Thread: Undead Mystic?

Undead Mystic?

How good would an undead mystic be this age? And how would you build it?

I'm sure I'll end up in a (semi)ghetto, so might just as well only look out for myself, meaning I will focus on both a decent attacking force and a high wpa...

I had something like this in mind:

Prot:

25% Banks
    25% Guilds
    25% Arms
    10% Homes
    15% rest

Casual:

10% Banks
    15% Guilds
    20% TG
    16% Rax
    10% Homes
    15% WT
    7% Towers
    7% something

Will probably draft my usual 65%.

Ideas?

i would re roll elf. simply because it will be harder for you to hold onto honor and you won't benefit from magic sci as much.
    not to mention it will probably be pretty dang hard to cast meteors without a wpa bonus.
    Net Change 666 runes
    Behead this advisor

But I don't wanna be an Elf. I almost always play Elf, with any perso...

Would UD mystic be able to mass fireball and chastity while still being a real attacker?

yes, and if it gets chained then it just becomes a stronger mage. with cs and wts, its not a terrible way to go. you may not need it to cast a ton of ms, in that case, its semi viable. sci bonus does hurt, cant deny that.
    What does 1337 mean?

Using Mystic on Undead is a waste of personality since you are only going for the double guild effects. You can still excel as an AM with FBs + Chastity without being Mystic. Just do a wiz pump with mass Guilds to achieve 2-3WPA will do since your targets are fellow attackers with probably 1WPA.

You will probably need a lot more towers than 7% for your FBs + self spells though. I've seen provinces make this work very well indeed.

Post Fiend
    Problem is once you're chained and NW diff kicks in plus low guilds % you're gonna fail alot of ops. That's when you'll regret Mystic as pers. Assuming you'll get chained ofc

Regular
    Undead mystic here. At the beginning of wars i have no problem fireballing and casting chastity on most non mages. But then one of two things happen. I either get chained or i don't. If i get chained the NW difference starts to kill my success rate. If i don't get chained i get fat, which also kills my success rate. I can usually get chastity off after a few casts, but it can take a lot of mana/runes and needs to be recast often

Quote Originally Posted by jsmeaze View Post
    Undead mystic here. At the beginning of wars i have no problem fireballing and casting chastity on most non mages. But then one of two things happen. I either get chained or i don't. If i get chained the NW difference starts to kill my success rate. If i don't get chained i get fat, which also kills my success rate. I can usually get chastity off after a few casts, but it can take a lot of mana/runes and needs to be recast often
    I think your WPA is a little too low if you fail your spells more often. Focus on FBs on weaker wpa attackers who aren't the chain targets. It's always more difficult for UD to pull off as an AM because of bad sciences, but they should have reasonable success against pure attackers like fellow UDs and Orcs.

Needs to get out more
    Have you considered ud rogue? This age, the ability to kidnap can be of value in a semi-ghetto. TPA is a more controllable quantity. A/M may find Orc reflection an alarming peasant exterminator with no ability to replenish.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Moredhel View Post
    How good would an undead mystic be this age? And how would you build it?

I'm sure I'll end up in a (semi)ghetto, so might just as well only look out for myself, meaning I will focus on both a decent attacking force and a high wpa...

I had something like this in mind:

Prot:

25% Banks
    25% Guilds
    25% Arms
    10% Homes
    15% rest

Casual:

10% Banks
    15% Guilds
    20% TG
    16% Rax
    10% Homes
    15% WT
    7% Towers
    7% something

Will probably draft my usual 65%.

Ideas?
    I wouldn't recommend playing hybrid with UD.

Ud, mystic is terrible choice
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Post Fiend
    Ideas?

Switch all Training Grounds to Guard Stations. Vampires hit for 7 raw. Switch all Barracks to either Guilds for Wizard massing or Watch Towers to protect said Wizards. Build 7% something as extra Banks. Ive never tried Dungeons but they would suit Undead. Make them Homeless too.

Thread Information