Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Condolences to Beantown ...

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I find it interesting people wouldn't take action to prevent the death of innocents. Most police officers and military personnel have never killed anyone/anything either, so I don't see what that matters..
    So, for your there is only one course of action and its to murder someone? How about just call the police and inform that you seen the person and they would come and take care of him?

And most police officers and military personel probably never will kill anyone and will be very happy about it. Id like to believe that most people arent people that could easily just kill another human being in cold blood.

Killing someone to protect innocent life is not murder, and it's certainly not in "cold blood". We're talking about the same guy who blew up 200 people and murdered a police officer. A known bomber is hanging out in my backyard, and I can take him out rather than risk him getting away (like he escaped the cops the night before) to kill more people. It might not be an easy thing to do, but it certainly is an easy decision, for me at least.
    S E C R E T S

How to put it, I dont think taking justices in to your own hands is justifyable and makes just no better than the animals that commited such crimes. There is a justices system and it should be handled within that system. Think the situation was handled pretty well now he was taken into custody and will msot likely face death penalty.

With that said, the media coverage of this around the whole world is absurd, this has been the headline in newspapers around here for god knows how many days. It is a tragic thing that happend but there is more tragic things happening all over the world that people rarely get to know about. (I can understand the media covering it US causes there it is a big thing but the rest of the world...)

I agree with Korp. "There is a justices system and it should be handled within that system."
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

The situation certainly wasn't handled well by police the night before, with bullets flying through innocent people's houses and letting the guy get away. If I can walk up, identify a known bomber, and put a bullet in him to end it swiftly in the best interest of myself, my home, and my neighbors, I'm doing it.
    S E C R E T S

The situation certainly wasn't handled well by police the night before, with bullets flying through innocent people's houses and letting the guy get away. If I can walk up, identify a known bomber, and put a bullet in him to end it swiftly in the best interest of myself, my home, and my neighbors, I'm doing it.
    I doubt you could, I dont doubt thats what you would like to do but saying something and actually doing it is two different things especially when it comes to ending a persons life. So, lets ponder the situation, lets say that you walk up and identify him as the bomber but he gets away cause you fumbled. Wouldnt it in that case better been calling the police that they would come and secure the area so the bomber wouldnt be able to to get away again? Or is your train of thoughts only in a perfect scenario?

Or what about theres few others like you that thought they saw the person and killed them, is that okey? Innocent people died cause someone thought they saw the bomber?
    Last edited by Korp; 22-04-2013 at 21:20. Reason: Spelling and added last paragraph.

Whether you doubt it or not makes little difference to me. My actions would be based on circumstance, I'm sure there are scenarios where I would call the police. He may have been half dead laying there from blood loss, in which case I wouldn't be inclined to shoot him lol. If I walk up and he's got a gun in his hand, I'm shooting him. As for the questions about if it's ok to shoot someone cuz you "think" you saw the guy, of course that's not ok. Those are the type of people who shouldn't own firearms.
    S E C R E T S

You shouldn't own one either, Mr Vigilante-Murderer.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

It's not vigilantism or murder to take a life in self defense or in the defense of innocents.
    S E C R E T S

Shooting someone hiding in your garden is murder. There is a a legal process in place, follow it. You have absolutely no idea of the circumstances involved and do not have the right to bypass the justice system.

Shooting an unarmed person hiding in my backyard who is not a threat would be murder. Shooting an armed aggressor wanted for the murder and/or maiming of 200 people is not murder, it's killing in the defense of myself and other innocents. There are laws in place to protect citizens who take such action, so it's not bypassing anything.
    S E C R E T S

Oh, you are sure its him and that he is armed i.e you stopped to verify this and then shot him?

Also, being accused or wanted in connection with a crime means you are guilty?

Pew pew pew. 'Merica.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Have to side with Bishop on this. Not only does every citizen have certain rights, but the gov't wanted him alive. Killing him wouldn't be right in any sense other than feeding your own satisfaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Oh, you are sure its him and that he is armed i.e you stopped to verify this and then shot him?

Also, being accused or wanted in connection with a crime means you are guilty?

Pew pew pew. 'Merica.
    I wouldn't shoot a man who wasn't clearly armed or an immediate threat to someone. In that case I would just hold him at gunpoint until authorities arrived.

If a person is wanted for murder, you're supposed to assume they're innocent if they walk on your property with a gun since they haven't been in court yet? Sound logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Have to side with Bishop on this. Not only does every citizen have certain rights, but the gov't wanted him alive. Killing him wouldn't be right in any sense other than feeding your own satisfaction.
    That's a bull**** assumption to make about me, Palem. Wanting him alive is fine, but not at the cost of innocent life. They let him get away once and he could've killed again. No reason to assume that couldn't have happened again.
    Last edited by DHaran; 23-04-2013 at 14:13.
    S E C R E T S

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Wanting him alive is fine, but not at the cost of innocent life.
    I would hate to sound like the crazy guy, but I'm sure the FBI cares much more about capturing a terrorist than it does about the lives of a couple people from Watertown Massachusetts. There's a reason the lead FBI guy immediately left the Press Conference telling people it was safe to leave their houses and didn't stick around for the rest of the conference. They tried to flush him out with citizens and it worked.

Thread Information