Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Mminimum gains will be reduced by 50%"

Lightbulb "Mminimum gains will be reduced by 50%"

"In War the minimum gains will be reduced by 50%"

Hi guys, I have a question about this - what does it really mean?
    Could I get some example what this does compared to how it used to be last age?

Thanks a lot! (:

I assume im regards to land gained for WW. Top 10 KDs shutting bricks cause WW KD catch up to non WW KD. Basically bottom feeders complaining about unfairness. *rolls eyes*
    Last edited by Shifty11; 13-02-2013 at 17:39.

Strategy Moderator
    i means if im 30k acres and i hit a guy whose 1000 acres instead of getting something like 0.03*1000=30 acres i get 15 acres.

edit....

For exact concept see
    Attack Gains = Target Resource * Attack Type * PNF * KNF * GBP * GS * Race * Stance * Relations * Science * Target Stance
    (Formula found at http://wiki.utopia-game.com/index.ph..._%26_Defending)

Outside of war PNF can be equal to zero.

However in war the PNF=max (War PNF,0.03) that's getting changed to PNF=max (War PNF,0.015). The net effect is that banks cant feed as hard. It should also slightly alter how easy it is to top feed and how much damage u do when hitting someone on zero def.

FYI "min gain" has never been 3%, last age if an avain hit u while runing 50% GS in war your gains were much lower than 3%.
    Last edited by Persain; 13-02-2013 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    i means if im 30k acres and i hit a guy whose 1000 acres instead of getting 0.03*1000=30 acres i get 15 acres.
    OK so it's ONLY the minimum gain? What if I hit someone that I would last age get a gain of 0.04 from...? Would it then still be 0.04 x 1000 or would it be something like 0.037 x 1000 with this new age's system?

A spread that large you wouldn't gain anything.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by elias View Post
    OK so it's ONLY the minimum gain? What if I hit someone that I would last age get a gain of 0.04 from...? Would it then still be 0.04 x 1000 or would it be something like 0.037 x 1000 with this new age's system?
    i edit'ed my other post to be clearer... but it only effects minimum gains not expected gains, if your expected gains were 4% land u still gain 4% land...there should be no alteration to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifty11 View Post
    A spread that large you wouldn't gain anything.
    In war u would.

It means the minimum of the base gains is reduced. If you consider minimum gains as a penalty to the normal base gains, then reducing minimum gains is reducing the penalty. If your base attack gain is 100, your minimum should be 80. Now it would be a higher minimum gain since the minimum (penalty) is reduced.

Thats not what it means, it means exactly what it says. Minimum gains, i.e the minimum you will gain, is reduced by 50%.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

soooo less? oooor more?
    I R BABOOM!

Forum Addict
    Minimum traditional march gains were 3.6% (30% of the 12% base gains, for more see the guide) in war.

Minimum plunder gains were 15% gold in war (30% of the 50% base gains).

Not sure what minimum massacre or learn gains were, but massacre had pretty good kills even when hitting someone way out of range. For learn I suppose the same 30% might have been true.

Conquest was somewhat weird too.

Usual modifiers applied to those gains (bonuses such as racial bonus, science, GS).

I believe that they must have halved those gains to 15% of base (so 1.8% land, 7.5% gold, etc).

Forum Addict
    And with a well-built cow province you could attack ~3x a day for some rather nice gains. For example, you could get 1k acres off 6k acre targets in a typical 4x. You could also massacre for faster attack time and great pop kills to open up provs.

I don't think this is some kind of trick by the developers.
    I think it means that whatever your Minimum Gains on an Attack were last Age, they will be cut in half this Age.
    So if you were going to gain between 100 and 150 acres on a Traditional March Attack last Age then you can expect to gain between 50 and 150 Acres this Age.
    The change does not effect the Maximum Gains at all.
    Only the minimums.
    This is going to be the same on all other Attacks.
    I don't know the math formulas used to calculate these things, but I do understand English fairly well.
    The change states that however you figured your gains on attacks last Age, if you use that same method this Age, at the end of your calculations you will have a Minimum and Maximum Gain, e.g. between Min and Max Acres.
    This Age simply DIVIDE THE Min BY 2.
    OR MULTIPLY BY .5.
    However you want to do it, it is the same.
    I think everyone is over-thinking this way too much.
    MINIMUM GAINS ARE HALF OF WHAT THEY WERE LAST AGE.

Example.

I am 2000 acres and i am hitting a 200 acre province. The minimum gain i would get was roughly 6 acres last age. This age it is 3. The change has no effect unless you were hitting the hardcapped minimum gain.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

lol woohoo thanks for clearing that up bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Example.

I am 2000 acres and i am hitting a 200 acre province. The minimum gain i would get was roughly 6 acres last age. This age it is 3. The change has no effect unless you were hitting the hardcapped minimum gain.

Yes perfect! Thank you! (:

Thread Information