Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seemingly impossible to play as a 'warring kingdom'

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GotCha View Post
    This is also to blame on your monarch. If you are looking to go for WW crown then he/she should be keeping an eye out for where the majority of the 25man kd's are sitting NW and land wise. If you are just going for warring KD's that are actually worth a hoot, then he/she should be keeping an eye out for who is where (NW/Land size) and move the KD based on that. Sometimes you will just have to be patient and wait for the right target. If you get waved by someone bigger, then put it on them. Dont NAP and wuss out. And if you are just going after KD's you think you can beat, then you are not doing anything for your kd. The way you get better at anything is playing agaisnt thoes who are the same lvl or better then yourself. Sometimes losing is the best way to learn.
    This post is absolutely useless.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    You cant find wars, but other people can. Issue is with you. You are loading your dice too much.
    Other people can find wars because they aren't 2/2. You are missing the point.

If you are looking for "any damn war" you must be doing something seriously wrong if you cant find one. I think you mean you are looking for a war that it is clear you can win.
    Not at all. How is waving a 1/1 10% bigger, same prov count kingdom looking for a war that is clear we will win? I already said we are looking for even wars. You are missing the point.

Stop ghetto bashing
    We war other warring kingdoms. They refused to war us at the moment for reason x and y. We are not looking to ghetto bash. Also see above.

I've posted several times in that thread already.
    And posted nothing useful. You said the current WW system is fine, when it clearly is not.

Force a CF or don't give away hostile for days.
    One does not simply force a CF. How does anyone 'force a cf'? Threaten them with a wave from my skd friends?

The more you grow the better your opponents will be.Stop ghetto bashing.
    And the less frequent they will be. You are missing my point.

The more you grow the better your opponents will be.Stop ghetto bashing.
    See above.

You are choosing to limit your own targets.
    How so?

Stop ghetto bashing.
    Stop ghetto bashing.
    Stop ghetto bashing.
    Stop ghetto bashing.
    It seems like the ONLY way to win the WW crown is to 'ghetto bash'... thats the whole damn point of both threads.

or youre an idiot. If youre having problems finding wars, maybe your not placing yourself in the right spots to get them.

If people with 4/4 and even 5/5 can find wars why cant you?

Not at all. How is waving a 1/1 10% bigger, same prov count kingdom looking for a war that is clear we will win? I already said we are looking for even wars. You are missing the point.
    I guess thats a issue, dont be afraid to take on a challenge the harder the enemy is the funnier the war imo.

We war other warring kingdoms. They refused to war us at the moment for reason x and y. We are not looking to ghetto bash. Also see above.
    Being 20 provs ghetto bash is the only thing you will get.

One does not simply force a CF. How does anyone 'force a cf'? Threaten them with a wave from my skd friends?
    One does not simply walk into Mordor! Sorry. Depending on your situation you can force a cf with a kingdom without using outside help.

Not true.

It seems like the ONLY way to win the WW crown is to 'ghetto bash'... thats the whole damn point of both threads.
    Why do you focus on something silly as the warwin chat, i thought you just wanted to war?

This is also to blame on your monarch. If you are looking to go for WW crown then he/she should be keeping an eye out for where the majority of the 25man kd's are sitting NW and land wise.
    No, if you want to win the warwin crown you go ghetto bashing thats how you win that.

It requires some of that yes. Ghetto bashing up untill you dont have anyone else but the big boys to play with that ;). But it is hard to "ghetto bash" not knowing who is who untill close to the end of the age. :D

Why do you have to stay small? My nubly 20 prov ghetto almost hit the top 20 now after 2 won wars (says a lot of the state of this game..) We will gladly war you!

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post

And posted nothing useful. You said the current WW system is fine, when it clearly is not.

See above.

How so?

You keep saying you can't find wars as if "you" represent the entire player base. Clearly people can find wars (look at number 1 war win kd on 3 wins). The problem lies with you and how you play, yet you refuse to acknowledge this. Given that you know best I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    When your strategy doesn't work, change your strategy.

in 2002-2003 my KD had 19 warwins twice. Since then its dropped to the point where people consider 5 wars a 'warring age'. That is an average of one war per 18 days. Im not fully sure the system is to blame, its more about the amount of meat out there. The best way to be a warring KD is to position yourself in a place where most of the other KDs are, and that means a 19-21 prov KD at around rank 170 (nw wise). Even then, you will not get a high amount of wars, for the simple reason that 300 KDs is just so damn low. Im sure that if we wouldve done this strategy in age 25-30, we would never be found wanting for a war.

Bishop, go make this a facebook game so we can have moar meat!
    FREE

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    Why do you focus on something silly as the warwin chat, i thought you just wanted to war
    The warwin chart could be AMAZING. Why isn't it being changed? Warring is so much more fun than growing.

Quote Originally Posted by gergnub View Post
    Why do you have to stay small? My nubly 20 prov ghetto almost hit the top 20 now after 2 won wars (says a lot of the state of this game..) We will gladly war you!
    If you are in range of 2.8m then feel free to PM me your location :p

Learn to quote padawan.

2.8m nw is too small imo, how are u at 2.8mil nw after 2 war wins? >.< if you could be without intra razing then i am sorry for bringing it up but maybe u can grow a little to 3.5-4.5mil? lots of warring kds our there. i am a 4.5mil kd and almost every kd ard my size are warring atm.

ofc u will always meet kds who are too scared to war n etc, just set another wave date n move on

we waved 5 kds and are going to wave our 6th (all of whom are withing 5-10% our land size.) , shld be getting a war this time round =D

Quote Originally Posted by Araqiel View Post
    If you are in range of 2.8m then feel free to PM me your location :p
    There's your problem. Stop ghetto bashing.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Veteran
    You keep saying you can't find wars as if "you" represent the entire player base. Clearly people can find wars (look at number 1 war win kd on 3 wins). The problem lies with you and how you play, yet you refuse to acknowledge this. Given that you know best I wish you the best of luck in your endeavours.
    But I do represent a player base. I have played in a warring for six ages now. The kingdom has played at 25 provs and now 20 and its the same problem. What warring kingdoms have you been playing in recently exactly? I know you might be the owner of the game, but you should probably listen to what your players are saying. I am not the only one that thinks the war win chart sucks. In fact pretty much EVERYONE on the old post (http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...lacement-chart) agreed that it needs to be improved. I am not the one refusing to acknowledge anything. If you want to keep players, you should probably listen to them, or at least come up with viable alternatives to suggestions, rather than being blissfully ignorant and refusing to change anything.

Thread Information