View Poll Results: Should Proteus pay KuhaN for their bet? (public votes)

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 92.47%
  • No

6 6.45%
  • Other, explain...

1 1.08%
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Proteus pay KuhaN?

Should Proteus pay KuhaN?

Basically what happened is that Proteus challenged anyone to take on a bet for 100 US dollars against AMA beating Sanctuary in war. KuhaN was willing to take him up on this offer. Proteus' suggestion was to Paypal the money to ASF, who could then arbiter the conflict as a neutral party and Paypal the winnings to the victor.
    As far as we know neither side was able to contact ASF, so Proteus could consider the contract void. However, the deal was made on these here forums, as can be read in another thread. So my question is, should Proteus honor the gentlemans agreement that was made in the other thread, in public, for all to see, or should he be excused because the money was never transfered to a neutral party?

Discuss and vote!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Proudly played in: Via Nocturna, Seasons, Dreams
    Crowned with Seasons and Dreams
    Now playing in: Polar Bears/Mothers Advice

"Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Money is owed, I think. But knowing Absalom and their propensity to break deals, play around with definitions and out type you, it's not gonna happen... sorry kuhan. :(
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

I like to post
    Yes he must pay. He challenge in irc and pub in forum all. KuhaN accepted it and put his money.
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

reminds me of the time hawkerz and octo put down 1000 dollars, then octo won and hawkerz ran like a little *****. won't be any different here.

Sir Postalot
    I think an action by the utopian community as a whole would be warranted in the event of a welched bet.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    I think an action by the utopian community as a whole would be warranted in the event of a welched bet.
    I concur

Quote Originally Posted by Realest View Post
    reminds me of the time hawkerz and octo put down 1000 dollars, then octo won and hawkerz ran like a little *****. won't be any different here.
    We was robbed.
    ∙ Shadowlight ∙ A Mothers Advice ∙ Force ∙ Pansies .

Kingdom Crown Winner with Pansies, Brute Force, Sonata, Dreams
    Province Crown Winner with Brute Force

∙ Brute Force ∙ Playboys ∙. Sonata ∙ Dreams ∙ Retired .

if logs exist it must be paid!

Strategy Moderator
    question is will abs step up and force it or let everyone wave Proteus untill he does

He should man up and pay here.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Forum Fanatic
    Stop wasting your time. You guys obviously have not taken contract law and do not know about conditions. Having money in escrow is whats called a condition precedent that would need to be fulfilled prior to the K (obligation to pay) would be enforceable. As the condition was never fulfilled there is no contract. Obviously not gonna let someone take advantage as if I won and there was no $ in escrow who says I'd have been paid. A deal is a deal and a K is a K, get educated on these issues.

If anyone is interested we can arrange a war this age, if you win you and Kuhan get $100 each and if you lose, well I get your acres.

Otherwise were done here, I understand everyone is bored and needs troll material but I have more important things to do with my time.

Quote Originally Posted by proteus View Post
    stop wasting your time. You guys obviously have not taken contract law and do not know about conditions. Having money in escrow is whats called a condition precedent that would need to be fulfilled prior to the k (obligation to pay) would be enforceable. As the condition was never fulfilled there is no contract. Obviously not gonna let someone take advantage as if i won and there was no $ in escrow who says i'd have been paid. A deal is a deal and a k is a k, get educated on these issues.

If anyone is interested we can arrange a war this age, if you win you and kuhan get $100 each and if you lose, well i get your acres.

Otherwise were done here, i understand everyone is bored and needs troll material but i have more important things to do with my time.
    boom
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Proteus View Post
    Stop wasting your time. You guys obviously have not taken contract law and do not know about conditions. Having money in escrow is whats called a condition precedent that would need to be fulfilled prior to the K (obligation to pay) would be enforceable. As the condition was never fulfilled there is no contract. Obviously not gonna let someone take advantage as if I won and there was no $ in escrow who says I'd have been paid. A deal is a deal and a K is a K, get educated on these issues.

If anyone is interested we can arrange a war this age, if you win you and Kuhan get $100 each and if you lose, well I get your acres.

Otherwise were done here, I understand everyone is bored and needs troll material but I have more important things to do with my time.
    weak.

Thread Information