Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: something I find odd. . .

Post Fiend
    Not sure what KD this Zauper fellow is playing in but in my KD the T/M is without doubt the most active, bestest, snuggliest and most handsome player. No contest at all really.

I think its not the size of the ship that matters.
    It's the motion of the ocean.

Maybe we are just still classifying too harshly into TM or attacker like in age 1.
    How does it matter in any way who is what type and how active active actually is?
    The only activity anyone has to achieve, is the one demanded by the kingdom, needed to maintain a successful war against the opponent you are fighting and also depending on the stress your province is experiencing.

All in all, no matter if I'm a TM or attacker or hybrid or whatever, if i'm more active and have a more healthy province in my kingdom, and my kingdom overall has a healthier economy than the opposing kingdom, we will win.

So let's try it out, and for fun i'll time my activity ;)
    someone should write an app for that between the 20minute utopia logins (if attacker) or 25 (if hybrid) or never if you're an oldschool TM version gotcha, or 23/7 if you're a newschool TM version Zauper.

Also, this post is in favour of the zapz.
    Ted gets honorable mentioning for indeed being the sexiest player.

Enthusiast
    As for the topic at hand, I haven't read the whole thread and have no desire to atm so this might be out of context, but I have the opinion that most active players should be on T/M.

As an attacker I just login every 9-12 hours, see who's being chained, get a SoM, hit them.

As a T/M I've got multiple different ops to run on multiple different provs all expiring at totally different times, to me it makes sense to have people who are far more flexable and can login more on these provs just so they can ensure MS/greed/riots/etc. is up 24/7 on those who need it.

Of course both types of prov will benefit from better players in how they're ran and more active means more done for both, but for most KDs T/Ms are a smaller percentage of the whole ergo are more noticeable to miss when they aren't around.

Enthusiast
    Stopped reading when gotcha called zauper an idiot. I loled. Next thread!

Edit: Holy **** it's snoepie!
    Dble edit: I want my attackers to be people who can be around at anytime. I want my faes to be the people who idle for 12 hours a day. That being said, I want my best active players in attacker slot and my best inactive players in fae slot
    Last edited by Nick_mi; 22-03-2013 at 22:54.
    Beauty of Absalom->Redemption of Absalom->Trinity of Absalom
    Acres->Infinity->Havoc of Absalom->Cromulent Republic
    7x crown winner. Genesis Tripple Crown. 3rd largest nw prov in history of game.

Quote Originally Posted by GotCha View Post
    Parth. I have not asked you to fear me. In no way or form do IGAF if you are "scared" or "intimidated". And do what you have to do parth. Sorry for your false beliefs parth :( . TROLOLOL harder kid.
    And i am not here to impress anyone flutter, ill leave that up to you. ;) ARe you not in Simians flutter? that makes me giggle. :D
    1. How could Parth be scared or intimated? Seriously?
    2. No, I'm not playing in Simians.
    3. Man I hate wasted giggles.
    Quote Originally Posted by VT2
    I should get a medal for all the common sense I highlight on a daily basis.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Bishop> I don't dislike Ezzerland
    <Bishop> We are just incompatible

<~Palem> I read that as "snuffleupegas gropes Palem" twice lol

Post Fiend
    For an attacker.. Here is the extent of your activity..

Step 1: Login the tick before your army returns, make sure you pay your wages.
    Step 2: Wait till your army returns and send it back out..
    Step 3: Send/Ask for any aid
    Step 4: Use Mana/Stealth as necessary
    Step 5: Go back to your life for 12 hours.

Most top kingdoms should have a suggested build setup for their attackers, and will pretty much tell you everything you need to know to run your province. It's not difficult at all, an untrained monkey could do it. Even getting chained doesn't take much more effort to survive, and even thrive.

For a T/M, you need to be much more flexible. You are expected to fund dragons, help aid chained kdmates, be around to do ops at a moments notice, and STILL maintain a bit of offense to grab acres from the enemy (I don't see why no one mentioned this. T/M's DO keep some offense, at least if they are decent or better..) Your build is a delicate balance that you need to tweak constantly to maximize your abilities in one area or another.

The specific times you need to be on aren't as strict (You don't usually have to wait for an army to return, at least not until the war has worn down a few targets) but you are expected to be available at a moments notice in the event an opportunity arises and your kingdom plans to take advantage.

Really, you want your most experienced players to run T/M. They will have the knowledge necessary to be effective. It's very easy to be a bad T/M. Logging on and just using your stealth isn't the extent of your job. I've warred a few kingdoms that had T/M's like that. We crushed them. A monarch is happy with attackers as long as they make their attacks.

By the way, this whole conversation was had recently already.. I don't remember where, but the end result was the same.

Inactive T/M = Explorer/Farm. Simple as that.

