Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealing with an oversized prov who declared war on own kd

Dealing with an oversized prov who declared war on own kd

We have a dwarf province who seeks only to destroy our kd from within. I originally thought he may be a farm, but instead he is committed to ruining our kd for no logical or reasonable reason. He is 100% defensive and continues to grow beyond our reach. He has never communicated even once, though he is highly active and reads everything, and he messaged kds yesterday to let everyone know I had low defense since I stretched to break him. We are () and only have 7 provs total. There is no way we can continue playing or have any chance at having a fun war with him around.

This guy is a worst-case, selfish player who is a virus in our kd - and gains nothing from it. Our guys are too small to deal with him and asking for outside help has proved ineffective. He just grows, trains def, boosts tpa, and builds WTs. The fun aspect of the game has been killed for all of us and we want to continue playing together. What options do I have to try and save my kd?
    Last edited by Bishop; 07-03-2013 at 20:17.

If he is truly 100% defense, he will get farmed by top kingdoms, assuming he has reached that size range. You can speed this process along by requesting help from top kd hitters. In the meantime, just fireball him.
    S E C R E T S

Veteran
    None of you can fireball him? If he is just growing as fast as he can then he can't have very good wpa.
    pew pew. Absolutely none of my nubs speak for my kingdom.

Enthusiast
    He isn't necessarly going to attack intra-kd. Unless perhaps he is provoked.
    A lot of people just like exploring and they love gaining a few thousand acres.
    I know i was that way when i first started, i just tried to get as big as possible, without any concern for the ghetto i was in.

Based on his actions, I'm confident he knows what he's doing. A noob would train at least some offense or leets, and his build further suggests his knowledge of the game. I was very surprised when I heard back from Utopia Moderators saying they didn't think he was cheating. Everything about him suggests farm, but the attack history from same provs is minimal. He consistently kept nwa in the 120 range to maximize economy and has completely silent all age. I've had farms before that acted the same, not speaking is definitely common for cheater. The frustration gets worse with the fact that he won't just leave and play elsewhere, there's no reason for any of this. Been going on for several days now. I messaged several monarchs and about 80-90 individual provs to ask for help and he's still too big. Our TMs are minimally effective and we're understaffed. I know the logical thing is to just move on to another kd but we would like to continue playing together. I'm just confused and running out of options.

If he is training all defense he most certainly does not know what he's doing, and is extremely likely a total nub. Either that or he is a farm for another province as suggested, but running farms isn't worth the hassle anymore.

Also, I'm looking at your kingdom right now and he's not even the biggest prov there, so what's the issue?
    S E C R E T S

the problem is sending that much offense leaves hardly any def home. i suspect soviet will do the same thing and message a bunch of people to tell them how low our def is backed with some lies. did that to me yesterday and i was chained pretty bad. def-only dwarf is no match for halfling offense unless much bigger in size. i always play halfling and even with 18% TG (and 15% fort), stables, 'aggressive' pez riding horses, etc. we still come up short without suiciding. our top guys are all halfers and smaller one is unresponsive for a couple days now

Regular
    Logged in just to reply here(hates this crap)
    if reading this correct , you r halfling around same size , ns him , you may have to be very determined and burn your thvs and stealth but some are gonna get thru , make it a kdm effort , fb, try nados see how much damage , determine if worth it , beleive nm can also be cast intra , anything you can do to harass food supply , be relentless , also put on kdm banner free hits #### , if go at him with everything u can , his nwpa is gonna drop eventually , someone gonna hit him when they see that and banner , sux i know but if kdm is determined , eventually problem should go away , harass the punk , kdm having a single goal until hes gone , otherwise he is laughing at everyone in the kdm .

Smart thinking with the banner, I'm gonna make that now. I guess you're right we gotta be more relentless with what we're doing, especially with the ops. Question though...is it a violation of player rules in any way to do what he's doing? to intentionally and blatantly ruin the game for others?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No.

You could argue that you're ruining the game for him by that logic.

Forum Addict
    Look, if you can't get your kingdom organized enough to kill off a noob like that, it's not worth your playtime anyway.

Get your guys organized. Get your halfers to 10tpa raw and shred him to little pieces with thievery ops. Make sure your provinces are built well (thieves are real thieves, mages are real mages) and you won't have any problems.

we still come up short without suiciding. <-- that's your problem, you don't understand what 'suiciding' and 'chaining' means

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by tcarp View Post
    Smart thinking with the banner, I'm gonna make that now. I guess you're right we gotta be more relentless with what we're doing, especially with the ops. Question though...is it a violation of player rules in any way to do what he's doing? to intentionally and blatantly ruin the game for others?
    Beware that others might not see things like you, and decide to attack you instead. I am personally not siding much with your part of the story. Not playing myself, but I understand he is an explorer in a kingdom of 7 provinces, and you want to kill everybody you don't like much. It is ok, but the rest don't have to agree or help you.

.well if your only with seven it might be worth considering just using the recruiting tools to find a more suiting kingdom, there are enough half dencent kingdoms around who are looking for some more active players who are favouring team play.

Forum Addict
    Just defect. Let him talk to himself and read his own post. I believe there are many kingdoms out there still recruiting

Regular
    You all must of missed the fact that he wants to play in a kingdom together but there is just one that isn't helping their situation.

Thread Information