Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's build something awesome

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Let's build something awesome

This will be my last age with TFC. I made my mind up awhile ago that I wanted to build something new and hopefully something equally as fun as TFC, but in a much more reasonable fashion. No more gimmicks, no more relaxed activity, no more excuses.

As some know, I run/ran TFC solo (to it's benefits and faults). I have absolutely no plans on running my next kd alone. There are a few reasons for this, such as avoiding burnout, limiting time when leaders aren't available, but most importantly I need someone/people to help me manage wars. While I can come up with plenty of legitimate excuses for TFC's poor war record, I know what I am and what I'm not and one of the things I'm not is a great war strategist. While I'm actively trying to get better, I'm not interested in jeopardizing the success of my kd while I improve. Basically, I need people who are able and willing to help me lead.

As far as kd requirements, I'm not making things too terribly hardcore, but I don't think we would qualify as a casual kd. In general...

What's expected:
    -IRC active
    -Army in-out activity in war. With the time mods on attacks, alarm clocks shouldn't be required, but if it's unavoidable I do expect you to be on grumbling with the rest of us about how tired we are. Along with that, I want people who log in to do more than attacking. They check up every now and then and see what's happening.
    -Be a cool guy or gal. Seriously, I would like nothing more than to have 25 friendly people getting on and having fun with each other........sexually of course.

What's NOT expected:
    -24/7 activity/availability. (People do things and go places. I get that.)
    -IRC idling. (Get on when you log in. Hopefully our friendly players will make you want to stay on anyway)
    -Giving out your phone number (This might change in the coming ages if we ramp things up and get mighty serious, but hopefully by that time you're comfortable enough with the group that you're willing to do it)

It should be noted that I'm still leading TFC and will continue to do so until the age ends so any actual assembly of the kd (or at least any assembly that involves myself) is going to need to wait until EoA reservations are available. That said, I've still got a lot of work to do. Up to right now the complete list of things I've done has been: Named kd, Made some banners out of boredom, had some faeries tell me they'd like to join me...and that's it until I post this then that's one more thing.

So yea, if you'd be interested in getting involved, let me know. Either respond here, PM me, or send me something in game, or if you happen to find me on IRC (#faerycircle,#tactics) shoot me a message there.

Word.
    Dont worry palem, i'll help you find themes for province naming conventions still :P
    Last edited by Spahrep; 11-04-2013 at 01:30.
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

is it too early for this faery to apply? you know my story and history and I am active and want to help you get this kd going. I have a few guys who fit the requirements who would make good additions as well ;-). we will chat more through the age

I thought you were going to join Catses, Palem ?
    It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.

Regular
    I'm insanely interested in this.

Currently idling in #faerycircle to see if I can catch you, but will PM as well to let you know my credentials. Hopefully we can work something out.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCurious View Post
    I thought you were going to join Catses, Palem ?
    I was too offput by their lack of a war forum spamming. Seriously, they got outspammed by one person...in one topic and I was even told in the middle of it that I spend too much time spamming. Psh!

Post Fiend
    Best of luck with this venture Palem. I would love to play with you someday but alas my disdain for posting in the war forum makes this an unlikely match.
    #Hiatus

@ Lightning - Will you make us another awesome banner to replace Palem's hard boredom work?
    Work Safe Custom Theme: http://spahrep.github.io/
    Age 55 TFC - Faery Warrior - Triple Crown (acres,nw,honor) <Unicorn Stampede>
    Age 56 TFC - Faery Warrior <Fen of the Unicorn>
    Age 57 TFC - Elf Mystic - 1st TFC Prince :P (S) <Rarity>
    Age 58 HRS (S) - Elf Mystic <Space Truckin - Deep Purple>
    Age 59 HRS (M) / AC (M) Faery Merchant <Cantaloupe>
    Age 60 AC (council) - Human Sage <Cerulean Frost>
    Age 60b Simians - Orc Tact <Cerulean Frost Rebooted>
    Age 61 - Silly Pink Ghetto Cats - Dwarf Merchant <Starship Unicorn Express>
    Age 62 - A Ghetto - Human Sage - 1M+ nw <Cerulean Unicorn Adventure>
    Age 63 - Another Ghetto
    Daughter of the Fifth House, Holder of the Sacred Chalice of Riix, Heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed.

-- The opinions/rants do not represent my kingdom or its affiliates, only me, and i have a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by tras19 View Post
    is it too early for this faery to apply? you know my story and history and I am active and want to help you get this kd going. I have a few guys who fit the requirements who would make good additions as well ;-). we will chat more through the age
    I'm also very interested in this.

I'm in, if you'll have me.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by LightNing View Post
    Best of luck with this venture Palem. I would love to play with you someday but alas my disdain for posting in the war forum makes this an unlikely match.
    You don't need to spam war forums. I can do that all by myself :p

Quote Originally Posted by Spahrep View Post
    @ Lightning - Will you make us another awesome banner to replace Palem's hard boredom work?
    How dare you judge banners you haven't seen yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Nim View Post
    I'm also very interested in this.
    Send me a PM?

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post

Send me a PM?
    Done. (:

my old kd mates are gonna be idling in #faerycirle now as a few of them are also interested

Forum Fanatic
    Goodluck palem

Director of Age Changes
    Why don't you just join an established skd (at least for some xp)? This seems like an awful lot of work, considering the state of the game.
    Last edited by Avenger; 12-04-2013 at 15:40. Reason: ba dum tss
    Discord: Hex | IRC: Hextor / Avenger

Thread Information