Regular
    i guess i was doing it wrong when while getting chained loging in every hour to check peas pop.
    and once my generals were all spread between ambushing and trad marching, i was logging in ever 3 hours or so to hit.
    of course being chained i adjusted my build constantly to up GS and even increase theivery a little as my tpa suddenly got amazing.

not to mention hanging around in irc, to get soldeir aid when i started getting intel taken... or when not being chained doing the same.
    nope total inactivity here as an attacker.
    just log 2x a day, 10mins in out, thats the way all our attackers play
    Dragons be Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Parth View Post
    GotCha, speaking candidly, I am no form intimidated or fearful of your actions as I have been involved in countless altercations which have ended less than favorably. In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs, I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

(This post is in favour of Zauper)

PARTHY, reusing 2008 material, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6H0i1RAdHk

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Forensick View Post
    i guess i was doing it wrong when while getting chained loging in every hour to check peas pop.
    and once my generals were all spread between ambushing and trad marching, i was logging in ever 3 hours or so to hit.
    of course being chained i adjusted my build constantly to up GS and even increase theivery a little as my tpa suddenly got amazing.

not to mention hanging around in irc, to get soldeir aid when i started getting intel taken... or when not being chained doing the same.
    nope total inactivity here as an attacker.
    just log 2x a day, 10mins in out, thats the way all our attackers play
    I was chained from 9k acres to 1500 acres the last war of last age. I didn't need to login every 10 minutes to check my pop.. I was still quad-tapping for 2k+ acres every 12 hours after 4 days. As for build? Buildings were kind of pointless, as anything built was the first to go. After a couple of hits, all my built buildings were destroyed and all I had left was in construction. PKing is VERY hard to do. If they attempt it, then yes.. You have to be a bit more active, but not by a lot.

Stonedville (Wanna join us? #publicstoners)
    We are looking for an attacker with 3 boxes on everything, so you are welcome :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_mi View Post
    Stopped reading when gotcha called zauper an idiot. I loled. Next thread!

Edit: Holy **** it's snoepie!
    Dble edit: I want my attackers to be people who can be around at anytime. I want my faes to be the people who idle for 12 hours a day. That being said, I want my best active players in attacker slot and my best inactive players in fae slot
    Considering that every post after his argument, he was told he was wrong...after he wants to come all cocky....sorry but the dude is ...an ...idiot...lol.... He can bathe in the old times and the old KD's he was in....not impressed...sorry

Forum Fanatic
    Considering that every post after his argument, he was told he was wrong...after he wants to come all cocky....sorry but the dude is ...an ...idiot...lol.... He can bathe in the old times and the old KD's he was in....not impressed...sorry
    Says the guy who accepted the challenge then wimped out? It's ok -- we're all aware that you're afraid of me, but you can act big here if you'd like.

Says the guy quoting a post that agrees with me, and yet says '...every post...he was told he was wrong?' Hmmm, I wonder...

Enthusiast
    Not sure why you're calling Zauper an idiot, he's got enough past achievements in the game and last age banked for us with like half an age and managed to drag a few of us up from ~2k to 11k and 9k, he basically got us our land/NW spot last age.

No disrespect to other players in your KD, but he's also in leadership of a better KD than yours, so I'd say he wins the old and new accomplishments list.

Quite how you can call other people cocky when you run your mouth on the forums towards ED, your KD hits us once and your monarch promptly freaks out, hits Fortified sends a CF and offers to let us retal.

Only reason we didn't raze kill you (I'm assuming it was you) is because Parth didn't feel like wasting the time on some loudmouthed moron. I'm of the opposite opinion and feel the age is long enough that we might run into you again.

no silver it wasnt me that hit yall. i have been gone to military training since mid friday. lol. good guess though. and we have found someone more in our range to war for this round (not over 1m bigger). and we jumped into fort to do our builds. but hey. You can raze kill away brother. Lmao. you might have gotten the war you wanted. Like you said there is PLENTY of time this age. And you make these assumptions of better kd's how? ohh right i already said it...pure assumptions. lmao. hopfully after this one we will be in in better range to war you guys. ;)

Forum Fanatic
    no silver it wasnt me that hit yall. i have been gone to military training since mid friday. lol. good guess though. and we have found someone more in our range to war for this round (not over 1m bigger). and we jumped into fort to do our builds. but hey. You can raze kill away brother. Lmao. you might have gotten the war you wanted. Like you said there is PLENTY of time this age. And you make these assumptions of better kd's how? ohh right i already said it...pure assumptions. lmao. hopfully after this one we will be in in better range to war you guys. ;)
    Gosh, so what you're saying is that when you agreed to war us you were unaware of our location? No, it can't be that because we told you.

So you were just talking out of your ass and your monarch didn't agree you'd be able to beat us in spite of our inactive t/ms? QQ a bloo bloo, sounds like your monarch agrees with us.

Thread Information