Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Condolences to Beantown ...

That one I can translate:

"I like to engage in confrontational behavior and then want to act like a poor victim when I get back the same attitude"
    S E C R E T S

So, I am still waiting for the source that you would act within the law. There wasnt any post in this thread that did suport that claim. Or should I take your personal attacks a way of saying "I dont have anything to come with" so I am just try to ridicule the opponent instead?

I quoted a wikipedia page on Maryland self-defense laws that has case notes, but I'm not going to spend 3 hours sourcing those cases for what I already know is legitimate. You can waste your own time if you like.
    S E C R E T S

Okey,

Lets take out the four major points. And I found your post.

(1) The accused must have had reasonable grounds to believe himself in apparent imminent or immediate danger of death or serious bodily harm from his assailant or potential assailant;
    (2) The accused must have in fact believed himself in this danger;
    (3) The accused claiming the right of self defense must not have been the aggressor or provoked the conflict
    This one confuses me, would you investigate "suspcious activity" with bring your gun with you? Seems weird if your first thought would be who the hell is on my boat? Either way, bringing a gun into the fold would be imo provoking the situation or for that matter being the aggressor.

(4) The force used must have not been unreasonable and excessive, that is, the force must not have been more force than the exigency demanded.
    Shooting someone even if the person commited murders and detonating a bomb would be excessive since the situation at hand doesnt require you shooting the person. Your life isnt at immediate risk until he does a action that would make you believe just knowing that the person is dangerous doesnt put your life at risk.

And the last two

2) The defendant's belief was reasonable.
    3) The defendant used no more force than was reasonably necessary to defend <himself> <herself> in light of the threatened or actual harm.
    Is it reasonable consider that the person as far as we know would just be hiding in your boat? Obviously you think so but .. You would be able to contain the situation with lesser force than shooting someone as well.

So, you would probably get away with it but thats cause USA is a twisted country not cause it was right thing to do.

Knock it off, both of you.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Carrying a weapon on my own property is within my rights, and is in no way aggression or provocation. Trespassing on my property with a weapon is.

My life isn't at immediate risk if I find an armed (as stated, my assumption at the time of the comment) fugitive who has killed 4 people already, one in a massive shootout during his last attempted capture? I can only laugh at that. The last time they tried catching him he opened fire in the streets and threw bombs at people, and my life isn't in danger when I'm standing right in front of him? ROFL

And of course you end with an anti-American comment, as if we're the only country in the world with problems. Not that self-defense laws are a problem in any way, lol.
    S E C R E T S

Carrying a weapon on my own property is within my rights, and is in no way aggression or provocation. Trespassing on my property with a weapon is.
    So, you would bring a gun with you?

My life isn't at immediate risk if I find an armed (as stated, my assumption at the time of the comment) fugitive who has killed 4 people already, one in a massive shootout during his last attempted capture? I can only laugh at that. The last time they tried catching him he opened fire in the streets and threw bombs at people, and my life isn't in danger when I'm standing right in front of him? ROFL
    I think this is where the biggest issue between our opinions, you would assume he would automatically do something or posses a automatic threat for you just for existing without actually showing any hostile signs. Thou your first post about this dont specify anything, it just stated that you would put bullets in him. Your life could be in danger depending on how he would acted sure, he could act with hostility towards you and then it could be very well be within your rights to shoot him. But just existing doesnt pose a immediate threat towards you, he would need to do something obviouslly.

And of course you end with an anti-American comment, as if we're the only country in the world with problems. Not that self-defense laws are a problem in any way, lol.
    Not really, if you think your country dont have several issues with gun-laws and things related its very sad. Tho you seem to have taken this thread personally from the start even thou my initial opinions where never about any specific person just a general observation of behaviour. So I guess its not surprsing that you would yet again be on your toes when someone mentions your precious USA in a negative manner. Self defense is just fine, the way you worded things in your inital posts not so much. If we would make a bunch of assumptions of how the scenario would unfold your behavior and acting could be warranted. But at the time that I posted my first post we already knew a certain amount of facts of the person. So everyone should have acted within those facts.

Someone is lurking around my yard and there's blood on my boat? Yea, I'm grabbing my gun because I have no idea what's out there.

Why would I assume he wouldn't be hostile towards me? Had he not murdered 4 people already? No, I'm sure he's actually a nice guy and I'm totally not in any danger whatsoever, rofl. I never said anything about shooting him just for existing, that's just something else you made up as you love doing so much.

I already said there are issues with gun laws, try keeping up. Why would I not take your ridiculous comments personally when they were in response to my posts? You're rude and judgmental as you make outrageous assumptions about people you know nothing about, assumptions based on nothing because you've made most of the **** up in your head.
    S E C R E T S

LIAR, you know exactly what is out there.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    LIAR, you know exactly what is out there.
    I hope you're being sarcastic, if not that's an idiotic statement. The guy who actually checked the boat had no idea what was back there when he went to it, otherwise he likely wouldn't have approached at all and just called the cops.
    S E C R E T S

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic, if not that's an idiotic statement. The guy who actually checked the boat had no idea what was back there when he went to it, otherwise he likely wouldn't have approached at all and just called the cops.
    You said

Quote Originally Posted by DHaran View Post
    You joke, but if I found the guy hiding in my backyard, I'd have put a few rounds in him and then called the cops to come clean up the mess. Problem solved.
    ^^ you know who it is.

LIAR.

How would I know who it is before I found him? That makes zero sense, lol. The guy who actually found him didn't know, but somehow I'm supposed to?
    S E C R E T S

So you don't know who he is, but you'd shoot him anyway? Or you think you can make a 100% positive ID and then shoot him.

This is mind bottling.

The guy who had his face plastered all over the media? Is there something unrealistic about making the ID that I'm missing? All this is moot anyway since it turned out he was just laying there unarmed.
    S E C R E T S

You think you can make a 100% positive ID and then shoot him, as he was laying there unarmed? Why don't you think this is a ****ty situation for any society to be in :/

Thread Information