Page 1 of 74 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil Dragons...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Enthusiast

Evil Dragons...

Use your imagination as either I fail or you can't add images...

Once upon a time in a far far away land there lived an Evil Drag... Wait no, that's the wrong story.

Evil Dragons has returned and it seems that utopia has turned into a far greener and pleasant land over the passing years, filled with fluffy bunnies and candy canes on every tree, where people line up and throw gentle slaps towards each-other before getting into anything close to a war.

Naturally being Dragons and Evil ones at that, this will not do. We're here to see the fields set alight and looking for any brave knights who wish to lay claim to the dragons spoils for taking it's scalp (we're talking nudies of the highest order including the fabled "Parths ass with ED on it").

So far we've only managed to raze kill one land dropper and reset a few provs after wars, to speedup the process of getting wars we hereby serve notice on any KD within what, I dunno +/-20% range [?] (Yes we're so ghetto we don't even know all the mechanics yet woop woop) who believes they're a warring KD of good standing and not some ghetto bashing punks [it would be nice if you'd kindly get a SN before deciding to wave us on the odd chance more than one KD finds it's balls, cheers].

Oh and we're also calling out Strippers; some said they disbanded and have setup a cheese making factory in Luxembourg, some people say they're still playing but afraid to tag-up, all I know is they're the sti... On our list.

Tell Shockwave to use IRC more often.

Also, from the time I started playing until ED disband they had a total of like 3 notable wars, and one was only notable because half the server razed them for farming the honor crown from BeWare. I hope that this version of ED is less boring and pathetic than the last.

they got cheese <3 :)
    Snakes
    PewPEW
    Divinity
    Emeriti

Non of my nubs speak for my KD

You mean Cheese plays there? RIP nu-ED.

wow u guys actually summoned the dinosaurs? either way good to see a competitive kd come back

maybe get a few more practice rounds in before u come to the stripclub =P
    Debauchery

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceLee View Post
    wow u guys actually summoned the dinosaurs? either way good to see a competitive kd come back

maybe get a few more practice rounds in before u come to the stripclub =P

Seems like the Stripclub is closed :(

Need more time to learn how to strip properly? 5 ghetto lessons not enough? ;)

Allow me to provide an update on the situation from our end of things:

First of all, for 3 ages our kd has been called Strippers. Our first age was in age 53 we ended up winning the war crown. We don't consider ourselves a top or super kingdom, we are basically a glorified ghetto that plays well together and has fun along the way. This kd was named Strippers by a player who no longer plays with us, so we decided we wanted to permanently change our kd name to Debauchery. We have been tagged as such all age and you can find us in #debauchery on UtoNet.

Last age right near the end we were tagged MSG for WAR and the kd of ED and friends offered us a war which we quickly agreed. We were 25 players at the time and ED was either 20/21. We were surprised to have an offer from a kd with a player disadvantage like that, but on the flip side they had some pretty large provinces in their kd. We accepted the war under their monarchs terms of "the kd who is up in acres at 72 hours will win". A strange set of terms seeing as we never measure the winner of a war by acre exchange alone (instead we compare starting/current NW, and the status of provs in each kd ie. UBs). After 48 hours we were certain we had won, and instead of waiting for the 72 hour mark we sent the king of ED a (overly cocky) message that we should wrap things up and we can exchange tips/suggestions in war forums. In no way did we mean to be condescending or rude, although in hindsight we now realize what we may have sounded like. In our defense, almost every war we exchange some tips with the enemy kd to improve their overall game and increase the number of challenging kds out there. We also appreciate hearing from the opposing kd where we could improve. When ED surrendered, one of their players began posting sarcastic "suggestions" for us, and a flame war began. ED made claims to discredit our victory, while we poked fun at the fact that we had never heard of ED or their accomplishments in the past. As far as I am concerned, both kds acted childish towards one another, but both are equally at fault.

Fast forward to this age, and this very thread. ED makes it public that they are looking for us. We are not hiding. Anybody with irc can see there is only 1 user who has ~ on both strippers and debauchery channel, the connection is pretty easy to make. We entertain ourselves in the war forums, both kds go back and forth (see pages 1 to 5). ED makes it clear their intentions to rematch us, and we like the idea. We both have our eyes on each other, but while we are seeking war ED is still in one, and vise verse. Finally, after our 5th war win, we grow large enough to have a war with ED. They have been pumping comfortably at 39k acres, we just barely made 38k from the win. During our 4th day of CF ED makes 15 plunders into our kd and steals lots of gold. We do not complain about hitting into our war.

