds. However, getting to the top of a chart that measures how many wars you can get into doesn't really say anything about your ability to war.
    gosh, this been discussed 50 times, warring kds dont wanna sit 3/4 of the age in pump/whore mode, hence they dont get to war abs. Not saying they would win abs, or that they would crown if they tried. Just that you cant compare whoring kds with warring kds. They play 2 different games pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by NoseBlood View Post
    gosh, this been discussed 50 times, warring kds dont wanna sit 3/4 of the age in pump/whore mode, hence they dont get to war abs. Not saying they would win abs, or that they would crown if they tried. Just that you cant compare whoring kds with warring kds. They play 2 different games pretty much.
    at the end of the day warring is warring and theres only so many ways to war regardless if you're whoring or warring

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I bet whoring kds make more attacks in an age than a warring kd does.

warring kingdoms would get bored whoring for 2/3's of the age but apart from that I really dont see a difference in whoring vs warring kingdoms.

whoring kingdoms choose to whore then war last 1/3 of the age while warring kingdoms choose to war whenever.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

I agree about the war charts. It's sort of meaningless now.
    Someone suggested a "chess like system" where a KD got points etc (Not that I am very familiar about how the chess points works either), but I thought that would be sort of a nice idea.

Especially if the points stayed with a KD over ages, that way one could not repeatedly hide behind new KD names etc. Sure name would unfamiliar, but from the KD's war points you could sort of know the skill level of that KD.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    Who said this was between "you" and "me" <-- you just jumped at the chance of telling us how pro you are (or have been most likely?)
    Stop jacking the thread Donny. Pwease :P
    I'm not jacking the thread if I'm trying to stimulate some intelligent conversation on a topic that I'm familiar with. I guess if I had stayed in HoH last age then I too would just shrug people comments here. However now that I am experiencing this issue first hand after noticing a difference in leading a KD during the Legacy code and now post-Legacy code.

Now im wondering if the reason why the developers choose to allow recruitment only beyond 20 players would be so that the randoms that land in a top KD wouldn't be killed off since the probability that they are any good is slim. Of course you can't count on any top KDs to teach a nub the ropes of the game...so you have to pass the buck down to the ghetto.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Veteran
    1. There is difference from warring and WWing kds. Warring kds are two types
    - top chart: Phewpew, simians. Such kds war a lot. They dont always win, but they war a lot and they are in the upper part of charts between places 8-15.
    - honor chart: cats, freekstyle: these kds sometimes go into top charts land/net, but what is always true is they are going for honor crown as well. The usually have a perfect ww score, and sometimes win that chart

WWings kds are mainly 20-23 prov kds like Masks. These guys are warring a lot and win a lot. Simply because the biggest tier of kds is in 20-23 prov area. More kds, bigger chance to war, easier to win.

2. Whoring kds vs warring/ww kds.

More experience players have seen all that "Warring kds dont care about land we enjoy war, whoring is boring, we dont spend 2/3 of age pumping". But the facts are:

- warring kds pump more than whoring (simply cause they got 7 wars = 7 eocf periods).
    - There wee many land/net kds that went for warring/honor charts. Playboys, Brute Force and Sanctuary more recently, all stayed smalled for 1/2 of age and warred a lot, owning difference warring kds.
    - what are the arguments against whoring kds that cant war? I really don't see them. In fact the most intensive wars are the top wars. Honor wars are easy. You get chained, u rape honor on small acres. But top wars are not about honor, so it is way more difficult to handle.

Well i've seen land/net kds to win honor/ww charts. Still waiting to see a ww/warring kd into top 5 :).
    A Mother's advice - #forfun

Thumbs up

change kd size to 20, no stfu, change it.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

No. Changing it will accomplish nothing.
    It will MAYBE increase the number of good/decent kingdoms, and make those that suck already even worse.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pillz View Post
    No. Changing it will accomplish nothing.
    It will MAYBE increase the number of good/decent kingdoms, and make those that suck already even worse.
    take a chill pill steel bro =)

Thread Information