Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Depressing!

So bizarre, somehow cut off my paragraph...

Anyway, I was going to say that provinces in war are generated free honor based on the duration of the war.

For example: Two KDs that have gotten to the free 1800 honor mark go to war against each other and make equal attacks (for the sake of my point, they Mutual Peace at the end of 7 days) All provinces from both KDs would likely at least be a Baron by the end of the war.

This MIGHT also scale with Free Credits & Books, that I HAVEN'T verified.

So think of the juicy rewards that you will get for staying the duration. :P
    Last edited by Shifty11; 28-02-2013 at 18:20.

Regular
    Oh it's all good, we'll keep hitting them until it's over. They have a monarch now, so it's whatever. If they don't want to surrender, then we'll just destroy them. Period.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by groslm View Post
    hmmm i was quite serious for a change to many guys have already lost sense of realty. And this has lead already enough times to drama's so yes i'm serious when i tell ya to get more social activity when your telling us your depressed from a game.

For the record and all here from Belgium will be able to confirm that is the current trial of a guy who lost sense of reality and went to a children day care with the intension to murder them all they could stop him but sadly enough there were casualties. And believe it is the job of everone in any gaming community to give signals to each other when someone is on the edge of this.
    Seriously?
    You think he's on the edge because he wants to ventilate his frustration about cheaters? (maybe frustration is even too strong)
    Depressing (situation) =/= being depressed as a person.

And Kim De Gelder has absolutely nothing to do with this matter. Millions of people play online games, a decent amount do play on a more serious basis. You really think he lost his sense of reality by playing the games? Why doesn't it happen to all those other people?
    Why aren't there more of such cases? Yeah yeah he's not the first murderer linked to games or metal or w/e, but percentage wise it's close to nothing (doesn't make it less bad ofc). He is just one individual, but one who's sick in the head.
    Did he become insane by playing those games too serious? Or was he already insane to start with?
    People are influenced a lot by their environment. If his only environment was games, is that his fault to start with?

He said he did those things to take revenge on society.
    Shouldn't you wonder what society did to him in the first place (or at least what he thinks society did to him)? Was he abused? Was he badly raised? Was he bullied? Does he have mental issues? ...
    Don't get me wrong, it doesn't justify his actions.

I don't know the answers and I don't know I will ever know or understand his way of thinking.
    But please, please don't come here to compare someone who finds it sad that some people feel the need to cheat in a game and felt the need to share (OMG, look: a social online activity!) this with his fellow Utopia players on one side with someone who is sick in his head on the other side.
    Also, isn't Utopia one of the most social online games around? Up to 25 people cooperating and sharing the same cause by playing in the same KD. Not to speak of IRC chats. Some people even meet each other in real life! (I met 20 other players so far)

Besides the fact that you don't really know anything about how Kim De Gelder thinks, you also have no clue how JimmyMoon is like as a person.
    So is it possible to think first next time before you post?

@ JimmyMoon: Just keep PWNing until the 7 days are over and you get auto-win! If you have enough acres allready, you can always mix in some learns even for small amounts of books cause it's better than nothing :p If they have inactives, mix in some plunders. Or do massacres on high thief provs so you can steal more easy.
    You might not even need the full 4 day EOWCF, since you're able to build up for a big part in war allready.

PS: I'm from Belgium btw
    Last edited by Red; 01-03-2013 at 15:55. Reason: PS thingie
    Silly

Regular
    LMAO!!!! Update!: The KD finally managed to get a monarch... And instead of surrendering... He leaves. They're down to 2 provs that we've seen online, 5 provs total, one that according to their news that I snatched slipped away xD

@ Red, I like you, you seem to be a very sensible fellow :)
    That's what we've been doing, we just keep up the random attacks, plunders and learns. It's almost done, they can't have but another few days. I have a feeling that within 2 days, there will only be two provinces left.
    Does this mean that my team are Kingdom Killers? :D
    Last edited by JimmyMoon; 01-03-2013 at 16:21.

On the topic of the potential of increased violence by playing games there are no conclusive studies that suggest any such thing. Stop spreading false information. In general stop spouting nonsense about things you have no insight in.

- 2nd Semester Master Student, specializing in games and interactive media.

Oh you told him! On a completely unrelated note, I just finished playing some grand theft auto and I'm off to go beat some hookers with a baseball bat IRL, bbl.

Regular
    Update: they finally managed to elect a monarch again, and this one actually surrendered.

Postaholic
    Gratz!
    Enjoy the free books and credits :-)
    Silly

Regular
    Thank you. It also helps that most of us already began our wizzy pump so we may take the whole CF time to straight SCI pump ^_^

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by GTM Shade View Post
    Oh you told him! On a completely unrelated note, I just finished playing some grand theft auto and I'm off to go beat some hookers with a baseball bat IRL, bbl.
    likely he just voted for himself, and with no one else to challenge his claim, was elected! :P I would definitely say your situation isn't NORMAL, but it would be nice if a mod could step in on these occasions and save time.

Postaholic
    well, seems like multis got deleted so they did what they had to.

Besides taking such actions, there is no reason for them to get involved. Nowadays you can force autowins, so if that's what it takes to win than you'll just have to do so...
    Silly

Thread Information