Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul for president?

I thought we were done with these stupid paulites already.

Does this one also think we should return to a gold standard because paper has no objective value and is based entirely on peoples faith in its value?

Because golds value is based on....
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

I'll McGovern you up, son. Wait, you know who McGovern was, right?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The sad part is he's still smarter than the large majority of voters lol

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Herman Cain was too black. It's a known fact that republicans hate black people. At least he ain't a muslim though amiright?
    Really? never found Republicans to hate Blacks.
    Before you can see the truth, you must be willing to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Lost me there. I don't like to put a lot of stock in politician's parties, but if there's one party to NOT identify yourself with right now, it's the Tea Party.

If the Republicans aren't idiots, they'll support Chris Christie, but I have a feeling Democrats are going to back Joe Biden for Presidency, so unless the republicans can throw together another failure as massive as McCain/Palin, this should be an easy election for them.
    The Tea Party has taken a bashing from the Drive by Media and its not a horrible group. I agree with you on the other stuff McCain was a poor pick and he picked an even worse running mate. I even like Palin but a poor pick indeed. Don't need any more Progressive Presidents no matter the party name.

Quote Originally Posted by John Snowstorm View Post

Does this one also think we should return to a gold standard because paper has no objective value and is based entirely on peoples faith in its value?

Good point but what is paper value based on? We can print more paper but not GOLD! Makes me wonder how we got this far. With Gold it has a use and will out last paper. Why are Russia and Chinese gov't buying up tons of gold its more valuable than paper.
    Last edited by Rockie Cantais; 22-09-2013 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    The sad part is he's still smarter than the large majority of voters lol
    That is a true enough statement. Makes the Great State of Kentucky look good then and full of smart people. No I'm not from Ky.

Quote Originally Posted by webcreations View Post
    I don't think so he become the next president, they do no have the skills of becoming president of America. Borak Obama is the person who is the actual man who receive the honor of this postion.
    Half of Americans are Low Information voters then! Wait that's the amount that don't pay taxes either! Scratch head, I guess those Democrat Progressive are smart after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    Good point but what is paper value based on? We can print more paper but not GOLD! Makes me wonder how we got this far. With Gold it has a use and will out last paper. Why are Russia and Chinese gov't buying up tons of gold its more valuable than paper.
    Actually, under the gold standard system, gold was 'printed' all the time in that there was always far more gold 'tied' currency in circulation than there ever was actual gold. See: fractional reserve banking.

Gold is just as 'fiat' as paper, it is in no way a value based stable currency, never has been, and never will be.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

#tactics

Actually, under the gold standard system, gold was 'printed' all the time in that there was always far more gold 'tied' currency in circulation than there ever was actual gold. See: fractional reserve banking.

Gold is just as 'fiat' as paper, it is in no way a value based stable currency, never has been, and never will be.
    True but what is the value of gold now? 1 Troy Ounce = $1,323.00, I say it has some value. A gold standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account is based on a fixed quantity of gold. No one uses the Gold standard now. So what do we base our currency on now? What do we use to back it up? Makes me laugh that its some secret formula that is used. Its not based on the Gold we have but we still value it. America may have none in Fort Knots, no one is allowed to see it. Crap how much longer can America keep printing the stuff without destroying not only the value of the Dollar, but effecting the whole world? I'm no expert on this but I do now the more you make the less value it has. Just saying our government is like that song "jokers on the right and clowns on the left of me". Pretty much sums up both political parties.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Why the GOP put Mitt Romney up there is beyond me. A spoiled rich boy who wants to cut the rich taxes, tax the poor and take away food stamps.
    funny that's how I see the libertarians
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie Cantais View Post
    True but what is the value of gold now? 1 Troy Ounce = $1,323.00, I say it has some value. A gold standard is a monetary system in which the standard economic unit of account is based on a fixed quantity of gold. No one uses the Gold standard now. So what do we base our currency on now? What do we use to back it up? Makes me laugh that its some secret formula that is used. Its not based on the Gold we have but we still value it. America may have none in Fort Knots, no one is allowed to see it. Crap how much longer can America keep printing the stuff without destroying not only the value of the Dollar, but effecting the whole world? I'm no expert on this but I do now the more you make the less value it has. Just saying our government is like that song "jokers on the right and clowns on the left of me". Pretty much sums up both political parties.

It doesn't matter what the market value of gold is, that doesn't mean it has intrinsic value, it means only that it has fiat value, the same as currency, gold doesn't back up a currency any more or less than anything else. Whether a currency is gold tied or not makes no difference, the value it has is still going to be the faith value that people put into it.

#tactics

Regular

No, gold is all about putting restrains on the government.

Regular
    It doesn't matter what the market value of gold is, that doesn't mean it has intrinsic value, it means only that it has fiat value, the same as currency, gold doesn't back up a currency any more or less than anything else. Whether a currency is gold tied or not makes no difference, the value it has is still going to be the faith value that people put into it.

you're right. And we can see that people are losing faith on fiat currency as the days go by.

Quote Originally Posted by JinXy View Post
    No, gold is all about putting restrains on the government.
    Except it doesn't, and never did.

you're right. And we can see that people are losing faith on fiat currency as the days go by.
    Values go up, values go down, that proves what exactly?

#tactics

Regular
    Except it doesn't, and never did.
    It doesn't when the population is not informed. Governments will always find ways around the system. But while the gold standard lasts, there was fiscal restrain on the government.

Values go up, values go down, that proves what exactly?
    value has gone up from $250 to $1330. Or if you want to go back further, it was originally at $20 and $35. What does that prove?

Thread Information