Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Faery/mystic T/M strategy

Faery/mystic T/M strategy

Hello,

I've played Utopia for a while about 4 years ago. I would like to play again as a Faery/Mystic T/M.
    As I forgot what strategy I used before, I could use some help to find a good strategy.
    I was thinking to use this building strategy:

8% farms
    15% banks
    15% guilds
    20% thieves dens
    15% libraries
    12% forts
    15% towers

Does anyone has any remarks? Do I also need watchtowers, homes or armouries? What should be the WPA, TPA and DPA to be aiming for?

Thanks in advance!

Regular
    Really hard to play a T/M Faery Mystic starting from the middle of the Age. however, if you were going to try to do it your going to need more guilds then the amount that you have right now to pump your WPA.

I could be incorrect, but I am pretty sure pure T/Ms run a large amount of homes(as an attacker I dont run any but not the case here). You forts as a faery are pretty worthless as you have solid elites. For pumping stage you need a minimal 25% guilds(50% with mystic) to really starting getting a decent WPA, I'd say the SMALLest rWPA you could have would be 4rWPA. Generally T/Ms mod DPA is around 70-75. TPA is really the tough part, you gotta put whatever else you can into thieves with a minimum 5-6rTPA. Though as a A/M I can tell you right now that no amount of TPA is going to stop or break a good halfings TPA.

Remember to pump housing/crime/channeling. You can probably shave 5% banks(you do have ToG) and libraries arent doing you any good if you just started your province.

Enthusiast
    You should have something like the following:

10% Homes
    08% Farms
    15% Banks (They help boost ToG effects)
    50% Guilds
    17% Towers

This should be the general non-war build. Once you are going to enter war drop Guilds to make room for TDs and WTs. Do the same with Towers. However, Don't drop Guilds below 15% (This can go to 12% after you acquire the needed rWPA) and keep Towers high enough to maintain spell casting and maybe to aid out a bit to attackers.
    T/Ms apparently = black sheep of Utopia.

Thanks for all the advice! But Natsu, why would I need watchtowers if I have enough TPA?

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gieldk View Post
    Thanks for all the advice! But Natsu, why would I need watchtowers if I have enough TPA?
    As a Faery/Mystic you won't have enough mTPA to stop a Halfling/Rogue so unless you want to be hammered by them I suggest running WTs.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Natsu View Post
    As a Faery/Mystic you won't have enough mTPA to stop a Halfling/Rogue so unless you want to be hammered by them I suggest running WTs.
    Agreed...a good Halfling rogue will eat your lunch and take your runes on the side. No pun intended :D

Post Fiend
    If you run Watch Towers as a T/M you are doing something terribly wrong. You need a lot of homes to run a T/M properly. The BE is very important. To get full effects of thieves dens yo need a BE of 104% and 20% Thief Dens. Obviously it's much harder late in age because your science is way behind.

Use CS if you need protection from halflings. Don't use banks in war because you need that space to make your province stronger.

You are a thief. You can steal a lot of runes and food in 1 op so 7% farms and 10% towers is enough.

War Build.

Homes 43
    Forts 10
    Guilds 10
    Towers 10
    Farms 7
    Thief Dens 20

Population per acre
    Peasants 8.5
    Elites 12
    Thieves 6
    Wizards 4.5

Mod Defence 92.8 pa

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigus View Post
    If you run Watch Towers as a T/M you are doing something terribly wrong. You need a lot of homes to run a T/M properly. The BE is very important. To get full effects of thieves dens yo need a BE of 104% and 20% Thief Dens. Obviously it's much harder late in age because your science is way behind.

Use CS if you need protection from halflings. Don't use banks in war because you need that space to make your province stronger.

You are a thief. You can steal a lot of runes and food in 1 op so 7% farms and 10% towers is enough.

War Build.