A few hours before we come OOW, we send a message to ED king explaining that we are interested in rematching them, but that they should give us 96 hours to get ready. If ED truly thinks they are the better kd, we expected them to offer us a fair war. We beat them last age, and were confident we could do it again. I tell ED that if they want a war, give us some time. But if they just wave us out the gate, there is no chance that our kd will be as strong as them. On the hour we came OOW, ED switches aggressive stance and begins waving. We are in forty and tagged NO WAR. A few messages have been exchanged with various players in either kds. Most of us are saying "let us fight on even strength", most of them are saying "you don't get to have the moral high ground after your actions last age. You also mistake our intent in trying to play for a "fair" war we have nothing to prove in waring you this is the simple self gratifying act of vengeance."

We were looking forward to rematching ED as they are finally 25 players. Right now we are basically 23 players, although we would not have mentioned that as an excuse if we had lost. As of right now, the points on the meter are 124-0 and ED has an open CF from us. We are not doing any ops or attacks back on their kd to show that we genuinely will not war while weakened in this state. We are all still interested in warring with ED, but if these are the tactics they need to use to win wars, I find it quite sad really.

ED: you guys truly are the better kd. As you have said previous, we are simply ghetto-bashers. It is sad that you need to have so many advantages over a kd as casual as ours. We are looking forward to the day that you offer us a fair war.
    Last edited by SillyRabbit; 29-03-2013 at 13:22.

Enthusiast
    Nothing in your post hasn't been said already.

There is no diplomacy to be done on public forums and it is irrelevant if people feel sorry for you or not.

You're well aware of why we are acting as we are, we gave you notice weeks ago and you yourself posted how "bad our tactics are", you've had enough time to plan and be ready for us. We didn't chose to jump you after a war to be "unfair" but rather this is the first time we've been OOW knowing location.

Saying you've been growing into our range flies in the face of the fact you've been razed by outside KDs on multiple occasions to land drop.
    Last edited by silverfox; 29-03-2013 at 13:49.

Regular
    Sorry, we can't really hear you over the sound of you not pushing the button.

Regular
    yeah, forgot to mention last age, after we agreed to war (while ED was still in post war CF after a brutal war) i had half my gold stolen (around 3.5mil) BY strippers/debauchery

we just assumed that was the way you played

EDIT: add 2mil from another prov
    8 million from one other!!!!
    on top of other smaller amounts from others
    so lets say you took 15million off us during our EOWCF, then you waved us a few minutes after we came oow

why is that unfair this time?
    Last edited by Forensick; 29-03-2013 at 13:56.
    Dragons be Evil

A few hours before we come OOW, we send a message to ED king explaining that we are interested in rematching them, but that they should give us 96 hours to get ready.
    So you want 8 days to prepare? Honestly, if you couldnt get prepared in the 4 days eowcf, 4 more days wouldnt have helped much.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensick View Post
    we just assumed that was the way you played
    It is the way they play they're still doing it this age, stealing gold from people who are in eowcf.

Seriously, asking for 4 days to pump after a 4 day of end of war CF at the tail end of a short war? Whether or not that's "fair" it's just plain stupid. A day, maybe two max, to convert build may be reasonable, but in my mind that is what the 4 days after the war are for. I was able to grow 130% in a war over a week long, then afterwards rebuild twice and train up from ~25% draft to 70% in under 5 days.

As for the grudge, Utopia has always been a game where if you piss somebody off one age, you risk getting payback in future ages. So my tip for the war you had with ED last age, as I wasn't playing at that point, if you expect being treated by your definition of fairness then don't piss off kingdoms you aren't sure you will have the upper hand on age after age.

Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    During our 4th day of CF ED makes 15 plunders into our kd and steals lots of gold. We do not complain about hitting into our war.
    Quote Originally Posted by SillyRabbit View Post
    A) May 19 to June 7th ED made 15 plunders into our eowcf. We recall stealing from them last age, so none of us complain (and you can check my previous post where I said none of us were complaining).
    We do not regard their plundering as dirty. We stole from them, they can steal from us. It wasnt until after their plunders that I asked for a few days. Like Korp said, if they waited 6 weeks to war us why not just wait a few more days? Sure, you don't owe us that time. We just thought you would have preferred a war with us instead of whatever it is we are doing now.

Enthusiast
    best of luck to everyone in ED :)
    The Elf Mystic
    Flaming stupid people since 1999

Thread Information