Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Philosophy behind intraraze?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Binar View Post
    landdropping is like exploring in reverse
    You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I take my hat off to you.

Post Demon
    I'll ignore the things above what I quote as you are talking in unnecessary circles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    again with the ethics. If they want to develop the skill and activity, it is a different questions. If they want to be casual players and not have to put in the time, there is nothing wrong with them doing other things that will not require them to develop. Freedom of choice and all that....
    If they are unwilling to learn, they should not call themselves competitive players. There are ghetto's they can spend time in.
    perhaps, but this thread long turned into a land-dropping generally thread and it is clear the majority of participants in the debate hate both forms.
    This is an assumption. You were the first player to mention non intra-raze in regard to LDing. It has only turned this way in your mind.
    so, i don't see much point to parsing the one from the other. Overall, people have this misguided belief that if we all just concentrate on growth this will make the top 10 more competative and that is the major basis for their complaint. what they don't realize is the number of conversations that are had when arranging diplomacy in the top when certain kingdoms say "you can have a CF, but you have to limit the growth of your humans to X amount or or or." The fact that such a statement is even offered is evidence that belies what is said about wanting more competition at the top. So people really need to stop pretending that such is anyone's true desire (other than the few who believe that they will ever have a chance to do so on a level playing field.)
    These kinds of forced arrangements happen due to a lack of balance. Lack of balance comes from lack of competition, allowing a dominance to exist at the top. If enough competition can be presented in an orderly enough form, we can recreate balance in the top and such agreements like this will need better thought from the current dominating force, as they will no longer have the higher hand.

It is true that their desire for competition is belittled by their own actions. That does not mean that developing competition would not be beneficial, nor change this.
    Apples are better than oranges.
    This is a misguided comment. Perhaps you are not familiar with what I referenced and it's comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezzerland View Post
    I'll ignore the things above what I quote as you are talking in unnecessary circles.
    I fail to see that but ok.

If they are unwilling to learn, they should not call themselves competitive players. There are ghetto's they can spend time in.
    Competitive is a relative term don't you think? There is competitive in the casual sense, there is competitive as in doing all the stuff that the top 5 to 8 do. There is competitive in the honor race, there is competitive in the total war race, there are many measures in all of those things. Its kind of a loaded term.

This is an assumption. You were the first player to mention non intra-raze in regard to LDing. It has only turned this way in your mind.
    was I the first? Perhaps, but I was not the last and most looked with equal derision in intra and outside agreement land dropping. so I still don't see much point in separating the two.

These kinds of forced arrangements happen due to a lack of balance. Lack of balance comes from lack of competition, allowing a dominance to exist at the top. If enough competition can be presented in an orderly enough form, we can recreate balance in the top and such agreements like this will need better thought from the current dominating force, as they will no longer have the higher hand.
    It is true that their desire for competition is belittled by their own actions. That does not mean that developing competition would not be beneficial, nor change this.
    But that requires a dedication to a meta strategy of the game that I think we should ask ourselves "should this be required?"

This is a misguided comment. Perhaps you are not familiar with what I referenced and it's comparison.
    I disagree.

I think that the fact that you lose honor in intra-razing is a big hint at its even frowned upon by the game itself.

It can be viewed that way, or it can be looked on as a price for doing something that may be tactically more appropriate.

You grow = you lose tpa/wpa and become more op vulnerable for a time.
    You drop = lose honor and those bonuses until you can regain them and are more vulnerable for a time.

You can gain honor back faster in war than you can gain wpa/tpa....

Also if you are a knight or a peasant, loss of honor means nothing to you.

Post Fiend
    Monument dissagreeing with themselfs? or Sheister left?

Just gonna point out one thing about the cats vs Monument hostile; if you hit ooh getting waved into hostile should not come as a big shock...

as for people compareing intra-raze and asking someone to landdrop you; one is lame, discuraged by game mechanics (destroys honor) and removes acres from the game, the other is lame, not really discuraged (though you could argue you are fakewarring and therfor it should be bannable) and keeps the acres in the game. They both should not happen, but I prefer acres staying in the game not disapearing.
    so silly!

We are having a difference of opinion.

yes and no. Most other kingdoms who were interested asked first and we told them that we were hitting out and were going to war with you. So, to the extent that is at all relevant here, it is what it is. Regardless it turned into a bad situation.

I too prefer non-land destructive means but it can depend on circumstances if you can use it or not.

Ex Nihlio is a ghetto. That you land-dropped to fight them because you think they aren't is a testament to how pathetic your kingdom is.

rofl.....

land-dropped to fight ex nihilo.....

how do you infer that we sought to land drop to fight them. We were staying small because we wanted a laid back age and we ended up warring ex nihilo and other KD's competing for the honor crown, all of who were competitive and hard fighting in trying to reach that goal.

jeeze steel, every time I read your stuff, I just can't stop laughing....

you sir are a breath of fresh... well no,....hmm.. well you are some sort of wind in a room........ or an elevator.... soemthing.......

whatever, I laugh when I think of you.
    :D

Thread Information