Thread: Handling a Crazed Monarch

Regular

Handling a Crazed Monarch

Hello,

This is my situation - I have random moved to a KD to finish off this age. At first, the KD I landed in seemed rather inactive. They have 0 wars and the only person that seemed to be posting on the forums was the monarch.

The monarch has made very irrational rules and guidelines for everybody in the KD, requiring set numbers for everything from DPA/TPA to science precentages and builds. His set numbers are not only unrealistic, but would be severely damaging to most provinces. The forum is filled with his rules and guidelines and demands, even though most of the kingdom says nothing. I have passed the requirements past some friends in other KD's and they feel it's absolutely ridiculous.

What really got me was what's happened since I got here. Because of the random move, I was going into things a bit weaker than I wanted to be. I checked the rules and guidelines quickly, posted in the roll call thread and then started focusing on building my province back up. In order to build myself back up, I did a plunder attack and two learn attacks. All of a sudden, I'm met by a 10x retal from the other kingdom and my monarch threatening me, saying if I don't stop doing random attacks, that he'll help them out with removing me. I'm very sure the monarch of this KD actually sent a message to the other KD I learned, asking them to hit me. What I didn't know is that if anybody in the KD does a random attack, it has to be approved by him first or the province is up for removal. No reason was given as to why random attacks are not allowed.

After talking a bit more to my friends and sharing a couple of the minimum requirements for attackers, they grabbed his intel (which I did not ask them to do). The monarch himself does not adhere to his own guidelines for numbers or builds, but is crippling the entire kingdom with these threats. Every attacker in the KD is not allowed to attack, meanwhile he's full of empty promises of war and threats of removal.

I am planning on leaving the KD when my 24 hours of non-aggressive actions are up, but I am wondering if there's another way to handle this. I'd love to get some revenge on him, but I don't want to endanger the KD I may move to.
    Last edited by shakenbridge; 23-04-2013 at 17:03.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    lol thanks funny.

Just grow and kill him.

Post Fiend
    pm me the cords.. just gonna check him out tho..

Regular
    I ended up releasing all my troops and mass aiding him 20K soldiers, all my runes, gold and food and then deleting my province as soon as it was sent. Taking his positive TB to now -3mil and causing rioting.

Needs to get out more
    I might know this monarch. He's crazy, but I enjoyed the havoc. After a random out a friend of mine started a civil war, but the kool-aid drinkers won. That monarch then msg me promising to PK and crush the kingdom I ended up in. Spared that small merry kingdom and was recruited by a kingdom that was a prior age enemy. After biting off more than he could chew in war I noticed he lost monarchy and shrunk to obscurity. Angriest Canadian I've seen without ice-skates! Lol!
    Should mention, I left on amicable terms and gifted him 40 credits to recruit into my viscount province.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 23-04-2013 at 20:47.

you all talking about Pillz?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Pillz plays with DHaran I think.

Needs to get out more
    Mine was province named 'Your Father' the age I joined. We were ghetto, but he pulled the kingdom together and started the next age 4-0. Very good at eowp strat, wave strat for such a rough environment. So in forum his nick was shortened to 'Father'. Lol! -Actually in this game I like crazy, and there's a lot to be encountered. I've had my bad days and it only takes one to get the crazies to ballista-freakathon. I chose to random out as it's always interesting to get involved in a whole new drama/kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by shakenbridge View Post
    Hello,

This is my situation - I have random moved to a KD to finish off this age. At first, the KD I landed in seemed rather inactive. They have 0 wars and the only person that seemed to be posting on the forums was the monarch.

The monarch has made very irrational rules and guidelines for everybody in the KD, requiring set numbers for everything from DPA/TPA to science precentages and builds. His set numbers are not only unrealistic, but would be severely damaging to most provinces. The forum is filled with his rules and guidelines and demands, even though most of the kingdom says nothing. I have passed the requirements past some friends in other KD's and they feel it's absolutely ridiculous.

What really got me was what's happened since I got here. Because of the random move, I was going into things a bit weaker than I wanted to be. I checked the rules and guidelines quickly, posted in the roll call thread and then started focusing on building my province back up. In order to build myself back up, I did a plunder attack and two learn attacks. All of a sudden, I'm met by a 10x retal from the other kingdom and my monarch threatening me, saying if I don't stop doing random attacks, that he'll help them out with removing me. I'm very sure the monarch of this KD actually sent a message to the other KD I learned, asking them to hit me. What I didn't know is that if anybody in the KD does a random attack, it has to be approved by him first or the province is up for removal. No reason was given as to why random attacks are not allowed.

After talking a bit more to my friends and sharing a couple of the minimum requirements for attackers, they grabbed his intel (which I did not ask them to do). The monarch himself does not adhere to his own guidelines for numbers or builds, but is crippling the entire kingdom with these threats. Every attacker in the KD is not allowed to attack, meanwhile he's full of empty promises of war and threats of removal.

I am planning on leaving the KD when my 24 hours of non-aggressive actions are up, but I am wondering if there's another way to handle this. I'd love to get some revenge on him, but I don't want to endanger the KD I may move to.
    This sounds exactly like our monarch in age 56 prior to our civil war, bloody nazi - even tried to control what was posted on the forum, incl. war forum - complete and utter tool.
    Luckily for me the entire KD was determined to stay... in my opinion, if you've worked hard for something - fight for it.
    Civil War is my response.
    Last edited by Tovarishch; 01-05-2013 at 09:32.

Regular
    I had a monarch that tried that crap. War builds were sound and find, but he tried to control what everyone said about HIM in the war forums, ended up getting way out of hand lol. He was a cool dude otherwise.

Needs to get out more
    Yeah, most guys aren't pure evil, just have their hangups. Mine was like having the Soup-Nazi for a monarch. Even though he probably would still PK me I like the guy.lol

Thread Information