Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoTs

Post Fiend

SoTs

Why are they so easy to pull off?

Why doesn't thief defense help protect against it just like SoMs?

Why doesn't thief defense affect the accuracy?

/curious

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Thief defense does help protect. You can fail a SoT attempt, it's just that SoT is a very easy thief op.

Thief defense doesn't affect accuracy AND SoT is such an easy thief op because people need to be able to get reliably accurate information. If it's made harder, people complain.

Post Fiend
    It doesn't help anywhere near what it should.

I'm baffled by the second sentence. So, because people complained enough, Utopia was made to grab reliable information regardless of thief defense? Way to give in to the kidlets. Kind of makes you wish for the days of Mehul.

Intel is a basic necessity to play the game. If anything, SoM and the others should be made as easy as SoT. And in the days of Mehul you never lost thieves on intel, so how exactly was that better?
    S E C R E T S

Remember how easy CBs were? Yeah it's the same thing here, what's the problem?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No...you can fail SoT's. It's just like a regular thief op, but the difficulty is low.

Getting intel isn't supposed to be a trivial matter, but it's also important that you don't break your back trying to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Getting intel isn't supposed to be a trivial matter, but it's also important that you don't break your back trying to get it.
    Which is why intel needs to be balanced. There has never been justification for having other intel be 4x harder than SoT, especially when SoT gives you the most information.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So then we'll make SoT twice as hard so it's more fair? lol

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Intel is a basic necessity to play the game. If anything, SoM and the others should be made as easy as SoT. And in the days of Mehul you never lost thieves on intel, so how exactly was that better?
    I don't remember Mehul ever caving into that crap.

@Cul-de-Sac -- CBs were harder to pull if your WPA wasn't servicable. There was a level of difficulty and you could fail quite a few, and fail entirely on somebody.
    @Palen -- I know you can fail SoTs, but that doesn't mean your next attempt will fail. The majority of the time, it's a success. And yes, it should be a trivial matter in relation to provinces, just as attacking is. If an ORC can get away with carrying a 1/1 TPA, and use the space on boosting offense, there should be a downside to grabbing his intel.

Enthusiast
    make the others twice easyer... better :P

lets not forget these intels are usually taken by heavy attackers.. hybrids/tms stealth should go somewere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    So then we'll make SoT twice as hard so it's more fair? lol
    Personally, I would even all of them to 2x current SoT difficulty, but all intel only takes 1% stealth. At the moment SoT is 4x easier with 1/3 the stealth use of SoM, which is massively imbalanced.
    S E C R E T S

Back then getting CBs was way harder, but mostly due fact that usually heavy attackers have relative low wpa compared to target province. Eg ofc u will have hard times getting CB with 1 raw wpa agains 5 wpa target, while now u get SoTs with 2 tpa agains 5 tpa, thats why it looks like SoTs are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    Personally, I would even all of them to 2x current SoT difficulty, but all intel only takes 1% stealth. At the moment SoT is 4x easier with 1/3 the stealth use of SoM, which is massively imbalanced.
    YAY!

I am always happy when Dharan posts the point that we agree on.

now if I can just get people to bring back CB as well....... yes I know its duplicative, but it gives you the choice of using mana instead of stealth....

I bet calamity is some nub halfer/rogue with 30mtpa who complains about ppl being able to get his intel and therefore hit him...
    Last edited by koti00; 06-04-2013 at 11:44.

Veteran
    Running out of stealth constantly just because you can't get intel is going to drive attackers insane. It is fine as it is.

Thread Information