Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Utopia will die

suggestion?

Here's a suggestion Bishop: ho out to the masses, tie uto in with facebook accounts and bingo you have a bunch of new nubs plus ad revenue.
    You'd have to make a few nice gui changes maybe but doable. Also have to take all the work and challenge out of playing to entice facebook users. It WOULD be nice to get around work firewalls for a change tho :)

And then the long term players would leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Thumbs up

i dont do facebook.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I don't have a poor attitude :(. Just realistic. There isn't a huge market for text-based, math intensive, non-graphical games lol.

I love the game, some others love the game, but its not for everyone.
    Man I love TBMINGGs

At facebook they created a game like utopia, the same mechanisms, with the diference that you can pay for some itens.
    I had the oportunity to talk with the creator of that game, he said it was a totally diferent project... pffff

I would like if utopia charge let?s say 5 - 10 dollars per age. Allowing free moves and all other stuffs. I know is complicate, many players would leave, and would become almost impossible new players join.
    But I think it would become a great game with only people who really want to play.

We know the game, he's lying and just ripped uto off then stuck in pay to win items.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Grilo View Post
    At facebook they created a game like utopia, the same mechanisms, with the diference that you can pay for some itens.
    I had the oportunity to talk with the creator of that game, he said it was a totally diferent project... pffff

I would like if utopia charge let?s say 5 - 10 dollars per age. Allowing free moves and all other stuffs. I know is complicate, many players would leave, and would become almost impossible new players join.
    But I think it would become a great game with only people who really want to play.
    That game's dead now. A rip-off that tried to kill the original.
    Never hate your enemies. It clouds your judgment.
    -Michael Corleone,The Godfather

yamibone these threads do nothing to help, if you got nothing constructive to share then go back to playin mable story
    Debauchery

Forum Fanatic
    Uto wasnt any more noob friendly when it started,Actually it was less friendly .It still grew.That was because of the time when it began text based games like it were something new to the net and it was advertised to some extent.Attacks werent done ingame as you can now or with angel or bots but with pencil and paper.Try explaining to a new player without IRC how to figure a attack using ingames or hoping they atleast had ICQ or if they actually joined a alliance since they were more common back then so they could log into a site and read walls of how to play the game text explaining attacking and other aspects that expanded on the old ingame guide in more detail.The games been made easier every few years already.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

What newatthis I would like to talk about that. I teach new players all the time. A lot of time they use other strategies and in time come back to my teachings. Their are a lot of new players and players coming back that are playing very well and will only get better. There a lot of kings that rush kingdoms into wars. Wars are not needed to have fun with the game.

Attacks werent done ingame as you can now or with angel or bots but with pencil and paper.
    Only by old people, us younger ones knew how to type calc.exe ;)
    Last edited by Korp; 17-03-2013 at 22:42. Reason: Spelling error

Regular
    It is a generational thing....This game will may die when the generations who started playing it die. I would like to see some trending on it but I'm sure the majority of players is made up of people who have always played the game and people that have played then come back (you never lose an addiction, it just gets easier to manage), then a small amount of new players which a very small % actually keep playing. I am a software developer and a big area to take into consideration when trying to get more users to try your product is what demographic you are trying to target and their psychology. Today's newer generations of game players are not interested in text based games, with the thousands of graphical smartphone apps people are spoiled for choice and a complex non graphical game like utopia doesn't look that attractive to them. Sure there are things that can be done to make utopia appeal to the current generation but would it make it the same game? Would it still appeal to the legacy players? Is this the direction the game designers want, do they want to heavily modify the game to get new players with the possibility of losing their core players? Also the current generation want things big, better, faster and they want it now....they don't want to wait hours for their army to come back, mana and stealth to generate and they want 100's of thousands of gc's per tick instead of a measly 20k per tick and these things can easily be solved without changing the dynamics of the game, just like real life we get paid more money now that we did 20 years ago but things are also more expensive. Definitely providing a smartphone app would help make the game more accessible to all players new and old.

Regular
    i remember in 2003, when people were saying if mehul didnt make xyz changes, the game would die...

does this thread prove its own falsehood?

Quote Originally Posted by V1nes View Post
    What newatthis I would like to talk about that. I teach new players all the time. A lot of time they use other strategies and in time come back to my teachings. Their are a lot of new players and players coming back that are playing very well and will only get better. There a lot of kings that rush kingdoms into wars. Wars are not needed to have fun with the game.
    Yeah I prolly was one of that king. We wared in-out eowcf when I ran the KD. Why? Coz waring another ghetto who also has 10 inactives was a lot safer for the KD than being hammered by 10 KDs with 20 active players. But we never lost an acre doe so no one complained. Not even when we lost in a war. N we won twice from 4 wars. So it wasn't that bad. Just frustrating n highly time consuming

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    We dont NEED new players. They arent required ... But yes they are always welcome and wanted, they arent a necessity though.
    I work in the marketing of a famous gaming company.

If I repeat what you say there, I am fired on the spot.

Without new players, a game will die very soon.

And this game has indeed the same problem as some other games that are targeting a playergroup that requires more intellect.
    They are not very new player friendly.

Advertisment(word of mouth or above the line) and supporting new players are key to every game.
    Last edited by Surrakar; 23-03-2013 at 22:57.

Thread Information