Thread: Demand a Plan's Hidden Agenda

Demand a Plan's Hidden Agenda

This is a really long article, I had originally posted the whole thing, but I'll let people just use the link if they wish to read it.

http://freedomwillreign.wordpress.co...demand-a-plan/
    Last edited by Frappy; 16-02-2013 at 19:10.

I have links! Joy joy!

Right, a 2 page rant about why you must own a gun.
    - zilyana -
    - Future Owner of the coveted Nubhat -
    - Screw-Up Extroadinaire -

Quote Originally Posted by crease View Post
    Right, a 2 page rant about why you must own a gun.
    Actually it's about Demand A Plan organization, not reasons to own a gun. Truth be told I don't own any firearms, they're not for me. The reason I'm not for banning them is that I've studied history and know what happens to a populace that's unable to defend itself. Not very pretty. No way or fashion am I trying to convince anyone to purchase a weapon.

blablablah, I want to own big guns (in case the deer shoot back) blablablah

Frappy, just look at Europe. Regulating guns isn't a bad thing as long as your police isn't corrupt
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Frappy View Post
    The reason I'm not for banning them is that I've studied history and know what happens to a populace that's unable to defend itself.
    What happens? Sweet FA is all. Populace can easily be armed without giving idiots access to automatic weapons. What do you think you are arming yourself against anyway.

edit: lol, read that whole doc. What a pile of drivel. "Freedom" my ass.
    Last edited by Bishop; 18-02-2013 at 14:09.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

It's 'freedom' to scare the **** out of people so you can sell them arms at inflated prices :P

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; a well armed and well regulated militia being the best security of a free country but no person religiously scrupulous of bearing arms shall be compelled to render military service in person.
    The constitution talks about a well regulated militia. It doesn't say trigger happy retards should be allowed to bear arms.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    It's 'freedom' to scare the **** out of people so you can sell them arms at inflated prices :P

The constitution talks about a well regulated militia. It doesn't say trigger happy retards should be allowed to bear arms.
    That's the constitution written when you could, at best, fire 1 round every 20 seconds right? Even if it said trigger happy retards should be allowed to bear arms its not infallible. Change it.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    That's the constitution written when you could, at best, fire 1 round every 20 seconds right? Even if it said trigger happy retards should be allowed to bear arms its not infallible. Change it.
    Also to be certain there was a lot more risk of war on home soil. Some fear that if your population doesn't have guns the big bad british might come down from the north and conquer you. I wouldnt be surprised if the government back then encouraged the general populace to have guns/ammo.

Anyway 100% of countries with gun homicide rates lower then the USA are in south america / africa. I beleive that says enough about not having gun laws. To think im more likely to get shot in miami then moscow

Regular
    Guns = Violence. Violence = Power. The more people with power the better. Give it all to one man or 5 men, or 100, now you have a problem. You can say that words have more power, but only because they can persuade many people to use violence. I submit as evidence all of human and animal history. Violence is the ultimate expression of power. Has been, will always be. Just because your a coward and are afraid of other people having power, or even afraid of yourself doesn't mean you have the right to deny it to others.

Of all things you would ban this, for safety? Madness. Fatty food kills 1000x as many people, lets ban that if we are looking for safety. Next up cigarettes. After that cars and booze, not even only when combined, individually all these things kill ppl in far greater magnitudes /year than guns. Either this is for safety or it isn't. Make up your minds.

Win the war, decide who lives and who dies, write the history. How did you win? What tools did you use? What did the tools do?

Thank the man in the sky I don't live in Canada. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5uflsvQs
    Last edited by thephatman; 15-03-2013 at 12:07.

Government has much bigger things to worry about then gun violence most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by thephatman View Post
    Guns = Violence. Violence = Power. The more people with power the better. Give it all to one man or 5 men, or 100, now you have a problem. You can say that words have more power, but only because they can persuade many people to use violence. I submit as evidence all of human and animal history. Violence is the ultimate expression of power. Has been, will always be. Just because your a coward and are afraid of other people having power, or even afraid of yourself doesn't mean you have the right to deny it to others.

Of all things you would ban this, for safety? Madness. Fatty food kills 1000x as many people, lets ban that if we are looking for safety. Next up cigarettes. After that cars and booze, not even only when combined, individually all these things kill ppl in far greater magnitudes /year than guns. Either this is for safety or it isn't. Make up your minds.

Win the war, decide who lives and who dies, write the history. How did you win? What tools did you use? What did the tools do?

Thank the man in the sky I don't live in Canada. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibT5uflsvQs
    should we compare 1 story of a poor choice by prosecutors to dozens of stories of school shootings in the USA and then try to determine which is worst?

All those are choice you can make on your own, somebody coming and putting a bullet in your is nothing you have control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    All those are choice you can make on your own, somebody coming and putting a bullet in your is nothing you have control over.
    I would argue that it is pretty impossible to avoid junk food. Its so cheap and tasty.

It is a shame that cheap foods are almost all super high in sugar. Be it chips/fastfood/white rice/white pasta/raman etc. So I mean just being poor your going to be attracted to those foods for the taste and the price. I would certainly approve a tax on unhealthy foods and then a tax break for healthy foods. Hard to administer though.

Thats why poor people in US are so fat :D

Thread Information