Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EoA - but wait age is pretty new?

Veteran

EoA - but wait age is pretty new?

I'm seeing it out for my kingdom, no rollback when i pay for credits and such to feel that the community isn;t even considered concerning a rollback in this kind of situation. Well it makes me feel sick and wonder why i have let myself be treated this way as in every other aspect of my life it would have been cut out along time ago.

I guess I wanted to stay because of the community of friends I have and have had. I also always enjoyed the challenge of trying to perfect my playing and tactics. But yeah last age for me currently it seems.

I may not register as much but thats a very minute dent in your income over this.

I imagine this has the chance of being locked or deleted, dunno how high the chance is. It'll just help prove me right though.

sorry if this bored anyone

Post Fiend
    whats a rollback ?

Veteran
    game gets put back to an early state in time, reverting all provinces to before amajor game error occured

We don't do rollbacks for minor issues.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    not everyone agrees its a minor issue. its an issue that affected the whole server giving some major advantages and soem major penalties.

On a balance scale it alone should consist of a major issue, if no-one got changes at all for 3 ticks then i might agree it was minor.

being able to affect the outcome of a war isn't minor to most people either

to not even give the remote chance of listening to members of your community, its a bad business idea.

Hey I'm a conspiracy theorist....now the msot logical reaosn u won;t do a rollback is time and effort which is lacking.

The next is that you no longer keep a database and its actually impossible to now rollback the server

The third is a bit more out there.....there is paid for cheating each age behind to doors to keep the server costs covered, which included some maintenace designed to help a certain kingdom or two with strategically built provinces get a major boost. This bug would then be whitewashed and no rollback would occur and no -one would be the wiser.

Anyway what i said stands and i know u don;t care so maybe some othe rpeople will
    Last edited by TitanReborn; 27-02-2013 at 18:13.

Forum Addict
    Minor?

I don't think it's a minor issue.
    Alot of the Provinces in our Kingdom were hurt.
    We are in a War and that was affected also.
    I think most Provinces in a War would agree that any issue that causes resource or troop loss without apparent reason is a major issue.
    Most certainly not a minor issue.

Veteran
    ty for your support members of the community

i have played many online games and even been a moderator in one.... but i have never seen even a low rated #&@€$! game threat its players as bad as utopia while demanding so much from them.
    any other game would freeze the server while theres a bug with enormus effect on the game play that effects the vast majority off the game.
    many would even compensate with credits.....
    ive lost all my respect for this game now...

edit : how is it a minor issue when an entire kd is practically "chained" due to 1 province being so?
    some kds been robbed in manners a chained prov gets.... no ops,peasant,horses,gold,food is just the tip off an iceberg....

is it a minor issue if 100s off people overloads the server by web attacks too? (please lemme know)

and every player in the game just spamms the forum with hate threads about the moderators? (cause that gets undone...)
    Last edited by HELLOWORLD; 27-02-2013 at 18:29.

Enthusiast
    Not going to quit over it, but only because I like the people I play with, if I was random ghetto hopping then yes I would just go back to not playing again especially when we live in a time that browser games/apps are 10 a penny and the market is over saturated with ways to fill in time the same way utopia does.

Bishop, I hope to god you don't do PR for the company, why would you even say it's a "minor" issue? Makes me think that either;

- You don't actually give a damn about people who play the game.
    - You don't like people whining at you so would rather act defensive and hostile than take ownership of the problem.
    - You honestly have no idea how badly this effected some people.

im still not getting pezzies im far too getting max pop!! What is happening??

dont expect mods to do any work around here, other than spam and hand out bans for questioning them...

2 ticks out of 2100 didnt work well for some people. We don't do rollbacks unless they are absolutely necessary for the game to continue, this isn't the case here.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Veteran
    except the bug vastly changed the game for a major period of time because of it, it is therefore technically a different game than it would have been, I don;t consider the game is vcontinuing, jsut bugging and becoming useless for the res tof the age because of it.

for the game to continue in the form it should have, would require a rollback

.01% of the games ticks is not a major portion of time and the issue did not affect everyone. I get that you aren't happy, but no matter which we we go about it a group of people will be pissed off. The games policy to not roll back stands.

Thread Information