Homes 43
    Forts 10
    Guilds 10
    Towers 10
    Farms 7
    Thief Dens 20

Population per acre
    Peasants 8.5
    Elites 12
    Thieves 6
    Wizards 4.5

Mod Defence 92.8 pa
    So you expect to stop Halfling/Rogue provinces that are using 40mTPA with your 15mTPA as a Faery/Mystic? I'm sorry but you won't prevent a competent Halfling/Rogue from breaking you as a Faery/Mystic even with the build you mentioned. Now, It might work if you run a Faery/Rogue to defend a bit against a Halfling/Rogue. My build of 50% Guilds and 17% Towers was to get him situated then drop to 12% Guilds (15% Guilds until rWPA is there) along with 12% Towers during war. Halfling/Rogue provinces get double TD bonus and +40% TPA boost vs a Faery/Mystic. This doesn't include honor. Also, Thieves are cheaper for the Halfling.

3000 acres * 0.43 = 1290 Homes * 8 = 10320 extra peasants
    10320/3000 = 3.44rTPA boost (Not nearly enough even if you stick all into thieves)

Lets compare to 20% WTs which gives an extra 29.54% chance to catch along with -44.3% damage taken per op.

This is why when Mystic you build WTs but when Rogue you build some more Homes as a T/M. The difference between the two is the personality which you are stating your major in. Rogue = T/m while Mystic = t/M. If you want both to be balanced then you would have gone Sage.

Wow, it sounds like you don't understand population distribution. Those extra 10320 peasants also equals 10320 less jobs thus boosting your building efficiency. I imagine you are one of those people with a 5-6 peasant per acre and a 82% BE. Imagine running a TM that's as strong with a 9 pez/p/acre, 104% BE, 6rTpa, 7rWpa, and 95 OPA. I am not here to teach, but rather let you know it's being done now. Re-evaluate

Strategy Moderator
    @bpitchfo, you should follow Natsu's advise, not suggest is math is off. he builds the better prov between what he describes and the raw numbers you list.

Ok sounds like a plan

Post Fiend
    Take my advice and be aggressive enough to be a very successful mage and thief or be conservative and use 20% WTs and get a crap BE and TPA and not get the province to it's full potential. Most people think BE isn't important. It is especially important with a T/M Province.

Our Faeries have never had problems with Thievery or Mage Ops defence. With a bit of Honor and science they use 5-10% Libs to get over 8 RTPA and 5 WPA as a Mystic and ended last age with over 30mtpa (taking away last ages race modifier). Our Faery Rogues (Currently 40mtpa) Prop other Faeries (Rogue or Mystic) and even other Halfling Rogues. Don't forget You also have Expose Thieves and Fireball (To lower BE of TDs) which should be almost automatic against a Halfling Rogue in war. A Thief Mage can easily be strong in both but unfortunately the builds people list in these forums are old and stale.

Just because that is how you have been doing it for years does not mean it is right. Experts used to believed the Earth was flat many years ago and they turned out wrong.

But I am just a newbie so who am I to say?
    Last edited by Craigus; 12-04-2013 at 15:30.

What do you mean Craigus? People in the forums might actually being using an old build? who would have ever thought...Lastly when my 25% extra BE makes my 15% building stronger and saves me 10% land in that building....HMMMMMM

Strategy Moderator
    Our Faery Rogues (Currently 40mtpa)
    Marquis(very good)=1.105
    Invisibility=1.1
    TD(max)=1.75
    Science(very good)=2.5
    40/(1.105*1.1*1.75*1.5)=7.5 raw tpa.
    Congrats your like every other feary rogue in the game...

Take my advice and be aggressive enough to be a very successful mage and thief or be conservative and use 20% WTs and get a crap BE and TPA and not get the province to it's full potential. Most people think BE isn't important. It is especially important with a T/M Province.
    now consider the feary mystic who can only dedicate 4 tpa and has a lower TD mod and that feary gets owned w/ops. A good feary mystic will need to play defensively on the theif side if they want to be casting MS on any elf/feary. obviously the exact build will be target dependent but against any kd with a decent number of rogues u should have WTs on your feary in some way.

Thread Information